OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 17, 2014, 04:03:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Songs of remembrance  (Read 158 times) Average Rating: 0
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« on: January 19, 2014, 02:36:05 AM »

I gave up trying to figure out an all encompassing title. But the notion that I have is to find out about songs or musical compositions that you associate with your children or parents or the all encompassing others that you care about.

The reality is that I decided that I could not post this in the "what is everyone listening to" thread. It is too important to me.

I love and miss both of my parents and they often enter into my dreams. They are never far from me. Their love is for ever engrained in me. I am sure my brother and sister feel likewise. I think because of them, my brother, sister and I live and and excel from my parents single heart beat which continues in us. That same single heart beat that we share and continue. I dearly thank God for the greatest of all gifts that one could possibly ask for.

The song is Manoula Mou. I chose Nana Mouskouri because her rendition screams. This is how I feel (screaming), and I am perhaps fortunate that I do not understand a word of Greek.

Couldn't find it on youtube:
http://nhacso.net/nghe-nhac/manoula-mou.W1hYVEpd.html

IoanC
Archon

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 03:12:14 AM »

Fire and Rain -- James Taylor (http://youtu.be/C3uaXCJcRrE). Has meant a lot and brought me to tears especially after the passing of my mother.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: