OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 03:41:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Apostolic Visit of H.H Moran Mor Ignatius Zaka Iwas to India  (Read 1780 times) Average Rating: 0
Thomas Daniel (Reji)
Chevalier
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Malankara Archdiocese of Syriac Orthodox Church

Proud to say belongs to Syriac Orthodox Church

« on: March 14, 2005, 02:43:08 AM »

The Apostolic Visit of H.H Moran Mor Ignatius Zaka Iwas to India is available online. The link can be accessed from the below specified site. It is an hour and 10 min video clip.

http://www.malayalamtelevision.net/

The narration and most of the speeches are Malayalam (Language of State of Kerala)

Also please visit the web site for the 3rd Apostolic visit of His Holiness the Patriarch of Antioch & All the East to INDIA http://apostolicvisit.cjb.net/

Oh.. Morth Mariam Yoldath Aloho (Mother Of God)Pray For Us
paul2004
Paul
Elder

OC.net

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 12:02:24 AM »

I saw this video even before the link was posted here. The site malayalamtelevision is founded (owned?) by an Indian Orthodox person, perhaps the editor is from Jacobite faction. I see a contracition in the video. According to head of the Jacobite church it was the desire of H.H. Zakka 1 to begin the celebration of ordination anniversary with Jacobite faction, but a Jacobite Metropolitan says in the same video that the visit was a result of Jacobite faction constantly compelling the the primate of SOC. Which account is true?

-Paul
dhinuus
Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 04:56:17 PM »

Dear Paul,

I don’t see any contradiction here.

As the Catholicose H.B Thomas I says, H.H Zakka I had a desire to come to India and start the celebration of enthronement anniversary with the faithful in Malankara. The synod of the Malankara Syriac Orthodox (Jacobite) church was also inviting (the word you have translated as compelling also means inviting) H.H to visit Malankara.

So there was a desire for the spiritual father to visit his children, and a strong desire for the children to join their spiritual father for the celebrations.

In Christ,
Mathew G M

I saw this video even before the link was posted here. The site malayalamtelevision is founded (owned?) by an Indian Orthodox person, perhaps the editor is from Jacobite faction. I see a contracition in the video. According to head of the Jacobite church it was the desire of H.H. Zakka 1 to begin the celebration of ordination anniversary with Jacobite faction, but a Jacobite Metropolitan says in the same video that the visit was a result of Jacobite faction constantly compelling the the primate of SOC. Which account is true?

-Paul

NULL
Tags: Syriac Orthodox 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: