OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 26, 2014, 01:24:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pascha Date  (Read 984 times) Average Rating: 0
paul2004
Paul
Elder

OC.net

« on: March 23, 2005, 10:58:52 AM »

I read that Indian and Finnish Churches are the only Orthodox Churches celebrating Pascha according to the Gregorian calendar. But in the following article, the Armenian Pascha is also according to Gregorian calendar. Is this only for the U.S.?

http://www.armenianchurch.org/news/index3.php?newsid=557&selmonth=3&selyear=2005

"St. Vartan Armenian Cathedral will observe Holy Week, March 20 through 27, with a series of special services, culminating in the Easter Sunday celebration on March 27, 2005."

Peace always

Paul
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 01:12:23 AM »

I know that in Jerusalem the Armenians celebrate Pascha (The Feast of The Holy Resurrection) on the old date, in other words on the same date as the Greeks.  Here in the U.S. the Church changed to celebrating it on the same date as the Catholics and Protestants.  I think that happened sometime in the 1920's.  I really do not know for sure which date it is presently celebrated in Armenia.

paul2004
Paul
Elder

OC.net

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 12:16:28 PM »

Dear Salpy, Don't worry about dates. We Indians are also with you, as well as Finnish Orthodox.  Our understanding is unity in faith, right? Higher stress on faith will allow to accomodate change in calendar etc.  We do not curse each other because of dates, rather accept based on faith.

-Paul
Tags: Pascha calendar Indian Orthodox Armenian Church diversity in practice 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: