Author Topic: Church teaching must change on sexual morality, says German bishop  (Read 4997 times)

Online Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
Re: Church teaching must change on sexual morality, says German bishop
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2014, 02:35:56 PM »
Do you Orientals use the OT more in your liturgy?

I'm not sure what exactly you have in mind.  If we are speaking in terms of the lectionary, for example, then yes, the Orthodox use the Old Testament more than the Eastern Romans.  

Offline orthonorm

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2014, 02:46:22 PM »

I'm not sure what exactly you have in mind.  If we are speaking in terms of the lectionary, for example, then yes, the Orthodox use the Old Testament more than the Eastern Romans.  

I am talking about the Oriental Christians, let's take the Copts since that is the body you belong to, do they use more of the OT at let's say a typical Vespers / DL than you would find in the OCA.

I have no idea what people do in eastern Rome other than drink coffee and wine.

Online Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2014, 03:10:19 PM »

I am talking about the Oriental Christians, let's take the Copts since that is the body you belong to...

You're mistaken.  Perhaps that was intentional, though...I can't believe you are that inattentive.  :)

...do they use more of the OT at let's say a typical Vespers / DL than you would find in the OCA.

Copts don't really use the OT at the Divine Liturgy except for a few Psalm verses; in this, they are similar to the Byzantine rite.  I'm not sure if Copts read from it at a typical Vespers outside of Lent (though a typical Vespers will always include a reading from the Gospels). 

Armenians and Syrians make more use of the OT during the Divine Liturgy--anywhere from one to four OT readings every Sunday, in addition to those from the NT--but not during the canonical hours outside of Lent.     

Offline Cackles

• Elder
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2014, 08:55:19 AM »
Quote from: Cackles

Even in common law of the land.

No, it isn't.  ::)

Several states do, in fact, have anti-sodomy laws. Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma specifically ban sodomy for gay Americans, and Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Idaho, Louisiana, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina and Utah have criminal sodomy laws that apply to everyone.

And then there's many countries where its outlawed. This is because of the Bible. These were laws against husbands and wives. People saw it as a societal ill if people hisbands and wives took part in this.

Here you will find real legal code backed by scripture. This is how religious our countries used to be. Christians essentially had their own Shariah Law and courts before the US centralized power and became secular under idols like the statue of liberty and blind justice Idols. They couldnt have feared God that much to decorate the country with pagan Godesses. They should have remained with the Church and not centralized power.

http://www.claytoncramer.com/primary/other/NewHaven1656Sodomy.pdf
The above post is intended for discussion purposes and is comprised of my personal opinion.

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2014, 10:20:24 AM »
Quote from: Cackles

Even in common law of the land.

No, it isn't.  ::)

Several states do, in fact, have anti-sodomy laws. Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma specifically ban sodomy for gay Americans, and Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Idaho, Louisiana, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina and Utah have criminal sodomy laws that apply to everyone.

And then there's many countries where its outlawed. This is because of the Bible. These were laws against husbands and wives. People saw it as a societal ill if people hisbands and wives took part in this.

Here you will find real legal code backed by scripture. This is how religious our countries used to be. Christians essentially had their own Shariah Law and courts before the US centralized power and became secular under idols like the statue of liberty and blind justice Idols. They couldnt have feared God that much to decorate the country with pagan Godesses. They should have remained with the Church and not centralized power.

http://www.claytoncramer.com/primary/other/NewHaven1656Sodomy.pdf

No no no. The reason that they ban sodomy in the United States' South is because of their Calvinistic supremacism, and otherwise pseudo-Christian nationalism.

We did have our own Sharia courts in the US before, and they were horrendous. Resulted in the mass murder of Asian Americans, blacks and Native Americans as well as the anti-Catholic bigotry that persists in the United States until today.

The result of this 'Christian nationalism' is the modern day Crusade-jihad that the United States and the Western world is waging against Islam, the Orthodox Church and non-Zionist Jews all over the world.

Enforcing Biblical law is not the objective of the Church or of Christians. The objective of the Church is "to proclaim good news to the poor... to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor." (Luke 4, Isaiah 61)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 10:27:44 AM by xOrthodox4Christx »
I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2017, 10:37:54 PM »
Anynow, why take my word for it:
So we are supposed to take another idiot's word for it.

They contradict themselves, admitting St. John Chrysostom interpretation and then denying it predates 400, as if St. John invented it between then and his exile in 404.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth