Author Topic: A grave family illness  (Read 927 times)

Offline jmbejdl

• Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
  • OC.net guru
  • Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava
A grave family illness
« on: March 17, 2005, 05:03:49 AM »
Please would you pray for my sister-in-law Mariana and her fiance Bruno. He had recently been in remission from a cancer which had spread widely but we heard yesterday that it has returned as bad as before. The doctors are still trying to treat him but the prognosis doesn't sound good. They are a very close couple and I know Mariana will be devastated by the news. I wish I could do more for them but all I can do now is pray.

In Christ,

James
We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos

Offline Ian Lazarus

• The Main Man!
  • OC.net guru
  • yIjah, Qey' 'oH!
Re: A grave family illness
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 06:05:05 AM »
Kyrie eleison
"For I am With thee, withersoever thou goest"

Joshua 1:9

Offline Jakub

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 12:10:34 PM »
Prayers for Bruno and Mariana.

james
An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Christ is risen!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 05:41:52 PM »
Lord, have mercy.
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Mor no longer posts on OCNet.  He follows threads, posts his responses daily, occasionally starts threads, and responds to private messages when and as he wants.  But he really isn't around anymore.