Author Topic: Dealing with RC priest  (Read 6908 times)

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
Re: Dealing with RC priest
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2014, 03:23:05 PM »
The only argument you need to have is why on earth would someone recommend that book by that blogger? Verily I say unto you the priest should be embarassed to see you after that book recommendation.

The thing with the priest is really sorted out. No reasons to be negative
Learn meditation.

Offline Keelin

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2014, 02:01:38 AM »
Would you mind posting a few of the more grievous errors. I am Catholic and will be attending an Orthodox community this weekend. Being on that precipice between churches, I am interested.

I am always confident when a protestant approaches me with questions about Catholicism. Likewise, I like to think that Orthodox Christians have good reason to believe what they believe. Let's confidently expose those errors without being unkind to the author based on his appearance. Also, Catholics routinely teach in church that the Orthodox faith is the Eastern lung of the faith, which is different from what someone in here said, that Romans think they are the Church, singular.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2014, 02:04:26 AM »
Also, Catholics routinely teach in church that the Orthodox faith is the Eastern lung of the faith,

That's all very well, but Orthodoxy does not teach that Roman Catholicism is the "western lung" of the Faith.
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline Keelin

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2014, 03:39:46 AM »
Also, Catholics routinely teach in church that the Orthodox faith is the Eastern lung of the faith,

That's all very well, but Orthodoxy does not teach that Roman Catholicism is the "western lung" of the Faith.

Yes. That's true.

And it's not related the point of my post. The point is making sure, in confidence and faith, to represent the person you're in a dialogue with accurately, not insulting them as a person, through their appearance, or (in the case you're speaking of) misrepresenting what they believe, even if it differs with what we or you believe, or if they don't extend you the same courtesy.

*run on sentences for the win*