OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 12:06:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 8  (Read 164 times) Average Rating: 0
converted viking

« on: February 22, 2014, 10:19:24 PM »

Ah server error seems to be the problem. Might need to uninstall and install Chrome again but I do need a new computer. And all I'll say is I am pro-Russia and will save the rest for the politics forum. I think this might even get moved by a moderator to them there parts if this does not stay pretty basic. Saying Putin might move in troops gets my heart burning with hope. Again, anything else I reserve for the politics section!

Well if you have to get a new computer it will be loaded with Micro $oft 8 unless it is an Apple Mac.   My wife finally had to to get a new laptop and she hates Windows 8 with a passion.  I won't go near it, mine is about 5 years old and runs Linux.  I wish you the best of luck in getting something you can tolerate.  OK I am off topic here so I am cutting it short and getting out of here and moving on.

Cheers:
Viking
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 10:21:24 PM by converted viking » Logged
katherine 2001
High Elder

Eastern Orthodox Church--Established in 33 A.D.

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 07:07:04 PM »

Ah server error seems to be the problem. Might need to uninstall and install Chrome again but I do need a new computer. And all I'll say is I am pro-Russia and will save the rest for the politics forum. I think this might even get moved by a moderator to them there parts if this does not stay pretty basic. Saying Putin might move in troops gets my heart burning with hope. Again, anything else I reserve for the politics section!

Well if you have to get a new computer it will be loaded with Micro $oft 8 unless it is an Apple Mac.   My wife finally had to to get a new laptop and she hates Windows 8 with a passion.  I won't go near it, mine is about 5 years old and runs Linux.  I wish you the best of luck in getting something you can tolerate.  OK I am off topic here so I am cutting it short and getting out of here and moving on.

Cheers:
Viking

I read about a month ago that people are requesting that Windows 7 be loaded on their computer and it is actually cheaper to get a computer with Windows 7 than Windows 8.  My last computer had Windows 7 on it and I liked it.  I don't think I'd like Windows 8.  I have to admit that I bought a new computer in April, but I bought an iMac and I like it a lot.  It's not as easy to buy games for it but I have found a site where they have a fairly good selection of games for Mac that you can download.
podkarpatska
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 09:29:54 PM »

Cheers:
Viking

I read about a month ago that people are requesting that Windows 7 be loaded on their computer and it is actually cheaper to get a computer with Windows 7 than Windows 8.  My last computer had Windows 7 on it and I liked it.  I don't think I'd like Windows 8.  I have to admit that I bought a new computer in April, but I bought an iMac and I like it a lot.  It's not as easy to buy games for it but I have found a site where they have a fairly good selection of games for Mac that you can download.

Once I unpinned all of the cluttered tiles on the 8.1 start page and learned to run programs as always off of a desktop , I got used to Windows 8.1 on my new desktop, but it took six months to get used to it. 
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 12:07:23 PM »

Cheers:
Viking

Once I unpinned all of the cluttered tiles on the 8.1 start page and learned to run programs as always off of a desktop , I got used to Windows 8.1 on my new desktop, but it took six months to get used to it. 

Oddly enough, Windows 8.1 which was supposed to lead to the nirvana of computing has cost Steve Ballmer (a.k.a. the chair chucker), ex-boss of Microsoft his job. So expect a new version of windows pretty soon. I for one, kind of like win 8 but the navigation is something I'll never get used to.

PP
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:08:26 PM by primuspilus » Logged

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 12:27:15 PM »

I am getting Windows 7 for my new computer.  It is cheaper than 8, though this could be Newegg/DIT vs Best Buy which only stocks Ocho.  The thing is, I would have paid more for 7.  Hey Microsoft, if I wanted a tablet I'd have bought one.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 03:05:00 PM »

I am getting Windows 7 for my new computer.  It is cheaper than 8, though this could be Newegg/DIT vs Best Buy which only stocks Ocho.  The thing is, I would have paid more for 7.  Hey Microsoft, if I wanted a tablet I'd have bought one.
7 is a better OS. If I had a choice, it'd be 7 Ultimate all the way.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: