Author Topic: Olympic satanizm. ANATHEMA to Olympics?  (Read 20001 times)

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
Re: Olympic satanizm. ANATHEMA to Olympics?
« Reply #225 on: February 08, 2014, 09:09:12 AM »
If he bishop - he need to pronounce anathema to this satanic event.

Because you say so?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 09:09:20 AM by Cyrillic »

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
  • Keep your mind in hell and do not despair
« Reply #226 on: February 08, 2014, 09:16:53 AM »
our country ( political patriotism  ....)

This is ridiculous. It is their country, what else should he say?

No, it is not.

Then what else should they say?

Monk have no "country". If he bishop - he need to pronounce anathema to this satanic event.

That is a ridiculous statement. Many saints were patriots of their native country.
Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite

Offline Alive

• High Elder
« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2014, 09:17:29 AM »
http://www.johnsanidopoulos.com/2014/02/the-church-and-olympic-games.html

3. As mentioned above, the modern Olympic Games have lost their original purpose. ( Coubertin have special idea(Modern Olympic Game ideology) - and it is WORKING!!!! and what we see today and SATANIC FESTIVAL !!!)

Today, the Olympic Games have been divorced from religion and culture and have been linked to a sterile humanism and to commercial enterprises. ( Humanism - is religion, and every enterprises have commercial part, even trip of patriarch . Olympic Ideology - is religion. )

Church, which has a dynamism, life, has the potential to transform and alter everything and to bring sports back to their true purpose. (??? bring sport back to WHAT purpose ???)

To be a unifying event that can bring together people of different cultures and creeds in a friendly atmosphere of competition?

1. To unify people - is Holly Spirit Job, not Olympic Spirit and satanic pray
2. Friendly war.... and lot of sex after war..... War in day time and orgy by night ...

Olympic game : 5000 athletes come for single reason each : make career do job - win gold. Most of them meet each other 10, 20, 30 100 times before....
Free food and condoms .... do math.

read what holly people say : Do not be the same idolaters, as some of them, it is written, "This people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play" Do not let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them tempted, and perished by the serpents. 1 Cor 10

Offline Alive

• High Elder
« Reply #228 on: February 08, 2014, 09:18:49 AM »

No, it is not.

Monk have no "country". If he bishop - he need to pronounce anathema to this satanic event.

That is a ridiculous statement. Many saints were patriots of their native country.

Patriotism = paganism.
Monk have only one country - Kingdom of Heaven. 

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
« Reply #229 on: February 08, 2014, 09:22:24 AM »
http://www.johnsanidopoulos.com/2014/02/the-church-and-olympic-games.html

3. As mentioned above, the modern Olympic Games have lost their original purpose. ( Coubertin have special idea(Modern Olympic Game ideology) - and it is WORKING!!!! and what we see today and SATANIC FESTIVAL !!!)

Today, the Olympic Games have been divorced from religion and culture and have been linked to a sterile humanism and to commercial enterprises. ( Humanism - is religion, and every enterprises have commercial part, even trip of patriarch . Olympic Ideology - is religion. )

Church, which has a dynamism, life, has the potential to transform and alter everything and to bring sports back to their true purpose. (??? bring sport back to WHAT purpose ???)

To be a unifying event that can bring together people of different cultures and creeds in a friendly atmosphere of competition?

1. To unify people - is Holly Spirit Job, not Olympic Spirit and satanic pray
2. Friendly war.... and lot of sex after war..... War in day time and orgy by night ...

Olympic game : 5000 athletes come for single reason each : make career do job - win gold. Most of them meet each other 10, 20, 30 100 times before....

read what holly people say : Do not be the same idolaters, as some of them, it is written, "This people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play" Do not let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them tempted, and perished by the serpents. 1 Cor 10

Firstly, to claim that all athletes who compete in the Olympics are simoultaneously having a giant collective orgy is irrational speculation, unfair judgement of a huge group of people and besides that just plain stupid.

Secondly, weren't these negative aspects of the Olympics exactly what his eminence said the Church should work on changing?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 09:22:37 AM by Ansgar »
Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • Race: Human. Culture: Yes.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #230 on: February 08, 2014, 09:22:57 AM »
We could go back to what the Olympics were really like. Five days, nine events, and only Greek men competing starkers. No outfit sponsorships, but hey, the broadcasts would be totally worth it. ;D
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
« Reply #231 on: February 08, 2014, 09:24:14 AM »

No, it is not.

Patriotism = paganism.

Patriotism is only idolatry if you put your country above God. Various monastic saints were devoted to their country and cultutre without compromising their faith.

-St Silouan the athonite

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #232 on: February 08, 2014, 09:29:02 AM »

What about the free food?

Offline Alive

• High Elder
« Reply #233 on: February 08, 2014, 09:36:03 AM »

No, it is not.

Patriotism = paganism.

Patriotism is only idolatry if you put your country above God. Various monastic saints were devoted to their country and cultutre without compromising their faith.

Sophistic.

Patriotism is idolatry.

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
« Reply #234 on: February 08, 2014, 09:42:10 AM »

No, it is not.

Patriotism = paganism.

Sophistic.

Patriotism is idolatry.

I made an argument. If you want to convince me that I am wrong, then go and address the points I made in my post. Simply repeating the same statement isn't going to convince anybody.

-St Silouan the athonite

Offline Alive

• High Elder
« Reply #235 on: February 08, 2014, 10:49:50 AM »

No, it is not.

Patriotism = paganism.

Sophistic.

Patriotism is idolatry.

I made an argument. If you want to convince me that I am wrong, then go and address the points I made in my post. Simply repeating the same statement isn't going to convince anybody.

Monk - have not country is not?
Monk DIE for this world , is not?

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
« Reply #236 on: February 08, 2014, 10:58:56 AM »

No, it is not.

Patriotism = paganism.

Sophistic.

Patriotism is idolatry.

Monks die to the world, that's true, but that hasn't hindered many monastic saints from loving their country. And then there is this:
     “The world is the general name for all the passions. When we wish to call the passions by a common name, we call them the world. But when we wish to distinguish them by their special names, we call them the passions. The passions are the following: love of riches, desire for possessions, bodily pleasure from which comes sexual passion, love of honour which gives rise to envy, lust for power, arrogance and pride of position, the craving to adorn oneself with luxurious clothes and vain ornaments, the itch for human glory which is a source of rancour and resentment, and physical fear. Where these passions cease to be active, there the world is dead; for though living in the flesh, they did not live for the flesh. See for which of these passions you are alive. Then you will know how far you are alive to the world, and how far you are dead to it”

‑ St. Isaac the Syrian

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 11:01:24 AM by Ansgar »

-St Silouan the athonite

Offline Jetavan

• Argumentum ad australopithecum
  • Taxiarches
  • Tenzin and Desmond
    • The Mystical Theology
« Reply #237 on: February 08, 2014, 12:36:31 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeZyaMn9YAE

it is clear idol worshiping. (pray start some where at 8 minutes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeZyaMn9YAE  

No, because even if the actresses participating in the torch lighting ceremony were really worshiping an ancient Greek goddess, and I doubt there were, no one else is.
Does anyone really believe in the ancient Greek gods and goddesses anymore?
According to the Stoics, if you believe that the cosmos is ordered, then you believe in Zeus, since for the Stoics Zeus (whom they also called Logos) was the eternal reason who structures the cosmos.
If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #238 on: February 08, 2014, 01:20:57 PM »

Our gods are better.
I think you can say ~ In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and post with charitable and prayerful intentions.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #239 on: February 08, 2014, 01:23:44 PM »
Quote from: Alive

What are you talking about?

https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Warning: stories have mature content.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #240 on: February 08, 2014, 01:50:32 PM »
Why are so many people even wasting their time with this thread?
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline genesisone

• Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #241 on: February 08, 2014, 02:00:06 PM »
In the midst of lots of drivel, there are some good laughs. Your turn (you asked the question after all).

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #242 on: February 08, 2014, 02:17:07 PM »
In the midst of lots of drivel, there are some good laughs. Your turn (you asked the question after all).
I have to do some weird things as a moderator, like read this thread. :P

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #243 on: February 08, 2014, 11:25:45 PM »
I have to do some weird things as a moderator, like read this thread. :P

This thread is silly and unimportant. But if Alive chooses to become a citizen of the San Diego area, I would want him/her to live with me for a while. My reasons deal with another thread that was hurtful and he/she needs to see reality.
If you cannot remember everything, instead of everything, I beg you, remember this without fail, that not to share our own wealth with the poor is theft from the poor and deprivation of their means of life; we do not possess our own wealth but theirs.  If we have this attitude, we will certainly offer our money; and by nourishing Christ in poverty here and laying up great profit hereafter, we will be able to attain the good things which are to come. - St. John Chrysostom

Offline Alive

• High Elder
« Reply #244 on: February 09, 2014, 08:12:57 AM »

No, it is not.

Patriotism = paganism.

Sophistic.

Patriotism is idolatry.

Monks die to the world, that's true, but that hasn't hindered many monastic saints from loving their country. And then there is this:
     “The world is the general name for all the passions. When we wish to call the passions by a common name, we call them the world. But when we wish to distinguish them by their special names, we call them the passions. The passions are the following: love of riches, desire for possessions, bodily pleasure from which comes sexual passion, love of honour which gives rise to envy, lust for power, arrogance and pride of position, the craving to adorn oneself with luxurious clothes and vain ornaments, the itch for human glory which is a source of rancour and resentment, and physical fear. Where these passions cease to be active, there the world is dead; for though living in the flesh, they did not live for the flesh. See for which of these passions you are alive. Then you will know how far you are alive to the world, and how far you are dead to it”

‑ St. Isaac the Syrian

Patriotism - is form of heresy . we may talk about :

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,56618.new.html#new

Offline Alive

• High Elder
« Reply #245 on: February 09, 2014, 08:20:55 AM »
Olympic ideology foundation:

ODE TO SPORT

I.

O Sport, pleasure of the Gods,
essence of life, you appeared sud-
denly in the midst of the grey clearing
which writhes with the drudgery of
modern existence, like the radiant
messenger of a past age, when
mankind still smiled. And the glimmer
of dawn lit up the mountain tops and
flecks of light dotted the ground in the
gloomy forests.

II.

O Sport, you are Beauty! You are the
architect of that edifice which is the
human body and which can become
abject or sublime according to whether
it is defiled by vile passions or improved
through healthy exertion. There can be
no beauty without balance and propor-
tion, and you are the peerless master
of both, for you create harmony, you
give movements rhythm, you make
strength graceful and you endow sup-
pleness with power.

Ill.

O Sport, you are Justice! The perfect
equity for which men strive in vain in
their social institutions is your con-
stant companion. No one can jump a
centimetre higher than the height he
can jump, nor run a minute longer
than the length he can run. The limits
of his success are determined solely
by his own physical and moral
strength.

IV.

O Sport, you are Audacity! The
meaning of all muscular effort can be
summed up in the word ‘dare’. What
good are muscles, what is the point
of feeling strong and agile, and why
work to improve one’s agility and
strength, unless it is in order to dare?
But the daring you inspire has noth-
ing in common with the adventurer’s
recklessness in staking everything on
chance. Yours is a prudent, well-con-
sidered audacity.

V.

O Sport, you are Honour! The laurels
you bestow have no value unless
they have been won in absolute fair-
ness and with perfect impartiality. He
who, with some shameful trick,
manages to deceive his fellow com-
petitors feels guilt to his very core
and lives in fear of the ignominious
epithet which shall forever be
attached to his name should his
trickery be discovered.

VI.

O Sport, you are Joy! At your behest,
flesh dances and eyes smile; blood
races abundantly through the arter-
ies. Thoughts stretch out on a
brighter, clearer horizon. To the sor-
rowful you can even bring salutary
diversion from their distress, whilst
the happy you enable fully to savour
their
joie de vivre.

VII.

O Sport, you are Fecundity! You strive
directly and nobly towards perfection
of the race, destroying unhealthy
seed and correcting the flaws which
threaten its essential purity. And you
fill the athlete with a desire to see his
sons grow up agile and strong
around him to take his place in the
arena and, in their turn, carry off the
most glorious trophies.

VIII.

O Sport, you are Progress! To serve
you, a man must improve himself
both physically and spiritually. You
force him to abide by a greater disci-
pline; you demand that he avoid all
excess. You teach him wise rules
which allow him to exert himself with
the maximum of intensity without
compromising his good health.

IX.

O Sport, you are Peace! You promote
happy relations between peoples,
bringing them together in their shared
devotion to a strength which is con-
trolled, organized and self-disci-
plined. From you, the young world-
wide learn self-respect, and thus the
diversity of national qualities
becomes the source of a generous
and friendly rivalry.

PURE SATANIC IDEOLOGY

it is just one of many translation

Original one:

Georges Hohrod und M. Eschbach
(Pierre Baron de Coubertin)

Ode an den Sport

I.

O Sport, Du Göttergabe, du Lebenselixier!
Der fröhlichen Lichtstrahl wirft in die arbeitsschwere Zeit,
Der du ein Bote bist der längst vergangenen Tage.
Wo die Menschheit lächelte in Jugendlust,
Wo der aufsteigende Sonnengott die Gipfel der Berge rötete
Und scheidend den Hochwald in leuchtende Farben tauchte.

II.

O Sport, Du bist die Schönheit!
Du formst den Körper zu edler Gestalt,
Hältst fern von ihm zerstörende Leidenschaft
Und stählst ihn durch dauernde Übung.
Gibst schöne Harmonie seinen Gliedern
Und gefälligen Rhythmus seinen Bewegungen.
Du verbindest Grazie mit Kraft
Und Geschmeidigkeit mit Stärke.

III

O Sport, Du bist die Gerechtigkeit!
Vergeblich ringt der Mensch nach Billigkeit und Recht
In allen sozialen Einrichtungen;
Er findet beide nur bei Dir.
Um keinen Zoll vermag der Springer seinen Sprung zu höhen,
Nicht um Minuten die Dauer seines Laufs.
Die Kraft des Leibes und des Willens Spannung ganz allein
Bestimmen die Grenzen seiner Leistung.

IV

O Sport, Du bist der Mut!
Es gibt nur eine Losung für die Kraft der Muskeln und des Willens
Und die heisst: wagen!
Der wahre Mut ist nicht tolkühne unbesonnene Verwegenheit
Ist nur, Vertrauen auf die erworb?ne Kraft,
Dem Zufall überläßt sich nur der freche Spieler;
Dein Wagen ist Berechnung, ist Verdienst!

V

O Sport, Du bist die Ehre!
Von Dir gespendet hat Lob und Zeugnis vollen Wert,
Weil nur in wahrer Redlichkeit gewonnen.
Unlautrer Wettbewerb und unerlaubter Kunstgriff
Sind streng verpönt.
Und mit Verachtung würde der bestraft,
Der nur mit List und Täuschung die Palme sich erringen wollte.

VI

O Sport, Du bist die Freude!
Sobald Dein Ruf ertönt, erbebt der Leib in Wonne,
Das Auge glänzt und stürmisch Blut durchströmt die Adern,
Klar fliegen die Gedanken ätherwärts
Die Seele ist gelöst von jedem Druck
Und jubelt laut im Vollgenuß des Lebens.

VII

O Sport, Du bist die Fruchtbarkeit!
Auf zielbewußten Wegen veredelst Du des Menschen Rasse,
Weißt kranke Keime zu ersticken und Flecken auszuwischen,
Die ihre Reinheit zu vergiften drohen.
Und kraftgeschwellt hegt der Athlet Verlangen,
Sich Söhne zu erzeugen, die fähig sind wie er,
Ruhmvollen Lorbeer zu erringen.

VIII

O Sport, Du bist der Fortschritt!
Wer Deinem Dienste würdig sich will zeigen,
Muß fortgesetzt an Leib und Seele sich verbessern,
Muß jedes Übermaß vermeiden;
Und seine Leistungen zu steigern stets bestrebt sein,
Und doch das höchste Gut Gesundheit sich bewahren,
Des alten Spruches eingedenk:
«Gesunde Seele will in gesundem Körper wohnen».

IX

O Sport, Du bist der Friede!
Du schlingst ein Band um Völker,
Die sich als Brüder fühlen in gemeinsamer Pflege
Der Kraft, der Ordnung und der Selbstbeherrschung.
Durch Dich lernt Jugend selbst sich achten,
Und auch Charakter Eigenschaften anderer Völker
Schätzen und bewerten.
Sich gegenseitig messen, übertreffen, das ist das Ziel
Ein Wettstreit in dem Frieden.

http://olympic-museum.de/art/ode_au_sport/odeausport8.jpg

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #246 on: February 09, 2014, 03:13:52 PM »
All the poem says is that he likes sports a lot.

Millions of Christians can say the same thing.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Hypatos
« Reply #247 on: February 09, 2014, 05:02:41 PM »
FWIW, I do see some things in the poem that should cause right-believing Christians great consternation. I'm thinking particularly of the rather eugenic tone of the one stanza (Stanza VII) that speaks of sport as a means to purifying the human race.

That said, Alive has a great task ahead of him to prove that this Ode to Sport is actually seen by Olympic committees as the founding principle for the competitions they foster.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 05:04:50 PM by PeterTheAleut »

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #248 on: February 09, 2014, 05:24:00 PM »
FWIW, I do see some things in the poem that should cause right-believing Christians great consternation. I'm thinking particularly of the rather eugenic tone of the one stanza (Stanza VII) that speaks of sport as a means to purifying the human race.

That said, Alive has a great task ahead of him to prove that this Ode to Sport is actually seen by Olympic committees as the founding principle for the competitions they foster.

Hmm.. okay, point taken.

Offline alexpetros

• Go sábhála Dia Éire.
    • Musings of a Wandering Thinker (Blog)
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #249 on: February 09, 2014, 05:48:46 PM »
This morning, we had both a baptism as well as starting the Triodion, so the homily emphasized our need to be persistent in our repentance on our way to our goal: life in God. Father used the athletes in the Olympics as the simile, that our persistence in growing in Christ is to be as the Olympians are persistence in growing in sport.

A side tangent, but it made me remember this thread.

Offline Gunnarr

• Archon
« Reply #250 on: February 11, 2014, 03:45:24 AM »
Can we at least agree the prayers to Apollo in the lighting of the flame is something that should be criticized

again, here are some videos of it

Russian olympics flame lighting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhXKPViyAFg

London olympics flame lighting

http://bcove.me/706peqbu

in that video you can even hear her say "Apollon" Apollo, so it is not a conspiracy theory

I am a demonic servant! Beware!

Offline Alive

• High Elder
« Reply #251 on: February 11, 2014, 04:09:09 AM »
Can we at least agree the prayers to Apollo in the lighting of the flame is something that should be criticized

again, here are some videos of it

Russian olympics flame lighting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhXKPViyAFg

London olympics flame lighting

http://bcove.me/706peqbu

in that video you can even hear her say "Apollon" Apollo, so it is not a conspiracy theory

I heard "Russians" call sports figure as "gods of winter Olympics" ....

Offline Alive

• High Elder
« Reply #252 on: February 11, 2014, 07:25:19 AM »
Olympic Anthem (IOC Official "pray"  ) :

O Ancient immortal Spirit, pure father
    Of beauty, of greatness and of truth,
    Descend, reveal yourself and flash like lightning here,
    within the glory of your own earth and sky.

At running and at wrestling and at throwing,
    Shine in the momentum of noble contests,
    And crown with the unfading branch
    And make the body worthy and ironlike. (twice)

Plains, mountains and seas glow with you
    Like a white-and-purple great temple,
    And hurries at the temple here, your pilgrim, (twice)
    O Ancient immortal Spirit, every nation. (twice)

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #253 on: February 11, 2014, 07:32:39 AM »

Not really, no. This isn't a prayer service or theological dialogue, it's a sporting event, and most likely has participants from nearly every race, creed/religion, nationality, etc.  :police:

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #254 on: February 11, 2014, 07:35:40 AM »

You don't really grok poetry, do you?
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline Alive

• High Elder
« Reply #255 on: February 11, 2014, 07:43:45 AM »

Not really, no. This isn't a prayer service or theological dialogue, it's a sporting event, and most likely has participants from nearly every race, creed/religion, nationality, etc.  :police:

You are wrong ,

It is pray.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #256 on: February 11, 2014, 07:57:16 AM »

Not really, no. This isn't a prayer service or theological dialogue, it's a sporting event, and most likely has participants from nearly every race, creed/religion, nationality, etc.  :police:

You are wrong ,

It is pray.

They can sacrifice a goat for all I care.  8)

EDIT--On second thought, maybe I shouldn't joke, at least in this thread. My point is, it's not a religious event, it's a sporting event. If people happen to have beliefs that differ from mine, or pray or whatever, then I don't have a problem with that. Just like I wouldn't have a problem if some non-Christian players wanted to say some prayers before a high school football game for the safety of the players. I may not agree with what they're saying, but why would I need to silence them?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:04:32 AM by Asteriktos »

Offline Theophania

• Ecumenical Dissipation Association *OF* America
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #257 on: February 11, 2014, 08:05:55 AM »
Bunch of godless heathens in sports!

It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Offline Eastern Mind

• High Elder
  • Faith: Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch (Maronite)
« Reply #258 on: February 11, 2014, 10:19:16 AM »

Grok poetry is the worst :P
My anime double posts here.

^^^ It's been so long since I've been here I literally have no idea what that is even referring to o_O

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
« Reply #259 on: February 11, 2014, 10:23:54 AM »

Grok poetry is the worst :P

Grok poetry? Nah. Vogon poetry is the third worst in the universe.
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline Eastern Mind

• High Elder
  • Faith: Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch (Maronite)
« Reply #260 on: February 11, 2014, 11:08:16 AM »
Bunch of godless heathens in sports!

I remember that!  :)
My anime double posts here.

^^^ It's been so long since I've been here I literally have no idea what that is even referring to o_O

Offline Velsigne

• OC.net guru
« Reply #261 on: February 11, 2014, 12:30:44 PM »

I remember that!  :)

I do too.  I hadn't watched the Olympics since Nadia Comenici scored a 10.0 in gymnastics.

That was a great run by Meseret.  

Random aside, the fathers of Nadia and Meseret are both mechanics.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 12:38:19 PM by Velsigne »
A nation is not conquered until the hearts of its women are on the ground.

Then it is done, no matter how brave its warriors nor how strong their weapons -- Cheyenne proverb

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #262 on: February 11, 2014, 12:32:59 PM »

You are wrong ,

It is pray.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by that last sentence.  ???

Offline Cackles

• Elder
« Reply #263 on: February 12, 2014, 06:03:07 PM »

.."70 percent to 75 percent of Olympians" are having sex in the Village in their free time.

"There's a lot of sex going on," she quipped....

Okay, but isn't that going on everywhere [edit: many places in this post-Christian era] anyway? 

Stopping the Olympics won't stop that.   You can't control the behavior of the entire population of the planet with an anathema.

As far as I know, God gave us free will.  Some of us make better use of that than others.

Well the idea is that it's not such a wholesome event with role models involved like it 'should be'.

It's a state sponsored, darwinian style event where participants who should be marriedve kids are instead hooking up and going through 100,000 comdoms which seems insane. All the athletes are liberal and part of state religion (humanism). There's no honor at all. No modesty. 15 year old figure skater with her butt hanging out infront of everyone.

I know a lot of men here like this and think its great, but its a heavy curse because we're so over exposed to all this. What should get us gitty and excited doesnt anymore. Normal sexual things arent enough. A girl cant just have nice hair. She has to have extensions, and dont forget the spray tan.

What ever happened to looking at a girls legs and blushing and getting turned on. Good luck these days. Too much exposure will curse your libido which is mostly mental. A lot if it isnt mens fault as it happens slowely over time and is a product from things like the olympics and then now their calling it a big orgy with 100,000 condoms? Doesnt surprise me. This is what Secular Humanism promotes.
The above post is intended for discussion purposes and is comprised of my personal opinion.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Freemason Homo Church Infiltrator
« Reply #264 on: June 30, 2016, 04:25:31 AM »
Is Rio 2016 Satanism?
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #265 on: June 30, 2016, 05:06:47 AM »
Is Rio 2016 Satanism?

Copacabana bikinis definitely qualify.

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline hecma925

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #266 on: June 30, 2016, 05:49:11 AM »
Is Rio 2016 Satanism?

I would disagree.  I think they are a godsend in such heat.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #267 on: June 30, 2016, 12:23:03 PM »
If New York is the new Rome, Rio is the new Sodom.

Is Rio 2016 Satanism?
My bishop has his see in Copacabana, he says that frequently he mentions that in his visits to Poland and they'll widen their eyes and cross themselves upon hearing it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:25:23 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline hecma925

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #268 on: June 30, 2016, 04:02:13 PM »
If New York is the new Rome, Rio is the new Sodom.

Is Rio 2016 Satanism?
My bishop has his see in Copacabana, he says that frequently he mentions that in his visits to Poland and they'll widen their eyes and cross themselves upon hearing it.
And they are blessed with such visions in their heads.