OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 19, 2014, 03:53:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soul Searching and Growth  (Read 598 times) Average Rating: 1
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« on: January 19, 2014, 12:00:01 AM »

Of the 15 threads currently on the main page, 7 (half) are regarding the Catholic Church and no one sees the obsession with Rome on the parts of the posters here?  This is a serious issue. 

I hope you all do some deep soul searching and realize your problem.  Stop worrying about what Rome is doing or what the Pope said about whether or not he thinks oranges taste good claiming its an infallible declaration and pay attention to your own faith.  You guys can’t even agree within Orthodoxy but you have the audacity and gall to complain about someone else.

This deep seeded issue, which seems to fester at the hearts of so many of you, needs some solemn prayer.

Lord, have mercy!
xOrthodox4Christx
Archon

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 12:09:32 AM »

Rome's claims matter to me because they affect my salvation. Furthermore, people who earnestly want to talk about these issues began these topics, not some 'Romaphobe.'

"Rationalists are admirable beings, rationalism is a hideous monster when it claims for itself omnipotence. Attribution of omnipotence to reason is as bad a piece of idolatry as is worship of stock and stone, believing it to be God." (Mahatma Gandhi)
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 12:14:35 AM »

Rome's claims matter to me because they affect my salvation.

No, and this is a prayer, not discussion, thread.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:16:20 AM by Kerdy » Logged
xOrthodox4Christx
Archon

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 12:17:23 AM »

No, and this is a prayer, not discussion, thread.

Could've fooled me. Lord have mercy.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:17:33 AM by xOrthodox4Christx » Logged

"Rationalists are admirable beings, rationalism is a hideous monster when it claims for itself omnipotence. Attribution of omnipotence to reason is as bad a piece of idolatry as is worship of stock and stone, believing it to be God." (Mahatma Gandhi)
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 12:20:35 AM »

I may respond once it gets moved out of the Prayer Forum.

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 12:22:40 AM »

Too late, you just did. 
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 12:22:56 AM »

Lord, have mercy!
augustin717
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 12:25:29 AM »

finally i agree with kerdy on something. for totally different reasons but still.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 12:29:15 AM »

Thread locked pending review.

Mor Ephrem, section moderator

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 02:42:13 AM »

y'all play nice with each other now. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 03:12:18 AM »

Of the 15 threads currently on the main page, 7 (half) are regarding the Catholic Church and no one sees the obsession with Rome on the parts of the posters here?  This is a serious issue. 

I hope you all do some deep soul searching and realize your problem.  Stop worrying about what Rome is doing or what the Pope said about whether or not he thinks oranges taste good claiming its an infallible declaration and pay attention to your own faith.  You guys can’t even agree within Orthodoxy but you have the audacity and gall to complain about someone else.

This deep seeded issue, which seems to fester at the hearts of so many of you, needs some solemn prayer.

Lord, have mercy!

I don't remember what the exact statistics were from a month ago, but I do remember looking at your post history, Kerdy, and out of the threads you mentioned were active at the time, you had posted within the last day or so in all but one of them, and you had been the most active poster in most of them. So...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 03:13:05 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
Misplaced Book
Don't Mind Me.....

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Constantinople

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 03:41:46 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Why are you worrying about what we are doing?   
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 08:33:57 AM »

I will have to agree. People generally discuss too much about what others are doing wrong. But one hand they don't really fix anything, and on the other they don't realize that the main issue in the world is ourselves.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:34:48 AM by IoanC » Logged

Cackles
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (Canada)

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 05:43:10 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

If he's Orthodox he's allowed. He's not allowed to believe that he is a 'better Christian' though because that results in real sin. He needs to do call attention to our wrongdoings, but also to this respect peoples free choice if they dont want to listen or dont agree with your understanding of righteousness/scripture/theology.

The above post is intended for discussion purposes and is comprised of my personal opinion.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 04:09:32 AM »

Of the 15 threads currently on the main page, 7 (half) are regarding the Catholic Church and no one sees the obsession with Rome on the parts of the posters here?  This is a serious issue.  

I hope you all do some deep soul searching and realize your problem.  Stop worrying about what Rome is doing or what the Pope said about whether or not he thinks oranges taste good claiming its an infallible declaration and pay attention to your own faith.  You guys can’t even agree within Orthodoxy but you have the audacity and gall to complain about someone else.

Lord, have mercy!

I don't remember what the exact statistics were from a month ago, but I do remember looking at your post history, Kerdy, and out of the threads you mentioned were active at the time, you had posted within the last day or so in all but one of them, and you had been the most active poster in most of them. So...

...so, that makes no point at all regarding what I placed forth for prayer.  Or did you forget this was originally a prayer request thread?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:18:02 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 04:10:10 AM »

I will have to agree. People generally discuss too much about what others are doing wrong. But one hand they don't really fix anything, and on the other they don't realize that the main issue in the world is ourselves.

Thank you!  At least one person understands.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 04:19:19 AM »

Of the 15 threads currently on the main page, 7 (half) are regarding the Catholic Church and no one sees the obsession with Rome on the parts of the posters here?  This is a serious issue.  

I hope you all do some deep soul searching and realize your problem.  Stop worrying about what Rome is doing or what the Pope said about whether or not he thinks oranges taste good claiming its an infallible declaration and pay attention to your own faith.  You guys can’t even agree within Orthodoxy but you have the audacity and gall to complain about someone else.

Lord, have mercy!

Is that a real question?  Do you even Christian, bro?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:19:37 AM by Kerdy » Logged
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 04:23:45 AM »

...so, that makes no point at all regarding what I placed forth for prayer.

You didn't place anything forth for prayer, not in this attempt anyway. Rather you posted a sweeping judgment of a group of people under the guise of a call to prayer, which quite frankly is disgusting enough, but which was made even worse by the fact that you were (hypocritically) the main fuel for the fire you were blaming on others.

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 04:29:21 AM »

You didn't place anything forth for prayer, not in this attempt anyway. Rather you posted a sweeping judgment of a group of people under the guise of a call to prayer, which quite frankly is disgusting enough, but which was made even worse by the fact that you were (hypocritically) the main fuel for the fire you were blaming on others.

So, you are a mind and soul reader now.  I bet you make tons of money from that job, or is it just a hobby?  If you paid attention, which apparently you didn't, I did not start those threads and I was attempting to calm the mindless, inaccurate, bitter, and some outright false statements revealing the vitriol which was being spewed.  Facts are pesky things, aren't they?  As far as judgment goes, it was a clear and obvious observation.  If it felt like judgment to you, it may be for a reason.  Good luck with that.  I suggest you pray about it, but don't blame me for as I cast no judgment on anyone. 
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 04:38:42 AM »

But since this is no longer a prayer thread....

...exactly how does Rome's claims of anything affect your salvation as an Orthodox?  If what Rome states is false, you have nothing to worry about.  If what Rome states is true, then I could see your concern, but then you wouldn't be Orthodox.  Would you?
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 05:35:45 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Why are you worrying about what Catholics are doing?
katherine 2001
High Elder

Eastern Orthodox Church--Established in 33 A.D.

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 12:29:57 PM »

So, you are a mind and soul reader now.  I bet you make tons of money from that job, or is it just a hobby?  If you paid attention, which apparently you didn't, I did not start those threads and I was attempting to calm the mindless, inaccurate, bitter, and some outright false statements revealing the vitriol which was being spewed.  Facts are pesky things, aren't they?  As far as judgment goes, it was a clear and obvious observation.  If it felt like judgment to you, it may be for a reason.  Good luck with that.  I suggest you pray about it, but don't blame me for as I cast no judgment on anyone. 

Pot meet kettle.  You seem to think that you are a mind and soul reader.  You tell others to do some deep soul searching.  Often people who say that type of thing don't think they need to do the same.  Are you going to apply that to yourself as well?
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2014, 06:02:30 PM »

Pot meet kettle. 

You looked in the mirror and saw the problem?  Good for you!  It's the first step.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2014, 07:11:50 PM »

Blessed Lent, Kerdy. 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2014, 09:21:33 PM »

Blessed Lent, Kerdy. 

Thanks brother, you too!  But I did take out your Ash Wednesday picture.  It gives the appearance you're Catholic.  I wouldn't want anyone to make a false allegation toward you out of ignorance.

March 3rd does begin Lent in the Greek Orthodox Church.  April 20th is Pascha.  Prepare! angel
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2014, 09:27:54 PM »

So, you are a mind and soul reader now.  I bet you make tons of money from that job, or is it just a hobby?  If you paid attention, which apparently you didn't, I did not start those threads and I was attempting to calm the mindless, inaccurate, bitter, and some outright false statements revealing the vitriol which was being spewed.  Facts are pesky things, aren't they?  As far as judgment goes, it was a clear and obvious observation.  If it felt like judgment to you, it may be for a reason.  Good luck with that.  I suggest you pray about it, but don't blame me for as I cast no judgment on anyone.  

Blessed Lent, Kerdy.  

Thanks brother, you too!  But I did take out your Ash Wednesday picture.  It gives the appearance you're Catholic.  I wouldn't want anyone to make a false allegation toward you out of ignorance.
I think it's pretty clear on this forum that Mor Ephrem is Orthodox, clear enough that I don't foresee anyone making any false allegations toward him out of ignorance. Wink You, OTOH, I don't know about. You once identified yourself as Orthodox in your profile, but now you don't, and after reading all the pro-Catholic apologetics you recently posted, one could easily mistake you for a Catholic.

March 3rd does begin Lent in the Greek Orthodox Church.  April 20th is Pascha.  Prepare! angel
A good first step: You won't be able to post on this forum tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 09:28:19 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: