OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 07:18:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Server issues??  (Read 211 times) Average Rating: 0
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« on: January 27, 2014, 02:42:29 PM »

Is it just me, or is OC.net having recurring server/connectivity issues today?

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 02:47:11 PM »

Is it just me, or is OC.net having recurring server/connectivity issues today?

It is not just you. Which doesn't mean it is oc.net's server. I haven't gone crazy and tried to figure out what might be the trouble, I am bit too busy. Trying to leaving work before the wind chill goes lower than -20F.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 02:48:30 PM »

While I experienced several problems last week, I haven't noticed anything today...

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 09:52:13 AM »

Seems like it's happening again (still??) today.  I'll try to get to the site (trying both Firefox and Explorer) and I'll get the message to the effect that the server cannot be found.  Then I'll be able to get on for awhile, and then it happens all over again.  Anyone know what this is all about?

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
LBK
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 09:58:57 AM »

Seems like it's happening again (still??) today.  I'll try to get to the site (trying both Firefox and Explorer) and I'll get the message to the effect that the server cannot be found.  Then I'll be able to get on for awhile, and then it happens all over again.  Anyone know what this is all about?

I use Firefox exclusively, yet I haven't had a problem.  Huh
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 10:52:25 AM »

This sounds odd. Are you using a firewall? It is only happening with this site?

Have you looked at this?

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/server-not-found-connection-problem

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 12:48:52 PM »

This sounds odd. Are you using a firewall? It is only happening with this site?

Have you looked at this?

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/server-not-found-connection-problem

Don't know about a firewall...I suppose there is one as I do this at work.  And yes, it IS only this site.  I have no problem getting on any other sites.  This only started happening yesterday.  I've just now been able to get back on since my last post a couple hours ago.  Very weird.  Happens not just with Firefox, but with Explorer, too.  <<scratches head>>

Thanks for the link!  If it happens again I'll check it out and see if it helps. 

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: