OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 16, 2014, 03:22:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The writings of Nikolai Berdyaev  (Read 137 times) Average Rating: 0
DaveInCSA

Faith: Anglican with Orthodox leanings
Jurisdiction: Dixie

« on: February 24, 2014, 02:38:03 PM »

Just curious if anyone has read any Nikolai Berdyaev and how he is viewed (if he is at all) from Orthodoxy.

I'm currently reading The Destiny of Man.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 04:25:23 PM »

I have read a lot of him in online pages (and there's a lot to find), and some in books. I absolutely love him and find him very thought-provoking, far ahead of the other religious writers from the same background. As for the opinion of others, there seems to be a mix: some consider him ok, some consider him unorthodox and are wary of him, while others consider him dangerous and to be avoided. He had sharp disagreements with a few of the major figures that English-speaking Orthodox often look up to, such as Florovsky and Lossky, so I'm sure that doesn't help his rep.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: