OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 02:07:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evangelical,Word of Faith Communion  (Read 1159 times) Average Rating: 0
DennyB

Moving Toward Orthodoxy

« on: March 27, 2005, 06:04:08 PM »

I was appalled today to see a prominant Word of Faith Teacher make a mockery of Communion, Paula White to be precise, she was basically reducing Holy Communion to and INDIVIDUAL event,even a DAILY event for the Christian,claiming essentially that Holy Communion was an avenue of Physical Healing,and Getting from God what is rightfullly yours,She even was promoting Communion Trinkets for People to purchase that would aid them in their communion experience,I thought I had seen it all until this charade.
BrotherAidan
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

OC.net

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 11:42:05 AM »

DB
turn off the TV!
There is virtually nothing there for an Orthodox believer and all the rest will just make you angry - feeding that passion. Almost better to watch secular TV if you are going to watch at all!
DennyB

Moving Toward Orthodoxy

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 09:43:14 PM »

I have been trying to discipline myself,thanks for the encouragement.
SetFree
King of Kings

Faith: Oriental Orthodox (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

Christ, Our God, To Earth Descendeth...

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 11:31:39 PM »

I must agree and disagree with BrotherAiden...

I agree in that you should turn off the TV.  I have seen Paula White and her sermons are way off base.  She, like many others hosted on TBN (The Blasphemy Network), do not teach Jesus as Lord and Savior, but rather as some divine Make A Wish Foundation.  She has reduced the Lordship of Christ and has fallen into heretical teachings.

I disagree with BrotherAiden about Secular TV being better than Paula White.  They are both bad for Orthodox Christians and should be avoided.  I think the Independent Fundamental Baptists have it right when they call the TV, "Hellivision."

At His Feet The Six-Winged Seraph, Cherubim, With Sleepless Eye, Veil Their Faces To His Presence As With Ceasless Voice They Cry:ÂÂ  Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!ÂÂ  Lord Most High! --From the Liturgy of St. James (Translated by Gerard Moultrie)
BrotherAidan
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

OC.net

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 10:57:18 AM »

Please do not get me wrong. I don't endorse heavy doses of secular television. And any exposure to it must be critical and discerning. Certainly the one who avoids televison altogether has chosen a wise path that can't be argued with.

I would not say all Orthodox ( or heretodox) Christians should never watch secular tv at all, but it is certainly nearing the point where that may become the ONLY responsible route.

All that having been said, my point to Denny was that at t least there is no outright Christian doctrinal heresy on secular tv - it is banal, and certainly caters to the passions and there are secular heresies touted on it daily, but not in the name of Christianity, not with the office of priest or minister or evangelist preaching it, not a supposedly godly indivdual feeding one's soul blatant heresy that could lead one straight into perdition - like so much of so-called Christian TV. In THAT sense, secular TV is less harmful.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 11:00:14 AM by BrotherAiden » Logged
Justionios

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 11:18:38 AM »

I would say they Greek frase tou you Denny , ou krinhs gia na mhn krithis. Wich mean don't juse so you won't be jused.
She propably does the best she can out of the information she has, at least she is not bothering any one, and she doesn't force people to obey here.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 11:19:18 AM by Justionios » Logged

ΧΑΙΡΕ ΑΝΟΡΘΡΩΣΕΙΣ ΤΩΝ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΩΝ , ΧΑΙΡΕ Κ
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: