Author Topic: Smartphone/tablet-related problems  (Read 235 times)

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
  • Holy Newmartyrs of Internets, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox. Truly, madly, deeply
Smartphone/tablet-related problems
« on: January 25, 2014, 01:28:48 PM »
Any of those smiley/url/bolding/etc. buttons doesn't seem to be working properly on my Symbian smartphone or Android Tablet. Either they won't work at all or the smiley goes into wrong part of the message. Anyone else having similar problems?
The user should probably be sleeping by now.

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
Re: Smartphone/tablet-related problems
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 07:32:48 PM »
Any of those smiley/url/bolding/etc. buttons doesn't seem to be working properly on my Symbian smartphone or Android Tablet. Either they won't work at all or the smiley goes into wrong part of the message. Anyone else having similar problems?

Just bumping. I do not have a smart phone or tablet.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 07:35:59 PM »

Do you want an answer? The easiest way to get away from most of those problems is to type the tags / emoticons.

I use a phone with a tiny touch screen and that is what I do.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 07:36:13 PM by orthonorm »
If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
  • Holy Newmartyrs of Internets, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox. Truly, madly, deeply
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 08:30:03 AM »
That's what I do too but it's annoying as I've gotten used to those buttons when operating with my laptop. I was hoping that I could solve this problem with doing something otherwise myself but apparently the problem is in the forum software itself. It doesn't work properly with mobile devices.
The user should probably be sleeping by now.