OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 03:16:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for a Better Job  (Read 1247 times) Average Rating: 0
Jennifer
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« on: March 26, 2005, 12:01:06 AM »

I'm finally leaving my consulting job at the most dysfunctional office on the planet.  Seriously!  Turnover's about 70%.  Some girl quit after 4 days and we were joking around that she didn't even get the record of shortest tenure.  Shortest tenure went to the girl who didn't show up for her 2nd day.  The boss is insane.  A friend and I diagnosed her as having narcistic personality disorder.  He's a screamer.  It's a very abusive place.  Although thank God, he treats me pretty well.  But I get to suffer the torture of listening to other people being constantly screamed at and told they're stupid. 

So I'm finally going to be looking for a legal job.  Of course the economy sucks and I have weird credentials.  Law firms don't quite know what to make of me.  They keep telling me that I don't have enough experience.  How the heck can I get experience if I don't get a job! 

So could certainly use all the prayers I can get to find something that will allow me to pay off my HUGE student loans.  Preferably something where people don't scream and yell all of the time.  Smiley

Thanks!
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 12:37:33 AM »

I was in a similar situation for about 10 months several years ago. My boss would yell and even throw things (not AT me).  Finally one day I had it and got up in his face and he backed down and treated me right the rest of the time I was there. I stayed because he was actually a nice guy and was very generous and flexible, but that constant yelling really made me hate going to work.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 01:05:38 AM »

Prayers.

Of course I would need to consume at least 3 tecate's to open any considerations of hiring either of you.

Pokoj,
james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
drewmeister2
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Hellenic Orthodox Traditionalist Church of America

Christmas at St Markella's Cathedral, Astoria, NY

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 02:23:07 PM »

I will pray for you  Wink

Orthodoxia i Thanatos

IC    XC      ...and in ONE HOLY CATHOLIC
    +                   and APOSTOLIC CHURCH...
NI    KA

www.hotca.org | www.YouTube.com/GreekOrthodoxTV
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

"And you shall call his name Jesus..."

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 04:04:58 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.

Please, James, tell us more about women!
Jennifer
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 11:12:34 AM »

Update.  I found a better job.  I start bright monday actually.  Sounds like a good time to start a better job.  Meanwhile my crazy office is just as loony as ever but I don't care! 

Thanks for all your prayers.  I'm sure it helped.

Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 11:13:35 AM »

Congrats!  I know finding a new job after being in an oppressive place is one of the most wonderful feelings you can have.  Good luck!

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Jennifer
OC.net guru

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 11:23:43 AM »

Congrats! I know finding a new job after being in an oppressive place is one of the most wonderful feelings you can have. Good luck!

I told a friend that I feel like I've been released from prison. 

Jennifer - the parolee from an office "affectionately" known as "hellhole"
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: