OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 08:45:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Dialogue Between Moses and the God of Darwin  (Read 1749 times) Average Rating: 0
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« on: March 26, 2005, 12:23:35 AM »

I wrote this dialogue in order to personify the Creation vs. Evolution controversy:

God: Moses, This is the Lord, Your God.

Moses: Yes, Jehovah?

G: Remember that book that I revealed to you, the one where I explain the act of Creation?

M: Genesis

G: Right. Well, I think it's about time that I tell you the truth.

M: I thought you already told me the truth.

G: Well...I did...kind of. You see, in the 19th century, a British naturalist will discover a scientific theory which directly contradicts the doctrine of creation ex nihilo.

M: What a sad, sad man.

G: Yeeaaaah. Well...The truth is that I'm not as all powerful as you think I am. I was only able to create a single-celled organism and hope that anatamically modern humans would eventually evolve from it.

M: Well, I'm sorry that you're more impotent than omnipotent.

G: Don't get me wrong, Moses. I still am the one and only God. But the truth is that I gave you the Hexaemeron in order to sound cool.

M: You spoke and all plant life rapidly sprouted. You spoke and all the animals appeared. You formed Adam from the dust of the ground and Eve from his rib. But you're telling me that you made all that up just to sound cool?

G: Yes, my son. The divine origin of life is not that divine after all. Given enough time and the proper scientific laws, my creative work becomes unnecessary. An omniscent being, perhaps, would know every possible design plan and create all things from nothing but instead the evolutionary process through trial and error, through competition and extinction, from simple to complex, produced all the life we see.

M: Competition and extinction? But I thought it was the sin of Adam which brought death and suffering to the world.

G: Adam never existed. He is just an allegorical figure to help you understand the nature of sin.

M: Are you sure?

G: *Sigh* Perhaps I am. The father of all humanity is a bipedal ape. Genetics and peleontology will someday reveal this to you. Retroviral insertions will clearly show that I formed no man from the dust of the ground.

M: Well, this is all rather surprising...if not upsetting. What shall I tell the others?

G: Thou shalt not tell thy neighbor the truth!

M: Wait...So we cannot bare false witness but you can?

G: Moses, it is better for a mind ignorant of modern science to believe a lie than to know a scientific fact which he cannot understand.

M: When humans realize the truth, what then?

G: I will send forth Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson, pseudo-scientists and paranoid apologists. All this in order to keep the blissfully ignorant in their ignorance.

M: Well, that is good to know. Anything else, Lord?

G: Someday, it will also be revealed that not only is Genesis a myth but that not even you transcribed it. That's right. A group of Hebrew scribes collectively plagiarized a Babylonian oral tradition.

M: This is too much. I'm never talking to a burning bush again...

May peace be upon thee and with thy spirit.

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 08:56:34 PM »

I ordered Genesis, Creation and Early Man off the internet. I can't wait to read it!

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Sabbas
Drink from your own wells
High Elder

St. Glicherie True Orthodox Church of Romania

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 01:17:38 PM »

Please tell us what you think! It is really an amazing book that will blow you away. I would suggest reading Fr.Seraphims letter to Dr.Alexander Kalomiro's, which is Part Three, first and then Part Two, and then Part One however the Chapters in Part One are good reading at anytime and good to refer back to when wanting to know what the Fathers taught about Creation and certain lines in Genesis. It will seem redundant at times because some of the very same issues talked about by Father Seraphim in his letter to Kalomiros are rehashed and extrapolated on in other parts of the book, like Teilhard de Chardin's Antichristian philosophy. Perhaps one of the most interesting insights of the book is how Roman Catholicism already began paving the way, unknowingly, for the acceptance evolution in the Middle Ages particularly with Thomas Aquinas's comments about the incorruptibility of Adams body.
Enjoy the book!

www.hungersite.com  Ãƒâ€šÃ‚  www.freedonation.com you can donate up to 20 times at freedonation.  http://www.pomog.org/ has online 1851 Sir Lancelot C.L. Brenton English translation of Septuagint.http://www.cnrs.ubc.ca/greekbible/ Original Koine Septuagint and New Testament.
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 03:07:40 PM »

Thank you.

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: