OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 21, 2014, 10:18:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The ROCOR WRV does still exist, yes?  (Read 3161 times) Average Rating: 0
ICXCNIKA
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2014, 11:44:19 PM »

Am I the only one that thinks that the WR would do better if it was independent of Eastern Rite Churches?

Here is what I mean. Take 10 Eastern monks train them on the Western Rite and then ordain them bishops of a autonomous western rite church with instructions of allowing organic growth as long as them conform to EO theology.

Would you carve out a geographic location for them too or just give the stamp of approval for overlapping jurisdictions?

Personally, I don't foresee us getting rid of overlapping jurisdictions in the near future. I know that is what a lot of people are expecting with the Assemblies but I will believe when I see it. It may be that they are here to stay and I can accept that.
LBK
Moderated
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2014, 11:56:08 PM »

You want to be eastern be Orthodox, you want to be Latin be Catholic
This is why the WRO are misunderstood, because of ignorant statements like this.

Perhaps we're seeing here why e.g. there are no WRO in Greece.

Last time I checked, neither Antioch nor ROCOR have a jurisdictional presence on Greece.

I'm not sure if this was meant as a serious response or not, but you're right, neither Antioch nor ROCOR have a jurisdictional presence on Greece.

I won't speak for LBK, but I'm not sure if your questions/comments are serious to begin with.  

Well, that's really a very broad-based attack, so I'm not really sure what to say in defense of myself or my participation on this forum. But regardless, it truly amazes me that the lack of Western-Rite Orthodox in Greece would be explained (if that is in fact what LBK meant) in terms of the Antiochians and ROCOR not being present there.

Why would you expect Western Rite Orthodox in a country which is predominantly Eastern Orthodox?  It's like criticising the Vatican for not having a Syro-Malankara parish within its geographic bounds.  

Um, sure, it's like criticising the Vatican for not having a Syro-Malankara parish within its geographic bounds.
[/sarcasm]

Sorry couldn't resist. But unless I'm greatly misinformed, the number of Malankara Christians in Italy is, if not non-existent, certainly much smaller than the 100,000+ Western Catholics in Greece (assuming it matters whether your comparison makes sense or not Smiley).

The western Catholics in Greece are there because of the way history has panned out there. Franks, Venetians, Crusaders, and even the British have held sway in Greek islands and regions at various times over the past thousand years.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: