OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 30, 2014, 08:00:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Galatians versus Acts  (Read 945 times) Average Rating: 0
servant_wayne

« on: March 19, 2005, 12:12:51 PM »

Galatians versus Acts:

The intent of my writings is to make known to the unsuspecting that faith in God and faith in the Bible is not one and the same. That righteousness before God is not a matter of one's religion or belief, but is in being righteous towards others. I believe that in making the contradictions between Galatians and Acts known to the unsuspecting some might see that faith in God should not rest upon what men say of God, but in God alone! And to thereby learn that although there may be truths in the Bible it is by no means the inerrant word of God. For that fearsome one that the Bible claims delighted in bloody sacrifices, justified slavery and the oppression of women is not God! But is a false god of the Spiritual Land of Egypt. And had the demigod of Constantine, the Christ of Rome, been what the self-called are proclaiming, not only would Jesus have known that God is not that bloody butcher of 1 Samuel 15: 2-3, but would have said so!

Galatians versus Acts: http://www.harrington-sites.com/house1.html

NULL
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 02:22:40 PM »

servant,

I dont know where you're comming from, and I am guessing you have no idea who we are, but the Orthodox dont profess the Inerrancy of Scripture, Ultimate Authority rests with the Living Tradition of the Church of Christ, which is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth, not the Bible. The Bible is a Church Document, one of many elements of our Sacred Tradition.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
servant_wayne

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »

Well, if your "Sacred Tradition" claims that God delighted in bloody sacrifices, justified slavery and the oppression of women, then my message belongs here.

NULL
icxn
Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 03:37:40 PM »

Well, if your "Sacred Tradition" claims that God delighted in bloody sacrifices, justified slavery and the oppression of women, then my message belongs here.

That is what happens when people throw out "Sacred Tradition"...

About Samuel:

Samuel means “obedience to God”; Saul symbolizes the mind, which is likened to a king because it is endowed with free will and can rule over the senses. So, in 1 Sam. 15:1-3, the Lord is teaching us that if we want to be kings over Israel, that is, be deemed worthy to see God, - Israel means “mind that sees God,” - then we need to take vengeance for what the Devil (Amalec) did when he had us under his will in the land of ignorance and the passions (Egypt). In another sense, Amalec signifies the fleshly passions, which oppose the mind from obeying God’s commandments. These passions, God commands Saul, that is the mind, to utterly destroy and “spare nothing belonging to” it, by slaying both anger (man), desire (woman), and their actions in the outer and inner man (infant and suckling). Also, eliminate all thoughts (sheep) and excitements (calf) from our heart with all their images (camel) of desires (ass).

/end quote

... they cannot understand the Spirit of the Law.

icxn

PS. Hey that commandment to Saul is very relevant to us today! Who would have thought... only St. Maximus  Wink
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 03:39:30 PM by icxn » Logged
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 05:12:30 PM »

servant,

I'm not a secular humanist, so your concerns are not my concerns. However, with that said, I believe that if you actually took the time to investigate rather than instigate, you'd find Orthodox Ideologies far more in line with your Political Agenda than you might think, then again, since you seem to be fairly secular in your political orientation, perhaps not.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 05:13:46 PM by greekischristian » Logged

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: