OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 09:25:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I wanted to post this on christianforums but I don't know if people need to  (Read 643 times) Average Rating: 0
mikeforjesus
High Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« on: March 10, 2014, 07:10:25 AM »

I wanted to post this on christian forums but I don't know if people need to be orthodox. I don't want to oppose people being orthodox. It bothers me that my sisters husbands family who are roman catholic will not convert to orthodoxy/and I don't want to heap on judgement to his family because I don't think that is my job unless I could handle the responsibility which I can't because only God can and orthodox saints

Blessings and Greetings in the Name of Jesus Christ

I just wanted to affirm that all who believe in Jesus and do good works as a result of that faith are saved. One need not become orthodox unless one has seen mighty works which confirms ones apostleship and rejected it

Even Sodom though they had not any mighty signs as the Jews did nonetheless saw God's power in Abraham when he destroyed the army against Sodom
The true light shines to all so all are responsible with the light that they have seen.  I have seen many issues here about for instance can one sin and be saved?  well not all are guaranteed a long life to repent. But repentance is open to everyone who has breath that is to all living human creatures. Therefore the degree of repentance may be different for each person due to God warning we do not know when we will die.
We know God is long suffering not willing that any should perish. If some are destroyed early it may be that that person is very wicked hindering God's purposes on earth or will never repent because God can know that but He may not cut anyone off early so He can testify His righteousness against them on Judgement Day but their choices lead to them dying earlier. Those cut off early fall in the realm of mystery as God has many mysteries . Such questions may be raised where do babies go who have not accepted Christ. We may say to heaven but one may question God's fairness to those who wish they died as babies. Though perhaps to heaven is a good theory but we can not know that.
"The secret things belong to the Lord but the revealed things to us and our children" said Moses
He said I kill and I make alive. So He may find a way in bringing people to heaven with their free will like those babies who died without being able to call on God

Our Lord came for the Samaritan Woman and people. Though they did not worship correctly God had accepted all who fear Him even in old testament times. Only when they had been instructed and the Samaritan Woman had seen that Jesus was a man of God having known her sins. Only then did God seek her to worship in Spirit and Truth
Many nations were not required to be circumcised to be saved. God saying in Abraham's seed all the families of the earth will receive a blessing. That is even those who do not follow Abraham or orthodoxy will be blessed because God does not call people on our own timing but on His. When Jesus and the Disciples preached all were required to obey because they did make themselves clear and do signs.

As a believer we are to grow in the fruits of the Spirit and having mercy. Though as christians we may believe in hell even that only God decides who goes there. A fruit of the Spirit is gentleness. God is Love. Even those in hell are there because they have nowhere else to go

My advice to non orthodox people is to examine themselves if they have the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives for to be born again of the Spirit as mentioned in Ezekiel gives spiritual rebirth and the Spirit may lead us to fast so that God can abide in us. Our orthodox traditions are helpful for our souls
We believe to receive the Holy Spirit one needs to be baptised and one can not see the kingdom of God without being born again. But indeed I think the Spirit has fallen on many of you in these last days None of them shall teach his neighbor know the LORD. I say this because of the absence of apostles sent from God with signs to prove they are sent from God. For who shall preach unless he be sent? as Moses asks from God how will they believe me unless a sign is sent?

I am not saying one need not be orthodox. It is a must if one feels drawn to it for spiritual growth. If one knows he is dead without the Holy Spirit
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 07:38:50 AM by mikeforjesus » Logged
Cackles
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (Canada)

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 07:51:47 AM »

Are u saying that you want your your inlaws to become Orthodox or they wont be saved under Roman Catholic?

The above post is intended for discussion purposes and is comprised of my personal opinion.
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 08:03:21 AM »

Maybe according to people here. What is wrong with ecumenism if all christians can be saved? we accept the catholic sacraments but what about those who have married people from a protestant family? some people I know with near relation have done so.  I just feel uneasy when people have a problem with the world council of churches
Also maybe people deserve judgement for not seeking the full truth when they know they need to if they have to love God above all but that is God's business I can't interfere in probably according to my dad but we believe it is our duty to present orthodoxy to all first by becoming saints, but that it is necessary to be orthodox many laymen and some or many clergy say
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 08:17:40 AM by mikeforjesus » Logged
Cackles
Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian (Canada)

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 08:20:59 AM »

Maybe according to people here. What is wrong with ecumenism if all christians can be saved? we accept the catholic sacraments but what about those who have married people from a protestant family? some people I know with near relation have done so.  I just feel uneasy when people have a problem with the world council of churches

Like in my personal opinion, Catholic and Orthodox are Christians and have granted authority by Jesus himself to baptise people under the line of Anraham and Isaac which is required to be a Christian. Theology wise, Orthodox is the best and has the clearest, sober understanding of being saved compared to any other Christian religion.

One person on a Youtube video said that he does not call Protestants Christians, he only calls them Protestants. However, whats in a name. Is that the only way to God? Thats where it gets tough because God seemed to allow Protestants to happen and they have grown and stood the test of time. Maybe they serve a purpose. Im not sure.

My big question is. Suppose i say to a protestant what it takes to go to heaven. He'll say Accept jesus. Ill say ok. 2 min later the pastor will say goodbye and i go home. Ok now what. im saved.. Ok.. Umm....

So the question is, who has authority to to dictate who is saved or not. Catholics outright say that them alone with the Orthodox church being the exception is the only way to salvation. After all, Jesus laid hands and granted his disciples as worthy to make preists, if this is the case, then its true, these people would have to come over to our Churches.

However as a layperson I wonder if these evangelicles are all going to hell.. Maybe God accepts some of them in their ignorance because they believe in God and do rightous things as good people (some of them anyway). If a woman is a righteous wife, then she is very likely to go. Maybe only 20% go sort of thing. im not sure.. Tough question.

The above post is intended for discussion purposes and is comprised of my personal opinion.
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 08:25:27 AM »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I just wanted to filter this post if I post it under christianforums because I tend not to make sense. I just wanted people to share their thoughts with me I am not seeking any advice I think
Gkterra
Formerly know as findingfaith

Jurisdiction: GOA

ακραία αμαρτωλός

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »

I believe Christ works with what we give him to work with because of free will, wrong choices are part of us, sometimes we just can't see where Christ is leading us because of worldly distractions.
and our search for the Truth in this era is compounded by 1 major mistake which brought so much confusion to the world (The Great Schism) for me, Rome's choice was the wrong one, the mass of confusion in finding the fullness of the truth in our era is evidence enough for me.

but that doesn't mean I think everyone outside Orthodoxy is damned, I believe Christ works with what we give him to work with (whatever you loose on earth)
I used to have disdain for the more extreme Christians, but these days I just pray for them, knowing God knows better than me, and will save whom he so choses.

Even satan himself can appear as an Angel of the Lord, and do good works in His name, to distract you from the path of True Righteousness

Ever notice that just like there is no age limit on stupidity, there is no IQ limit either? kind of explains a lot huh?
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 03:32:17 PM »

we accept the catholic sacraments
I think that there are quite a few Orthodox who would disagree with you on that one.

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
WPM
Revolutionary Writer
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 03:52:07 PM »

I don't use ChristianForums anymore ...
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 03:57:50 PM »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I just wanted to filter this post if I post it under christianforums because I tend not to make sense. I just wanted people to share their thoughts with me I am not seeking any advice I think

It is not a good idea to post at Christian Forums. The OBOB forum for Catholics is extremely protective, but if you post in TAW, you would most likely get a nasty warning too because Vatican II Catholics who frequent TAW will also report you.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 04:29:16 AM »

we accept the catholic sacraments
I think that there are quite a few Orthodox who would disagree with you on that one.

Unfortunately I remember that is the orthodox view of many is it the official ? that your sacraments are not valid so how can a catholic be saved though Jesus clearly said only those who are born of water and the Spirit can enter the kingdom our churches don't accept your baptism it seems they  only respect your church so we insist on chrismation only and not baptism also how one must eat His body and blood to be resurrected at the last day
Those who know to do good and do not do it will be beaten with many stripes but even the ignorant will be beaten with few but will the separation from God be eternal ?
I know the ignorant will have mercy but what if people are ignorant because they refuse to find the truth ?
I myself believe Catholics can be accepted for wanting to obey Jesus with the light they have been given like the Samaritan people out of mercy from God to humans for not demanding we come to Him to see miracles but He brings the fullness of the gospel and power of the kingdom before He judges
That is if miracles exist in our church to confirm it as the only true church but if people refuse to seek the truth they don't deserve Jesus to seek them unless they have an excuse like they perceive God as evil and not helpful to their families salvation if that is acceptable
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 04:42:50 AM by mikeforjesus » Logged
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 08:43:20 PM »

I wanted to post this on christian forums but I don't know if people need to be orthodox. I don't want to oppose people being orthodox. It bothers me that my sisters husbands family who are roman catholic will not convert to orthodoxy/and I don't want to heap on judgement to his family because I don't think that is my job unless I could handle the responsibility which I can't because only God can and orthodox saints

Hi. I don't necessarily expect Orthodox to tell me "You needn't become Orthodox." Some do say that, of course, but I'm not bothered by the fact that many do not. But here is what does bother me: as a Greek Catholic who doesn't intend to become Orthodox, I seem to be no different, in the eyes of a great many Orthodox, than someone who starts out Orthodox and then leaves Orthodoxy. (Or, at least, that's what my humble experiences indicate.)

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
truthseeker32
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOAA- Denver

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 09:06:21 PM »

I don't use ChristianForums anymore ...
TAW on ChristianForums is pretty bad. Sometimes it seems more akin to a fundamentalist Old Calendarist group than a group of Orthodox Christians.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: