OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 27, 2014, 09:09:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Defense of Christian Pacifism  (Read 1560 times) Average Rating: 0
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« on: January 28, 2014, 03:06:34 AM »

This is a response to Father Josiah Trenham's talk entitled, "Jesus: Peacemaker not Pacifist".

A Defense of Christian Pacifism
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwcD7uEBLxNgT2tIUE5Yczd0MzQ/edit

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 03:28:13 AM »

Okay, so this is something you wrote. What makes it so special?
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 04:30:41 AM »

This is a response to Father Josiah Trenham's talk entitled, "Jesus: Peacemaker not Pacifist".

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwcD7uEBLxNgUDRQV0p5ekhJQkE/edit [Edited]

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 04:31:28 AM »

Peter,

I don't claim that it's "special." I just felt the need to respond to what I believed to be a gross mischaracterization of the pacifist position. People can read it and judge for themselves.

Selam
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:57:49 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

FormerCalvinist

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 04:50:32 AM »

Just finished reading it. I have not heard the talk to which you are responding, but I can say I found your presentation of the Christian pacifist position to be convincing. It has given me a lot of food for thought. Thank you for taking the time to write it out.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 04:57:20 AM »

Just finished reading it. I have not heard the talk to which you are responding, but I can say I found your presentation of the Christian pacifist position to be convincing. It has given me a lot of food for thought. Thank you for taking the time to write it out.

Thank you dear brother. Here is the link to Father Josiah's talk: http://www.ancientfaith.com/podcasts/thearena/jesus_peacemaker_not_pacifist

Selam

Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 07:25:08 AM »

I still don't buy you really being a pacifist when you so admire a man that essentially waged a war. Self defense, just war, or whatever, he wasn't a pacifist.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 03:44:14 AM »

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwcD7uEBLxNgQnFDY29qLXp2cTA/edit [Edited]

Selam

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 03:53:32 AM »

Have you contacted Fr. Josiah about your response, do you expect a counter-response from him, and if so will you post that or provide a link? Or, to put it another way (or perhaps to ask a different question?), is this meant or expected or hoped to be an ongoing discussion, or did you want it to be a thing where each person gave their side and then that's it?

Joe: 'Is it creepy for a 35 year old guy to date a 19 year old girl?'
Desiree: 'Not if she's the one to push for the relationship, babe.'
Joe: 'But...'
Desiree: 'You'll shut up if you're smart.'
Joe: 'Ok.'
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 04:34:18 AM »

Have you contacted Fr. Josiah about your response, do you expect a counter-response from him, and if so will you post that or provide a link? Or, to put it another way (or perhaps to ask a different question?), is this meant or expected or hoped to be an ongoing discussion, or did you want it to be a thing where each person gave their side and then that's it?

I will be glad to send it to him. I'll see if I can find some contact info for him. I don't want to get into a back in forth debate with an Orthodox Priest. I don't think that's my place, and I'm sure Father Josiah has more important things to do. My main point was to demonstrate that Christian pacifism is nothing like the philosophy he described. I think he was really condemning apathy within the Church, and I made it clear that I agree with him in that regard. I hope I didn't come off as disrespectful. I admire and respect his views in many other areas.

(OK, I just emailed him a file and a message.)

Here is the PDF document uploaded by Scribd.com
http://www.scribd.com/doc/203073284/A-Defense-of-Christian-Pacifism

Selam
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 04:51:22 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 09:31:27 AM »

Nick will have to remind me, but if this is the Priest I think it is, I would be surprised if he is ever right about anything. One of the few podcasts I listened to on AFR where I was nauseated by what I heard. It was a "statement" to some high school kids about the dangers of college.

I know nothing about his background, but I will wager he's a convert from some heavy Calvinist tradition where the Puritans are lauded and that I am not the only one who finds his message repugnant.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
xOrthodox4Christx
Warned
Archon

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 09:54:32 AM »

Nick will have to remind me, but if this is the Priest I think it is, I would be surprised if he is ever right about anything. One of the few podcasts I listened to on AFR where I was nauseated by what I heard. It was a "statement" to some high school kids about the dangers of college.

I know nothing about his background, but I will wager he's a convert from some heavy Calvinist tradition where the Puritans are lauded and that I am not the only one who finds his message repugnant.

Grin
http://orthodoxbridge.com/a-calvinist-who-crossed-over-to-orthodoxy/

“We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.” (Chris Hedges)
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 09:34:16 PM »

GMK, how do you, an OO Christian, reconcile pacifism with our Liturgical prayers which explicitly ask the Lord to protect our brethren in the armed forces and to grant us victory over the "barbarians?" Not to mention our veneration of soldier-Saints (e.g. Sts. Mina, George, Theodore, Demetrius, Vartan), etc?

Not trying to be polemical, just curious?

Priest:
Remember, O Lord, our brethren, the orthodox believers who are in the palace (government), and all the soldiers.

Deacon:
Pray for those of our brethren, the orthodox believers who are in the palace (government), and all the soldiers.

http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/index.php?a=view&id=1947
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:39:40 PM by Severian » Logged

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 10:58:51 PM »

GMK, how do you, an OO Christian, reconcile pacifism with our Liturgical prayers which explicitly ask the Lord to protect our brethren in the armed forces and to grant us victory over the "barbarians?" Not to mention our veneration of soldier-Saints (e.g. Sts. Mina, George, Theodore, Demetrius, Vartan), etc?

Not trying to be polemical, just curious?

Priest:
Remember, O Lord, our brethren, the orthodox believers who are in the palace (government), and all the soldiers.

Deacon:
Pray for those of our brethren, the orthodox believers who are in the palace (government), and all the soldiers.

http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/index.php?a=view&id=1947

I echo these prayers. But I don't see them as prayers for God to bless violence or grant carnal military victories. As St. Paul says, we wrestle not against flesh and blood. Our warfare is spiritual. So in praying for our governmental authorities and soldiers, I pray for them to act peacefully, not violently. I pray that God would grant them spiritual victory over their spiritual enemies. That is how I interpret such prayers. Otherwise Christians are actually praying for the violent conquest of other Christians in many cases. Surely this is not what the Church intends.

Selam
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:59:53 PM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 12:57:44 AM »

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwcD7uEBLxNgT2tIUE5Yczd0MzQ/edit

Selam

I am grateful that you wrote this Gebre. I think it was well thought out  and clear. I am however biased because I agree with you.

I did get depressed reading it. But I think this is also understandable.
Gorazd
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: The Ecumenical Patriarchate of Istanbul and Chambésy

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 01:34:55 AM »

Nothing good ever came out of Calvinism, which is in many aspects closer to radical Islam than to Orthodox Christianity.

Btw, the original hotspots of Calvinism - Geneva and Holland - are today amongst the most secularised places even within Europe.
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 02:53:03 AM »

I love and agree with what you said. We are not only called to make peace, but to love our enemies. It's a commandment and if it's a commandment then it has to do with the (new) law (of love).

Btw, I believe certain things that Fr. Josiah said to be quite funny in the way they sound. Such as: "We live in a plague of pacifism." Smiley

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 03:15:20 AM by IoanC » Logged

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 08:41:53 AM »

I know nothing about his background

One thing I know is that he's born and raised in California which raises all kinds questions about his weird fake accent.

Now that I looked at his bio he is in fact a former PCA (Calvinist) minister.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 09:32:16 AM »

"We live in a plague of pacifism." Smiley

The histrionic heights he reaches are pretty breathtaking. Such sweeping, empty statements betoken a need to inflate a problem so that he can seem important by denouncing it. I wouldn't even call myself a pacifist, strictly speaking, but Fr. Josiah's rant is maddeningly dishonest and just plain stupid. Violence and militarism are routinely celebrated and promoted in American culture, so either he is living a parallel universe or just lying.

Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 09:36:03 AM »

Nothing good ever came out of Calvinism, which is in many aspects closer to radical Islam than to Orthodox Christianity.

It's early yet, but post of 2014! ^

“Nothing is better than to realize one’s weakness and ignorance and nothing is worse than not to be aware of them.” - St. Peter of Damascus
Eastern Mind
Hi! I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs!
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Hopeful
Jurisdiction: Greece

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 11:33:18 AM »

Annnnnnd into my siggy it goes :3

"ALL THE GODS OF THE HINDUS ARE DEMONS HAHAHAHAHA!!"
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 11:40:26 AM »

Dear Imperial Japanese Fleet.

We surrender

Congress of the United States December 1941

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 11:42:48 AM by Marc1152 » Logged

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 12:24:24 PM »

We surrender

Gave me a chuckle.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
xOrthodox4Christx
Warned
Archon

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2014, 01:37:39 PM »

I agree. The Islamic god predestinates and throws the majority of people into hell regardless of their belief or unbelief as well.

“We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.” (Chris Hedges)
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2014, 01:57:15 PM »

I agree. The Islamic god predestinates and throws the majority of people into hell regardless of their belief or unbelief as well.

I don't have time to get into this, but no orthodox Christian theology proposes such a thing, not even Calvinism (in its early inception at least) nor does Islam.

When it comes down to the free will vs. predestination dilemma its all pretty much the same among the old monotheisms and rather wanting. How Calvinism's specific take on the free will vs. predestination along with the culture it grew up in affects society is another matter, along with Islam, Orthodoxy, etc. 

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 04:03:51 PM »

I wonder what is more funny. That priest's beliefs or GMK's conviction his response would matter to anyone.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 11:46:56 PM »

I wonder what is more funny. That priest's beliefs or GMK's conviction his response would matter to anyone.

I think it will matter to the priest unless he is arrogant.

GMK's response mattered to me. The vast majority of posts on OCnet do not matter to me, although I might appreciate some of them them for entertainment purposes.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2014, 12:06:12 AM »

When you're done wondering, share your conclusions.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2014, 12:07:21 AM »

We surrender

We had plenty of time to train a vast force of Japanese speaking JW paratroupers, who would keep them busy at their door steps for a considerable amount of time.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2014, 09:15:38 AM »

As someone operating in the small pond of American Orthodoxy, it is not very funny when one of our (pejorative removed - Mor) priests with a cult following starts promulgating militarism as if it is Orthodox.

Edited to remove inappropriate term.  Mor
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 02:45:00 PM by Mor Ephrem » Logged

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2014, 10:58:09 AM »

As someone operating in the small pond of American Orthodoxy, it is not very funny when one of our (removed - Mor)priests with a cult following starts promulgating militarism as if it is Orthodox.

Like I said, when I heard the one or two podcasts by him nearly everything he said was either nauseating or idiotic. He is a culture warrior (removed - Mor). Maybe he'll read this and feel properly vindicated that he indeed his windmills do exist.

The one thing I do know is his parish's building, it is a some testament to the money he is able to to draw in. It is a day spa for the Orthodox. If he is in California and is in the Greek Church, maybe Fr. Nebo knows him.

Edited to remove inappropriate term.  Mor
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 05:42:07 PM by Mor Ephrem » Logged

NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2014, 11:22:20 AM »

Nick will have to remind me, but if this is the Priest I think it is...a "statement" to some high school kids about the dangers of college.
When I first read this, I thought you meant Fr. Andrew Damick (the orthodoxy and heterodoxy guy). But the priest mentioned in the OP is someone I know nothing about.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:23:24 AM by NicholasMyra » Logged

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2014, 11:29:42 AM »

Nick will have to remind me, but if this is the Priest I think it is...a "statement" to some high school kids about the dangers of college.
When I first read this, I thought you meant Fr. Andrew Damick (the orthodoxy and heterodoxy guy). But the priest mentioned in the OP is someone I know nothing about.
No, Fr. Josiah makes Fr. ASD look downright centrist.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2014, 11:36:45 AM »

The Islamic god predestinates and throws the majority of people into hell regardless of their belief or unbelief as well.
I don't think so.

if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
xOrthodox4Christx
Warned
Archon

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2014, 11:47:19 AM »

The Islamic god predestinates and throws the majority of people into hell regardless of their belief or unbelief as well.
I don't think so.

On what? Islam? Yes he does. Qur'an 32:13. There are also Hadiths that say that the majority of Muslims are going to hell.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2014, 12:06:44 PM »

I don't think so.

On what? Islam? Yes he does. Qur'an 32:13. There are also Hadiths that say that the majority of Muslims are going to hell.

And Christians say most Christians are going to hell. Your understanding of Islam clearly formed from the cookie cutter polemics against it. Which will get you a lot of cheers from the choir, but is unlikely to change hearts and minds.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2014, 12:10:37 PM »

No, Fr. Josiah makes Fr. ASD look downright centrist.

Nick, Fr. Josiah is the (removed - Mor) I once mentioned to you in passing perhaps. I just took the time to make sure I wasn't talking about the wrong person. I am not.

If you want to know how to have sex, Fr. Josiah is here to tell you how and why:

http://www.orthodoxytoday.org/articles5/TrenhamSexuality.php

Edited to remove inappropriate term.  Mor
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 02:46:26 PM by Mor Ephrem » Logged

xOrthodox4Christx
Warned
Archon

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2014, 12:21:38 PM »

I don't think so.

And Christians say most Christians are going to hell. Your understanding of Islam clearly formed from the cookie cutter polemics against it. Which will get you a lot of cheers from the choir, but is unlikely to change hearts and minds.

Many Muslims understand Islam in this way, it's why there are so many jihadist sects. I don't mean to change minds. Here's an example.

And it's true about Christians saying that. The point, isn't "who's going to hell' but rather whether the Islamic god is morally justified (beyond 'he's god so he can do what he wants') to predestinate people to heaven or hell, even though, he admits, he could have saved everyone if he wanted to.

That was my point in posting the verse, something that didn't come across very clearly apparently.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 12:28:06 PM by xOrthodox4Christx » Logged

GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2014, 12:27:27 PM »

I don't necessarily always agree with Fr. Josiah, and certainly priests are not above reproach, but I am very uncomfortable with him being labeled "idiotic", a "goof", and a "maniac".  This strikes me as being disrespectful and unChristian.  

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2014, 12:31:37 PM »

I don't necessarily always agree with Fr. Josiah, and certainly priests are not above reproach, but I am very uncomfortable with him being labeled "idiotic", a "goof", and a "maniac".  This strikes me as being disrespectful and unChristian.  

A lot of stuff strikes me as unChristian too around here, but words which properly describe behavior, I dunno. Have you seen people defending robbing healthcare from others? Killing people? Stuff like that? It's pretty much the stance of nearly everyone here who is a top oc.netter (in terms of posts) other than myself and few others.

So I guess, let's get uncomfortable about calling someone who wrote what I posted above a culture war goof.

NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2014, 12:46:06 PM »

"The intense pleasure of sexual relations are designed by God to promote the procreation of children, since the difficulties inherent in childbearing and Christian parenting might otherwise tempt spouses to avoid this solemn responsibility."

My response is this pic:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 12:46:33 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2014, 02:11:15 PM »

"The intense pleasure of sexual relations are designed by God to promote the procreation of children, since the difficulties inherent in childbearing and Christian parenting might otherwise tempt spouses to avoid this solemn responsibility."

My response is this pic:

Brilliant. That sentence is something else, I am not sure if I can properly diagram everything that is wrong with it.

As you usual, you have managed to distill internet stupidity down to its essence.

augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2014, 02:16:15 PM »

For once I might agree with Fr. Joshua, whose opinions I find otherwise detestable, but recounting the abortion clinic incident, what sort of (removed - Mor) does it  take to behave like that poor (removed - Mor), screaming there is forgiveness with Jesus when you get your comeuppance for intruding on some strangers' life? and after offering Jesus' forgiveness sue them. what a (removed - Mor).

Edited to remove inappropriate terms.  Mor
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 02:48:06 PM by Mor Ephrem » Logged
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2014, 02:42:52 PM »

May I take this opportunity to remind all members of the following rule:

Any clergy of the mainline (i.e. non vagante) OO, EO New- and Old-Calendarist Churches shall be called by their proper title or salutation, a respectable abbreviation of such, or an acceptable academic-style reference.  Extreme abbreviations are only appropriate for institutions or large groups (i.e. MP for "Moscow Patriarchate" not "Patriarch of Moscow").  All such references should be made with respect following proper decorum (i.e. no inclusion of pejoratives or other personal attacks).

This does not prohibit expressions of disagreement with the views of such a person, but do so respectfully.  "Loudmouth", "goof", and "maniac", among others, are not acceptable. 

Thank you.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2014, 06:02:40 PM »

^^ Just wanted to let my buddy, orthonorm and others, I did not "report to moderator".  I ain't no narc.  Smiley 

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Tags: pacifism 
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: