Author Topic: Traditional Catholics and Pope Francis.  (Read 5702 times)

Raylight

Traditional Catholics and Pope Francis.
« on: February 10, 2014, 10:10:21 AM »

I read several articles saying that Traditional Catholics are not in favor of Pope Francis, specially that he is too modern for them.

Traditional Catholics, What do you think of Pope Francis ? If you don't like him, why ? What type of Pope do you want us to have ?!?!

Peace.

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Re: Traditional Catholics and Pope Francis.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 10:26:40 AM »

I read several articles saying that Traditional Catholics are not in favor of Pope Francis, specially that he is too modern for them.

Traditional Catholics, What do you think of Pope Francis ? If you don't like him, why ? What type of Pope do you want us to have ?!?!

Peace.

Why isn't this question posted on Fisheaters?
I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

Raylight

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 10:31:10 AM »

Peace.

Why isn't this question posted on Fisheaters?

I remember visiting that website, it is Traditional Catholic website right ?

I believe we have a good amount of Traditional Catholics here, so it seemed to me okay to post here, btw, I posted on thsi section because I know this is an Orthodox forum, but this section is free for all :) So I felt free to post such question.

PS: I don't think Fisheaters will have me for more than a day  ;)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 10:33:00 AM by Raylight »

Offline Charles Martel

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 08:01:33 PM »
Traditional Catholics, What do you think of Pope Francis ?
Some believe that he is not even pope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmV8-TDjwKo
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 08:03:34 PM »
I remember visiting that website, it is Traditional Catholic website right ?

Not really.
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Raylight

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 08:07:28 PM »

That is why I never like Traditional Catholics, they think that our Orthodox and Protestants brothers and sisters are "heretics" which I will never accept. Orthodox and Protestants are Christians and are saved, the Church for me is not the reason I'm or I'm going to be saved, it is simply a way to practice my faith, not more or less than that.

The man on the video using images of Pope Francis meeting with Orthodox Bishops and Popes such as Coptic Pope, which the man trying to say that what the Pope did here is wrong and even heretic and makes his not a Pope.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:13:58 PM by Raylight »

Offline Maria

• Boldly Proclaiming True Orthodox Christianity
  • Toumarches
  • O most Holy Theotokos, save us.
    • Saint Euphrosynos Cafe Discussion Forum
  • Faith: TrueGenuine Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOC under Archbishop Stephanos
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 08:19:24 PM »

That is why I never like Traditional Catholics, they think that our Orthodox and Protestants brothers and sisters are "heretics" which I will never accept. Orthodox and Protestants are Christians and are saved, the Church for me is not the reason I'm or I'm going to be saved, it is simply a way to practice my faith, not more or less than that.

The man on the video using images of Pope Francis meeting with Orthodox Bishops and Popes such as Coptic Pope, which the man trying to say that what the Pope did here is wrong and even heretic and makes his not a Pope.

Isn't that video from http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com ?

^ Brother Diamond is sedevacantist.
The memory of God should be treasured in our hearts like the precious pearl mentioned in the Holy Gospel. Our life's goal should be to nurture and contemplate God always within, and never let it depart, for this steadfastness will drive demons away from us. - Paraphrased from St. Philotheus of Sinai
Writings from the Philokalia: On Prayer of the Heart,
Translated from the Russian by E. Kadloubovksy and G.E.H. Palmer, Faber and Faber, London, Boston, 1992 printing.

Raylight

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 08:25:23 PM »
I finished watching the video, I'm speechless, really speechless, the dude wants us to back to the dark ages.

Offline Maria

• Toumarches
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 08:26:28 PM »
I finished watching the video, I'm speechless, really speechless, the dude wants us to back to the dark ages.

Is that dude Brother Diamond?

I did not watch the video, but I did notice Holy Family Monastery's link there.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:27:29 PM by Maria »
The memory of God should be treasured in our hearts like the precious pearl mentioned in the Holy Gospel. Our life's goal should be to nurture and contemplate God always within, and never let it depart, for this steadfastness will drive demons away from us. - Paraphrased from St. Philotheus of Sinai
Translated from the Russian by E. Kadloubovksy and G.E.H. Palmer, Faber and Faber, London, Boston, 1992 printing.

Raylight

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 08:28:49 PM »

Yes he is, because in the beginning of the video states " Bro. Peter Dimond ".

Offline Maria

• Toumarches
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 08:31:44 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Once I sent him an email because he had made a bad typo, and I felt sorry for him.
You should have seen the letter he sent me. Oh, so bad.
Never again.

Raylight

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 08:34:33 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Once I sent him an email because he had made a bad typo, and I felt sorry for him.
Never again.

He sounds sad too, poor you, I can't imagine how awful the letter was  :D

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 08:38:52 PM »
think that our Orthodox and Protestants brothers and sisters are "heretics"
Orthodox are not  "heretics", offically they are in schism with the Church on a few fundamental issues. Protestants reject the Church altogether and are obstinate in their denial of truth of divine Catholic teaching, therefore they are guilty of heresy.

He said a lot more than that. He brings up some interesting points but it's not that simple. He's is also Sedevacantist so he's coming from their prespective.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 08:42:42 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Never again.
You corresponded with Bro- Dimond? Now that should be interesting.....do tell.

What do you mean "bad", was his letter offensive? Or just full of typos? ;D

Raylight

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 08:47:34 PM »
Orthodox are not  "heretics", offically they are in schism with the Church on a few fundamental issues. Protestants reject the Church altogether and are obstinate in their denial of truth of divine Catholic teaching, therefore they are guilty of heresy.

He said a lot more than that. He brings up some interesting points but it's not that simple. He's is also Sedevacantist so he's coming from their prespective.

I don't believe that Protestants are heretics, why should I call them heretics ? Just because they don't submit to the Church ? So what, they submit to God himself, and believes in the same Christ and preach the Gospel. Just because they don't submit to Rome, then they are going to Hell ?! Nope, this is not the way I look at things. The way I look at things are like this..

Do they believe in God ( The Father, Son and Holy Spirit ) ? Yes.

Do they believe in Jesus Christ and his work on the cross and his virgin birth ? Yes.

Do they believe in the Bible ( Old and New Testament ) ? Yes.

Do they believe that Jesus Christ is the way and truth ? Yes.

Do they believe in Heaven, Hell, Soul, Afterlife and Judgment Day ? Yes.

Then they are not heretics, they are simply Christians, Brothers and sisters to me in Christ.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:49:23 PM by Raylight »

Offline Maria

• Toumarches
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 09:02:26 PM »
Orthodox are not  "heretics", offically they are in schism with the Church on a few fundamental issues. Protestants reject the Church altogether and are obstinate in their denial of truth of divine Catholic teaching, therefore they are guilty of heresy.

I don't believe that Protestants are heretics, why should I call them heretics ? Just because they don't submit to the Church ? So what, they submit to God himself, and believes in the same Christ and preach the Gospel. Just because they don't submit to Rome, then they are going to Hell ?! Nope, this is not the way I look at things. The way I look at things are like this..

Do they believe in Jesus Christ and his work on the cross and his virgin birth ? Yes.

Then they are not heretics, they are simply Christians, Brothers and sisters to me in Christ.

Not all Protestants believe the above.

Some Protestants believe in universalism (that there will be no hell in the afterlife). This is a heresy.
Some Protestants believe that Christ became God at His Baptism. This is a form of Arianism, which is a heresy.
Oneness Pentecostals do not believe in the Trinity.
Certain MJ Protestants do not believe that Christ is God, just their Messiah. They also reject the Trinity.
Not all Protestants believe that Christ was born of a Virgin, especially those who are Neo-Arian heretics.

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 09:05:53 PM »
As a kind of Traditional Catholic, I will address the OP.

I actually like Pope Francis quite a bit, in as far as he pushes for the protection of the weakest in society and strives to be an example of how to live the Christian life. I also very much like the idea that he is working to reform the church, especially as regards the child abuse problem. Additionally, I am very pleased with the fact that he wants to decentralize authority a bit.

My problems with his Holiness are as follows.
1. He is not really continuing the work that Pope Benedict began with regard to restoring traditional liturgy. In fact, it some ways, it seems that His Holiness is contributing to the problem. I say "seems" because I cannot ultimately judge the situation.
2. He needs to be much more careful in the way he crafts his "off the cuff" statements. When he is not careful, his words can be twisted to nefarious ends by the media. Perhaps it's because he's not a theologian or philosopher like his two immediate predecessors. However, regardless of the pass we give him for this very reason, Pope Francis still needs to be more careful.
"For, by its immensity, the divine substance surpasses every form that our intellect reaches. Thus we are unable to apprehend it by knowing what it is. Yet we are able to have some knowledge of it by knowing what it is not." - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa contra gentiles, I, 14.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 09:10:10 PM »

Some Protestants believe in universalism (that there will be no hell in the afterlife). This is a heresy.
Some Protestants believe that Christ became God at His Baptism. This is a form of Arianism, which is a heresy.
Certain MJ Protestants do not believe that Christ is God, just their Messiah. They also reject the Trinity.
Not all Protestants believe that Christ was born of a Virgin, especially those who are Neo-Arian heretics.

Adoptionism.

What's an MJ Protestant?

This guy?

I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

Raylight

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 09:14:35 PM »

I would call them "Lost people". But I don't like using the term "heretic" or "heresy", even though I used it before, but that time I had different understanding, but now the term "heretic" is very very bad term to use, because it has very bad history, because of the term "heretic", many people were killed, burned alive, even many innocent people were killed using that term "heretic".

Offline Maria

• Toumarches
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 09:16:15 PM »

Adoptionism.

What's an MJ Protestant?

This guy?

Lord have mercy. Are there really such people in existence?

MJ stands for Messianic Judaism.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:16:42 PM by Maria »

Offline WPM

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Moscow,Russia.
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 10:10:50 PM »
I guess Pope Francis is "ok" ... He has a much larger audience than we do here on the internet.
The first five books of the To-Rah.

Offline yeshuaisiam

• Protokentarchos
  • A pulling horse cannot kick.
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 11:54:15 PM »

And for over 800 years of "traditional Catholics", they tortured, burned, maimed, put people on the breaking wheel, drowned, staked, racked, and beat (etc.) Christians who proclaimed Jesus Christ as their savior and their faith in God - who did not submit to the Roman Antichrist.  Didn't they anathematize themselves via their own canon?  This includes the Catholic crusades.  All of this the Pope knew about and approved.   http://www.homecomers.org/mirror/martyrs042.htm
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:54:51 PM by yeshuaisiam »
I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com

Offline Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2014, 12:08:42 AM »

And for over 800 years of "traditional Catholics", they tortured, burned, maimed, put people on the breaking wheel, drowned, staked, racked, and beat (etc.) Christians who proclaimed Jesus Christ as their savior and their faith in God - who did not submit to the Roman Antichrist.  Didn't they anathematize themselves via their own canon?  This includes the Catholic crusades.  All of this the Pope knew about and approved.   http://www.homecomers.org/mirror/martyrs042.htm
::)   ::)  ::)   ::)   ::)   ::)
"For, by its immensity, the divine substance surpasses every form that our intellect reaches. Thus we are unable to apprehend it by knowing what it is. Yet we are able to have some knowledge of it by knowing what it is not." - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa contra gentiles, I, 14.

Offline Space Cadet

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 12:29:59 AM »
Maria, raylight, charles, all

The Church of MHFM has been around since rhe 90s. Theres two of them as "monks" with one "sister" who runs their webstore. I welcome everyone to email them at mhfm1@aolDotcom. Everyone on this board is a schismatic and outside the Church of Christ(rcc) andvso are hell bound. You all deny dogmas devotions and councils and doctrine and the divine instituion of the papacy who when not obeyed puts you in hellbound state. There is no possibility to be saved if you merely wish to have baptism and not have the actual rite performed with water and the trinity in name. Baptism of Desire and baptism of Blood do not exist. They want everyone to pray the 150 marian psalter (rosary). They dont want you to pay tithes to even traditional latin priests with "valid" holy orders under pain of mortal sin. They hate vatican two and all popes bishops priests and faithful to come after said council. The orthodox have "valid" apostolic holy orders but are heretic and schismatic and are outside the church over thebpapacy thing. The eastern catholics have "valid" holy orders are ok but cannot be paid in the collection basket. They are heretical because they the eastern catholics accept vatican two the modern hierachy and pope francis. Pope francis is not a valid priest bishop nor pope because he was ordained after the new rites for holy orders of 1968.

The sspx cmri sspv fr cekada are heretical because they accept baptism of water and baptism of blood are hellbound even though the Church of mHFM faithful are permitted to accept their holy eucharists. Cannot accept the sacrament of confirmation because that would put their faithful in sin because those heretical priests will teach errors. Its therefore wise to be "home alone" on sundays.

They claim to be benedictine monks under the Rule of st benedict of nursia. They never went through a noviatiate nor ever went to 4 year university. They go on sundays to eastern catholic divine liturgy in normal clothes. Their monastery are mobile homes out in the sticks of new york state.

Pope saint pius x tauht error. His catechism is wrong. Council of trent catechism is wrong. The code of canon law of 1917 is wrong. Pope john paul two is the antichrist of the book of apocalyspe and poep benedict xvi is the false prophet. The last known pope died on october nine 1958. Even thing after are antipopes during these last days known as the " Great Apostasy".

If you call them up your call will be recorded. If you email them toubwill reach brother peter dimond on his smartphone enabled email account.

They stole 1.5$million from a duped convert and went to federal court over it an won the right to keep the mans inherited donation he made to brothers michael and peter dimonds Most Holy Family Monastery.

Their website is the number one traditionalist catholic website on the internet.

To finish, heres saint benedicts Rule on the 4 types of monks. The "benedictine" "monks" of the cult of mhfm are known as Sarabaites.

6Third, there are the sarabaites, the most detestable kind of monks, who with no experience to guide them, no rule to try them as gold is tried in a furnace (Prov 27:21), have a character as soft as lead. 7 Still loyal to the world by their actions, they clearly lie to God by their tonsure. 8Two or three together, or even alone, without a shepherd, they pen themselves up in their own sheepfolds, not the Lord's. Their law is what they like to do, whatever strikes their fancy. 9Anything they believe in and choose, they call holy; anything they dislike, they consider forbidden.

Not sure right now but i think i covered everything that i know from interaction with them.

Offline yeshuaisiam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 12:43:39 AM »

The book Martyr's Mirror should be on EVERY Roman Catholic's book shelf.... If they read it, they wouldn't be Roman Catholics for long.  Especially if they researched the sources of the stories of this book compiled from writings in the 1600's (writings from earlier).    The sources often include the town, where the records of executions in the towns are kept, and the signing witnesses and/or secretaries.

If any RC believes that hanging a young lady by her right thumb while a weight is attached to her left foot while she is naked and being flogged is "the work of God" - or is "appropriate" - or does not "make every clergy & knowing bishop anathematized", there is nothing, and I mean nothing more that can be said.  It's what the RC church did, and there is nothing that can change it.  All in the name to get her to convert to the papist antichrist.

I have enough beef on here with the EO on several traditional liturgical practices - etc., but I have 100 times more with the RC church.  The audacity to claim others as heretical by the RC church is the pinnacle of what I'd call hypocrisy.  

The RC church's heresies run so deep in in comparison to the scriptures, that OC.net would have to upgrade their bandwidth and storage capacity to even list them.   This is why they hated and persecuted Tyndale for translating the bible.

Offline Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 12:57:25 AM »

The book Martyr's Mirror should be on EVERY Roman Catholic's book shelf.... If they read it, they wouldn't be Roman Catholics for long.  Especially if they researched the sources of the stories of this book compiled from writings in the 1600's (writings from earlier).    The sources often include the town, where the records of executions in the towns are kept, and the signing witnesses and/or secretaries.

If any RC believes that hanging a young lady by her right thumb while a weight is attached to her left foot while she is naked and being flogged is "the work of God" - or is "appropriate" - or does not "make every clergy & knowing bishop anathematized", there is nothing, and I mean nothing more that can be said.  It's what the RC church did, and there is nothing that can change it.  All in the name to get her to convert to the papist antichrist.
I am a traditionalist Catholic, and I don't believe that torture or murder is appropriate. But let's be realistic, Christians of every stripe, and people of every faith, or lack thereof, have done evil things. So try again buddy.
I have enough beef on here with the EO on several traditional liturgical practices - etc., but I have 100 times more with the RC church.  The audacity to claim others as heretical by the RC church is the pinnacle of what I'd call hypocrisy.
Emotional breakdowns don't qualify as good arguments.
The RC church's heresies run so deep in in comparison to the scriptures, that OC.net would have to upgrade their bandwidth and storage capacity to even list them. This is why they hated and persecuted Tyndale for translating the bible.
Seriously dude? Not enough bandwidth?  ::)

Offline Theophania

• Ecumenical Dissipation Association *OF* America
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2014, 06:25:04 PM »
All in the name to get her to convert to the papist antichrist.

Nice.  ::)
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Offline stanley123

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2014, 06:50:28 PM »
  This is why they hated and persecuted Tyndale for translating the bible.
Can you clarify as to what year Tyndale was executed and who actually executed him? I have read different reports on this. For example, some claim it was the Church of England under Henry VIII, which had already separated from Rome, which was responsible for the execution. I thought it was in 1536 that he was executed and that this was several years after Henry VIII was excommunicated from the RCC? So wouldn't this mean that the RCC was not responsible for his execution? Can you please explain your reasoning on this and why you blame the RCC for something that a different Church has done, according to some reports?

Offline stanley123

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2014, 06:55:13 PM »

If Pope Francis is not the pope, according to your traditional Catholic friends, then would that mean that the Holy Spirit has abandoned the Roman Catholic Church and it has defected from the truth? A logical consequence is that  the RCC is not be indefectible after all, so what is the point of being a Traditional Catholic if your Church has defected from the truth and has no pope?

Offline stanley123

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2014, 06:59:58 PM »

The RC church's heresies run so deep in in comparison to the scriptures, that OC.net would have to upgrade their bandwidth and storage capacity to even list them.   This is why they hated and persecuted Tyndale for translating the bible.
I know that they burned people at the stake for heresy, but I did not know about hanging naked women from the right thumb and beating them to death as they were hanging. Can you tell us the name of this person or persons and when and where this took place. Were there corroborating witnesses? Why did they hang her naked from the thumb and beat her to death?

Offline yeshuaisiam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2014, 09:58:08 PM »

I am a traditionalist Catholic, and I don't believe that torture or murder is appropriate. But let's be realistic, Christians of every stripe, and people of every faith, or lack thereof, have done evil things. So try again buddy.
Emotional breakdowns don't qualify as good arguments.
The RC church's heresies run so deep in in comparison to the scriptures, that OC.net would have to upgrade their bandwidth and storage capacity to even list them. This is why they hated and persecuted Tyndale for translating the bible.
Seriously dude? Not enough bandwidth?  ::)

Not enough. :)

The issue with your argument is not every Christian faith martyred other Christians, nor killed others knowingly for 800 years.  Neither did they start full blown wars that cost the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.  Neither did they go into pagan temples that resemble the pantheon.  Neither do they have a obelisk in the center of a solar wheel in the courtyard (as the vatican does).   Neither do they have statues that are venerated in the vatican, that use to be a statue of the sun "god" Apollo, but converted to be St. Peter.   Neither do they put their communion host in a sun disk with a crescent moon.  Neither does their "vicar of Christ" wear a hat from the fish God priests (from Dagon worship).

Nor does every Christian faith abolish the Sabbath's day of rest.   Nor does every Christian faith have the blood of other Christians from torture on their hands.  Nor does every Christian faith make their priests celibate when the scriptures clearly permit even Bishops to be married.   Nor does every Christian allow a priest to be a mediator between God & Man (they allow Christ as the scriptures tell them).   Nor does every Christian ask Mary to pray for them ("woman why does this concern you"). 

So if you choose to follow a theology guilty of the torture of countless women, children, there is nothing that can be said.  Your religious leaders knowingly did this to people.  They also kept the word of God from people.  You just go on and read about the martyr's killed and you will not believe the monstrous institution the Roman Catholic church is.   Watch as priest's are authorized to get townsfolks slashed with knives until they die, and set teen girls on fire (Oh wait they were merciful to some and strangled them at the stake while being burned to hasten death).

The audacity of the Roman Catholic church to even act as they are the "one true church" is incredible.  Yeah, the one true church that strips and rapes Christian women while slitting their throats.   

This is what makes the EO church and ecumenism amaze me.  I can't believe anybody would want to unite with such a church that for 800 years tortured and executed men, women, and children...  A church that has a history of denying the word of God to Christians so they could pillage them blind.  This breaks every canon of the Holy Apostles that they claim to have established.  By their own canon they are Anathema.

So have some golden indulgences, blood of martyrs, and some pagan sun worship - and keep thinking it's a lame argument.

Offline Nephi

• Protokentarchos
  • A non-Chalcedonian in Chalcedonian clothing.
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2014, 11:19:43 PM »
YIM's posts remind me of the crusade-banging anti-Catholics who conveniently ignore the crusaders being largely outnumbered by pacifist Third Order Franciscans in Europe that believed prayer and dialogue were the key to peace in the Holy Land. But hey, whatever makes Rome look evil and Anabaptists look like overall-wearing Apostles, right?

Raylight

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2014, 11:29:30 PM »
YIM's posts remind me of the crusade-banging anti-Catholics who conveniently ignore the crusaders being largely outnumbered by pacifist Third Order Franciscans in Europe that believed prayer and dialogue were the key to peace in the Holy Land. But hey, whatever makes Rome look evil and Anabaptists look like overall-wearing Apostles, right?

The crimes the Catholic Church committed against humanity is undeniable. Yes, there are great Catholic orders such as Jesuits and Franciscans which I like them so much, are good people and worked to reform the Church. But still, that doesn't deny what the Church did against humanity.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • I am the Provisional Supreme Church Authority
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2014, 11:38:56 PM »
This is what makes the EO church and ecumenism amaze me.  I can't believe anybody would want to unite with such a church that for 800 years tortured and executed men, women, and children...  A church that has a history of denying the word of God to Christians so they could pillage them blind.  This breaks every canon of the Holy Apostles that they claim to have established.  By their own canon they are Anathema.

What I can't believe is how Jesus died for them anyway.  It's crazy, because people think he's God, but if he was God, he would've known it wasn't worth it to waste his blood on such horrible people.  How stupid he is.   
OC.NET is full of temptations, but in temptations we are enforced, remember about the thread "Temptation in the Desert: Rachel Weisz and the Undoing of Mor Ephrem". OC.NET helps in becoming unpassionate.

Oh you Greeks, you are all dumb!

An Athonite

Offline Maria

• Toumarches
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2014, 12:10:23 AM »

What I can't believe is how Jesus died for them anyway.  It's crazy, because people think he's God, but if he was God, he would've known it wasn't worth it to waste his blood on such horrible people.  How stupid he is.   

Sarcasm does not become you, Mor.  :'(

Christ gave us the gift of free will knowing that we sinners would repeatedly reject Him.
Lord have mercy.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • I am the Provisional Supreme Church Authority
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2014, 12:56:09 AM »
Sarcasm does not become you, Mor.  :'(

It was the only appropriate response to the nonsense YiM posted.  Everything he wrote is antithetical to the gospel.  He makes a mockery of the death of Christ. 
OC.NET is full of temptations, but in temptations we are enforced, remember about the thread "Temptation in the Desert: Rachel Weisz and the Undoing of Mor Ephrem". OC.NET helps in becoming unpassionate.

Oh you Greeks, you are all dumb!

An Athonite

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2014, 08:41:01 PM »
MJ stands for Messianic Judaism.[/quote] There is no Messianic "Judaism". There's not even "Judeo-Christianity".

There's Judaism or Christianity..

You can't follow  or belong to both.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2014, 08:44:55 PM »

If Pope Francis is not the pope, according to your traditional Catholic friends, then would that mean that the Holy Spirit has abandoned the Roman Catholic Church and it has defected from the truth? A logical consequence is that  the RCC is not be indefectible after all, so what is the point of being a Traditional Catholic if your Church has defected from the truth and has no pope?
Notice I said "some" stanley. Not my friends.

That doesn't necessarily include myself, try to follow along.

Having said that, there has been antipopes in the past.

Offline Maria

• Toumarches
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2014, 08:53:46 PM »

Yes, wasn't there a time when three men claimed to be the pope? Dark times?

Have their been any anti-Patriarchs?

• Taxiarches
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2014, 09:13:48 PM »

Yes, wasn't there a time when three men claimed to be the pope? Dark times?

In the Great Western Schism there were many Popes.

Anti-Patriarchs? lol Well, the Chalcedonian, and non-Chalcedonian Patriarchate battles after the council of Chalcedon.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2014, 09:28:41 PM »

The most prominent case would be the division in the Church of Antioch in the 4th century, with some orthodox supporting St. Meletius and other orthodox supporting Paulinus. The problems went on for decades, despite the attempts of saints like Athanasius, Basil, and Gregory Nazianzus to mediate and help resolve things.
"when Mme. Vauquer lay down to rest on the day of M. Goriot's installation, her heart, like a larded partridge, sweltered before the fire of a burning desire to shake off the shroud of Vauquer and rise again as Goriot." - Balzac

Offline Auryn

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2014, 02:56:46 AM »
I was until recently a traditional catholic.  I don't like him at all.  He's a modernist ecumaniac who encourages muslims to keep being muslims, says the koran doesn't encourage violence, insults people who offer up rosaries for him or who like the traditional latin mass and started a witch hunt against an franciscan order that liked the traditional latin mass.  I could go on and on about all the boneheaded stuff he's said in his short time as Pope. 
If there is prayer, the soul lives; without prayer, there is no spiritual life. + St. Theophan the Recluse +

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2014, 06:18:38 AM »
The audacity of the Roman Catholic church to even act as they are the "one true church" is incredible.  Yeah, the one true church that strips and rapes Christian women while slitting their throats. 
I just read this post and it's one of the most ridiculous anti-RC rhetoric I have read yet  on this forum yet. I just want to know, where in the hell do you get your information from?

You have the audacity to accuse the Church of not only raping people but "slitting" their throats as well.

Something is really wrong with your thinking, I'm beginning to wonder if being an Anabaptist contributes to mental illness in some way.
 Given your aggressive past, your intention to question the mental health of a poster crossed a line into ad hominem, and I am giving you a 60-day warning.  It is unnecessary to denigrate someone's mental health for any reason whatsoever, whether it be because of a different church, religion, or a strange or erroneous argument.

God bless.

Mina

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2014, 06:22:32 AM »
Yes, wasn't there a time when three men claimed to be the pope?
People can claim whatever they want. There is only one true pope at a time (even now), the rest are antipopes and posers.

Dark times?

We're in them now as well.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2014, 06:26:20 AM »
I was until recently a traditional catholic.  I don't like him at all.  He's a modernist ecumaniac who encourages muslims to keep being muslims, says the koran doesn't encourage violence, insults people who offer up rosaries for him or who like the traditional latin mass and started a witch hunt against an franciscan order that liked the traditional latin mass.  I could go on and on about all the boneheaded stuff he's said in his short time as Pope. 
His sucking up to anti-Christ Talmudists is far more offensive than anything he does to encourage Islam.

At least I haven't seen him kiss a koran.......yet.