OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 25, 2014, 10:18:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christianity and Islam  (Read 2430 times) Average Rating: 0
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2014, 03:54:42 PM »

One nation? I dont think Muslims are allowed to live as one and equal nation with non Muslims, just look at Saudi Arabia Christianity is against the law like any other religion..
Most American Muslims seem to be quite happy living in one nation, equal under the law, in the U.S.
That's because overall, they are in a minority there, when they increase in numbers then they start to enforce their rules..one example is London..http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2519519/Muslim-Patrol-jailed-harassing-couple-holding-hands-men-drinking-bid-enforce-Sharia-law-East-London.html
The article indicates that the "Muslim Patrol" was inspired by an extremist, not your run-of-the-mill British imam.

The article is wrong. The major Islamic organizations in the UK and in the US are run by the Muslim Brotherhood (Ikhwan al-Muslimoon) organization.

Britain's Islamic Republic (2010)
Terrorists Among Us: Jihad in America (1994)

Things like this
happen in Islamic schools.
Any sources from print journals?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:55:56 PM by Jetavan » Logged

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2014, 03:57:17 PM »

Christians should follow Christ.

And how exactly do we do this?
Love God and love your neighbor.

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2014, 03:58:21 PM »

Why Muslims is the only community that try to enforce their religion on people??
Christians haven't done similarly?
Although you surprise me by defending Muslims more than Christians..
Both Muslims and Christians are human, full of imperfections and grand plans. No one is perfect.

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2014, 04:01:05 PM »

Why Muslims is the only community that try to enforce their religion on people??
Muslims countries are the most Christian persecuting, killings and oppressions are frequent occurances, 9 out of 10 most Christian persecuting countries in the world are Muslim countries and you think this is OK? http://m.christianpost.com/news/report-9-out-of-10-top-christian-persecution-countries-due-to-islamic-extremism--112255/
Which case/example/policy of persecution do you think is the worse?

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
xOrthodox4Christx
Protokentarchos

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2014, 04:03:30 PM »

One nation? I dont think Muslims are allowed to live as one and equal nation with non Muslims, just look at Saudi Arabia Christianity is against the law like any other religion..
Most American Muslims seem to be quite happy living in one nation, equal under the law, in the U.S.
That's because overall, they are in a minority there, when they increase in numbers then they start to enforce their rules..one example is London..http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2519519/Muslim-Patrol-jailed-harassing-couple-holding-hands-men-drinking-bid-enforce-Sharia-law-East-London.html
The article indicates that the "Muslim Patrol" was inspired by an extremist, not your run-of-the-mill British imam.

The article is wrong. The major Islamic organizations in the UK and in the US are run by the Muslim Brotherhood (Ikhwan al-Muslimoon) organization.

Britain's Islamic Republic (2010)
Terrorists Among Us: Jihad in America (1994)

Things like this
happen in Islamic schools.
Any sources from print journals?

Court cases. Print journals handling Islam, in this PC culture? Naw.

"Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth.... While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." (Eugene Debs)
andrewlya
High Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Christianity is not a religion,it is a relationship with God

Christian all my life and still learning

« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2014, 04:27:32 PM »

Muslims countries are the most Christian persecuting, killings and oppressions are frequent occurances, 9 out of 10 most Christian persecuting countries in the world are Muslim countries and you think this is OK? http://m.christianpost.com/news/report-9-out-of-10-top-christian-persecution-countries-due-to-islamic-extremism--112255/
What do you mean? Please, elaborate

I believe in one God the Father and His Son the Messiah, the Savior of all people
andrewlya
High Elder

« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2014, 04:31:48 PM »

You probably live somewhere where there are not many Muslims, where I live there is a lot and increasing and I can see things are changing around here...I would not like to see more Mosques than there are Churches, would you..

I believe in one God the Father and His Son the Messiah, the Savior of all people
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2014, 05:04:30 PM »

You probably live somewhere where there are not many Muslims, where I live there is a lot and increasing and I can see things are changing around here...I would not like to see more Mosques than there are Churches, would you..
Depends upon the mosque...and the church. I wouldn't mind more Ismaili mosques; I'd prefer that over independent fundamental Baptist.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:06:51 PM by Jetavan » Logged

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2014, 05:05:22 PM »

Which country has the most egregious, extreme, anti-Christian law, and what law is it?

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
andrewlya
High Elder

« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2014, 05:46:04 PM »

Which country has the most egregious, extreme, anti-Christian law, and what law is it?
There is a few, the main one i'd Say Saudi were no Churches are allowed to be built or cross is allowed to be worn and where Christians can get arrested even when worshiping in the privacy of their home..

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: