OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 24, 2014, 08:08:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recent developments  (Read 1121 times) Average Rating: 0
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« on: January 15, 2014, 11:27:31 AM »

The recent developments on this board have made me realize that I need to discontinue my activity on this board for the time being.  Please ban my account until I can think about things and decide if I ever want to return.  I'm sorry to those who I have offended in my time here.  I wish you all the very best.

Lord have mercy.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 11:30:48 AM »

Remember to not post any 'funny' or insulting stuff. There is something like a contain-conflict rule
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:32:09 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

"And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin
is pride that apes humility."
-Samuel Coleridge
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 12:30:08 PM »

Remember to not post any 'funny' or insulting stuff. There is something like a contain-conflict rule

What does contain-conflict rule mean here?

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 08:21:39 PM »

What does contain-conflict rule mean here?

I believe the rule being referenced here is, "Please be civil and keep conflict (provided it's on topic) within the thread it was posted in."

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 08:22:33 PM »

The recent developments on this board have made me realize that I need to discontinue my activity on this board for the time being.  Please ban my account until I can think about things and decide if I ever want to return.  I'm sorry to those who I have offended in my time here.  I wish you all the very best.

Lord have mercy.

FYI: The disgusting post directed at you was removed from the forum, and the user was banned.  I'm deeply sorry that someone addressed you in such a manner.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 09:59:20 PM »

So can Trisagion get his account banned as he asked?

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 10:06:12 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
LBK
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 10:11:02 PM »

Orthonorm, I am in contact with TheTrisagion. He needs a break from the forum following the vile slurs heaped on him and his family by Achronos/Shiny. His request for "banning" is simply an expression of his wish to not be tempted to log on.

ISTM you didn't get to see the thread that Achronos started, which got him banned, and which was, quite rightly, deleted soon after it was posted. I did. "Disgusting" doesn't even come close to describe it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:11:38 PM by LBK » Logged
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 10:14:45 PM »

Orthonorm, I am in contact with TheTrisagion. He needs a break from the forum following the vile slurs heaped on him and his family by Achronos/Shiny. His request for "banning" is simply an expression of his wish to not be tempted to log on.

ISTM you didn't get to see the thread that Achronos started, which got him banned, and which was, quite rightly, deleted soon after it was posted. I did. "Disgusting" doesn't even come close to describe it.

I am just wondering if mods will actually do such a thing. I know PtA moderated himself once, which was pretty awesome.

serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 01:32:45 AM »

We do not ban or delete accounts unless there are serious legal implications like harassment, stalking, etc.

If he doesn't want to be tempted to login, he could set up a firewall, he could change his password to a random password & then deleter the code, and when he wants to come back he could just email me, since I deal with logins, and I can manually give him a password. 

IOW, there's a lot of options. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 05:04:53 AM »

FYI: The disgusting post directed at you was removed from the forum, and the user was banned.  I'm deeply sorry that someone addressed you in such a manner.

Well, the TheTrisagion's post directed to Achronos was not nice either. Maybe it was his more official request for muting.
 You know better than to openly question or muse about moderation on these boards.  Your warning will last 30 days.

Pravoslavbob

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
LBK
Toumarches

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 06:11:49 AM »

Well, the TheTrisagion's post directed to Achronos was not nice either. Maybe it was his more official request for muting.

I saw Achronos' obscene OP before it was deleted. TheTrisagion's post, which contained a single four-letter-word, cannot be put in the same category.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 03:57:27 PM »

I saw Achronos' obscene OP before it was deleted. TheTrisagion's post, which contained a single four-letter-word, cannot be put in the same category.

Lord have mercy. I will pray for you that you may quickly forget what was written.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 03:59:47 PM »

Pray fir me , Maria, that I find out. I missed it apparently.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 04:02:29 PM »

I regret the same thing.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 04:31:32 PM »

I think I copied and pasted it.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 04:33:20 PM »

No it wasn't. And I think it remains for all to see, I'll have to check to see if it has been edited. I am not sure if you are allowed to call people such things or talk that way to them or not.

Really, I most offended in that thread by another user's posts. But I guess that is neither here nor there.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 02:43:14 PM »

Not missing much.
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 12:35:56 AM »

Some numbered thoughts.

1. I think Achronos, Aposphet, Achronos, Shiny is a good person and deep down a kind person.

2. It was obvious for the past few weeks that he was out of sorts (disturbed).

3. I could have PM'd him to find out what was going one but I did not because, due to the generational gap, I did not think I would be of much help.

4. In retrospect I should have tried and much of what has happened is my fault as well.

5. I did not reach out when I should have reached out.

6. I failed to follow Christ's clearest commandment.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 01:02:32 AM »

Some numbered thoughts.

1. I think Achronos, Aposphet, Achronos, Shiny is a good person and deep down a kind person.

3. I could have PM'd him to find out what was going one but I did not because, due to the generational gap, I did not think I would be of much help.

4. In retrospect I should have tried and much of what has happened is my fault as well.

Someone was at fault here and it was not you.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 01:03:16 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 01:12:06 AM »

Is there a reason that this is stickied now?  Huh

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 01:14:54 AM »

Is there a reason that this is stickied now?  Huh

Well I guess when a board boots one of its most prolific posters it is noteworthy for a while I guess. Maybe we will discuss the causes and conditions of the situation, so that good people like Opus doesn't suffer over their misplaced guilt.

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 01:22:38 AM »

Some numbered thoughts.

I tried to reach out to Shiny and a lot of people did. In the end he/she [whatever] made the decision to get banned. Plenty of warnings were issued beforehand. So, it was not your fault, Opus. People have free will, and there is nothing we can do to force them to be good or to stay at OC.net.

Know that I am praying for you.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 01:26:39 AM »

Some numbered thoughts.

I tried to reach out to Shiny and a lot of people did. In the end he/she [whatever] made the decision to get banned. Plenty of warnings were issued beforehand. So, it was not your fault, Opus. People have free will, and there is nothing we can do to force them to be good or to stay at OC.net.

Know that I am praying for you.

Shiny didn't need reaching out frankly. Just cause someone leaves oc.net doesn't mean they are falling apart, even if they go out guns a blazing. Now other people . . . He got what he deserved for his last post, a point obvious to anyone who read it, but there is that context you just can't ignore.

LBK
Toumarches

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 01:45:23 AM »

He got what he deserved for his last post, a point obvious to anyone who read it, but there is that context you just can't ignore.

Are you referring to the post which Cyrillic censored, or the OP in the thread Achronos started which targeted TheTrisagion, and which was swiftly and rightly pulled out of sight? If you're referring to the latter, then please explain the "context that cannot be ignored".
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 01:53:14 AM »

He got what he deserved for his last post, a point obvious to anyone who read it, but there is that context you just can't ignore.

Are you referring to the post which Cyrillic censored, or the OP in the thread Achronos started which targeted TheTrisagion, and which was swiftly and rightly pulled out of sight? If you're referring to the latter, then please explain the "context that cannot be ignored".

Since it can't be ignored, I doubt it needs explanation nor likely am I allowed to to those who can't see the obvious. I am confused lately about the rules here.

LBK
Toumarches

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 01:59:51 AM »

Since it can't be ignored, I doubt it needs explanation nor likely am I allowed to to those who can't see the obvious. I am confused lately about the rules here.

Could you please repost in plain, standard English? I can't make head or tail of what you just wrote.  Huh
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2014, 02:01:34 AM »

I saw the one marriage relationship thread that is now locked but remains public, along with the orthonorm relationship thread, but I didn't ever see anything of the now-privatized/hidden thread. I had PMd Shiny shortly before he was banned, asking what was going on with the now-hidden thread he'd made and the things I had been told (but not seen), but the ban came down before he could respond with more info. If the context is what he posted on the still-public threads then, as I told Shiny himself, I didn't really "get it". It just seemed like some kind of "A Modest Proposal" thing pushed too far, and I'm not sure what it was all about.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:02:49 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2014, 02:30:42 AM »

Could you please repost in plain, standard English? I can't make head or tail of what you just wrote.  Huh

You've shown a difficulty in understanding plain English lately, along with other, to the detriment of others.

My sentence is rather clear. No dropped words as I tend to do, not even an arguably superfluous comma.

LBK, here is something that would help you in the future, try reading more charitably, instead of taking what you can't at times understand as some personal affront.

LBK
Toumarches

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2014, 02:36:59 AM »

Could you please repost in plain, standard English? I can't make head or tail of what you just wrote.  Huh

You've shown a difficulty in understanding plain English lately, along with other, to the detriment of others.

My sentence is rather clear. No dropped words as I tend to do, not even an arguably superfluous comma.

LBK, here is something that would help you in the future, try reading more charitably, instead of taking what you can't at times understand as some personal affront.

Still have no idea what you're talking about. My comprehension of orthonormese is sadly lacking. Huh

Any chance you could at least answer my earlier post, at least the first part of it? Here it is again:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:37:24 AM by LBK » Logged
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2014, 02:38:19 AM »

Could you please repost in plain, standard English? I can't make head or tail of what you just wrote.  Huh

Still have no idea what you're talking about. My comprehension of orthonormese is sadly lacking. Huh

Any chance you could at least answer my earlier post, at least the first part of it? Here it is again:

It is clear to which post I am referring. And why do you care?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:38:32 AM by orthonorm » Logged

LBK
Toumarches

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2014, 02:44:56 AM »

I asked for clarity on your part. I've yet to receive it. My motives are none of your concern.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2014, 02:50:29 AM »

I am of the opinion that he wanted to go down in a blaze of glory. If that is the case, he certainly achieved that goal.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2014, 02:51:14 AM »

I asked for clarity on your part. I've yet to receive it. My motives are none of your concern.

It was rhetorical. They are clear enough. The clarity is there. Sorry if it pangs you a wee bit.

LBK
Toumarches

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2014, 02:53:44 AM »

It was rhetorical. They are clear enough. The clarity is there. Sorry if it pangs you a wee bit.

It's not a matter of "pangs", wee or otherwise. You still haven't explained the "context" bit for the, ahem, benefit of us mere mortals.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2014, 02:57:30 AM »

I am of the opinion that he wanted to go down in a blaze of glory. If that is the case, he certainly achieved that goal.

That part is correct to a degree as far as I know and given the voluminous contact I have from him, I know as well as any I suppose.

JamesR is growing up. Some interesting and clever young guy needs to come along tout suite to make this place somewhat interesting. Losing boring and tedious posters is not as good a losing interesting and engaging ones. A lesson I've learned and been reminded of recently.

I have hope in a few new posters, if they can stay out of moderation.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2014, 03:00:45 AM »

It's not a matter of "pangs", wee or otherwise. You still haven't explained the "context" bit for the, ahem, benefit of us mere mortals.

Are you that bored? LBK, look at what I said. Sheesh. I have no idea if I can cause I am sorta unsure about my understanding of the rules around here anymore. I said that. I need to reread the rules cause I've managed to skirt moderation a lot due to the fact I try to follow them to the letter and spirit in which they are meant.

Lately my understanding appears to be off or something. Commenting on the context might be violating either the letter or the spirit of the rules. But for those who can see clearly it is clear.

Quinault
Protokentarchos

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2014, 03:08:07 AM »

I've never done very well on all female forums. I tend to end up offending someone heartily, then leave because cat fights are only amusing for so long. I like intelligent debate. I don't like posturing and pointless insults for the sake of drama. The most intelligent people don't think they have to pound it into everyone how intelligent they are.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2014, 03:10:48 AM »

I've never done very well on all female forums. I tend to end up offending someone heartily, then leave because cat fights are only amusing for so long. I like intelligent debate. I don't like posturing and pointless insults for the sake of drama. The most intelligent people don't think they have to pound it into everyone how intelligent they are.

*Quinault's PM box breaks server as desperate men message her asking where such forums are*

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2014, 03:12:46 AM »

Are you that bored? LBK, look at what I said. Sheesh. I have no idea if I can cause I am sorta unsure about my understanding of the rules around here anymore. I said that. I need to reread the rules cause I've managed to skirt moderation a lot due to the fact I try to follow them to the letter and spirit in which they are meant.

Lately my understanding appears to be off or something. Commenting on the context might be violating either the letter or the spirit of the rules. But for those who can see clearly it is clear.
You two knock off this tit-for-tat. The Board News section is for the sharing of news that affects this board and nothing more. It is not the place for such petty bickering as seems to interest you two at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:35:54 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: