OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 19, 2014, 01:59:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bravery and Matthew 5:9  (Read 70 times) Average Rating: 0
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« on: January 30, 2014, 12:02:11 AM »

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.  - Matthew 5:9

I'm sure this photo is floating around elsewhere here on the forum.  I am in absolute admiration of this priest.

With an angry mob on one side, trained police/soldiers on the other, he stands there reminding those who are in opposition of each other - of Christ.  He's in a very dangerous spot there in a zone where crossfire could happen.    He is doing what he can to keep the peace and to give people something of hope in a very dark and dangerous place.

This is nerves of steel in love & faith. 

I admit, I would love to learn to have that much courage and strength in my faith.  I honestly believe he was ready to become a martyr if needs be. 

Is it all of our duties as Christians to help advert tragedies through Christ?

Do you believe all the Christians present should have stopped what they were doing to stand next to him and pray together?  (Either govt side or protest side)

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: