OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 20, 2014, 08:33:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I even trust the experience of people only married once?  (Read 2307 times) Average Rating: 0
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2014, 03:13:38 PM »

Oh and there are bonuses? I guess I can get onboard with that kind of a game.

And I was referencing a feminazi study about men who do household chores have more sex.

Frankly its woman's work, men got other things to do.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2014, 03:14:50 PM »

Why do I get the feeling that Aposophet here really, desperately wants to settle down with a nice girl and raise a couple of Corgis they take along with them when they go antiquing on the weekend, and is trying to talk himself out of it?

Also, I have an alternate theory that he's JamesR from the future.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:15:20 PM by Agabus » Logged

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2014, 03:19:30 PM »

Why do I get the feeling that Aposophet here really, desperately wants to settle down with a nice girl and raise a couple of Corgis they take along with them when they go antiquing on the weekend, and is trying to talk himself out of it?

You should know that I am fond of teacup yorkies. Come on Agabus, if you are gonna remember all my usernames get my biography right.

Sheeeeeeeesh.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:19:45 PM by Shiny » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2014, 03:21:11 PM »

LOL!!

That should pretty much bring this thread to a screeching halt. 

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2014, 03:24:05 PM »

That explains why people from the future don't use Twitter or Facebook.  It's better to be under the radar on OC.net.

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

Never cease to intercede for us, your children.

« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2014, 03:25:44 PM »

But dude when someone is saying things have changed to where cleaning out the grime from a bathtub gets you sexually aroused...you just gotta think what he ain't doing in the marriage.

All I'm saying.

Roll Eyes

Sorry the honesty flowing forth from my keyboard isn't to your standard, but I was being honest about good aspects of my marriage. If you want me to tell you all about our fights and struggles and weak spots, you're out of luck. I don't tell those even to family or friends, so I'm certainly not going to spill it for internet strangers.  Wink
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:30:46 PM by ZealousZeal » Logged

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2014, 03:27:02 PM »

Frankly its woman's work, men got other things to do.

Of course. Because nothing says True Manly ManTM like depending on one's wife for socks and long johns. Cheesy

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2014, 03:29:27 PM »

But dude when someone is saying things have changed to where cleaning out the grime from a bathtub gets you sexually aroused...you just gotta think what he ain't doing in the marriage.

All I'm saying.

a) I get to ogle his rump as he goes about his business.
b) It's one less job for me to do, hence more energy saved to be frisky.

All I'm saying. angel
Are you saying the husband doing the laundry gets more sex. Wink

And what energy? There are different positions for women just to lie back you know...
This has been my experience.  Wink

Lucky.  Never been mine.  Chicks under 30 just seem like they don't do any housework, and don't care if it doesn't get done.  No bonus points for a man who does it because it needs doing, she'll just expend energy on messing it all up again rather than rewarding the fruits of my labour.
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2014, 03:38:03 PM »

You should know that I am fond of teacup yorkies. Come on Agabus, if you are gonna remember all my usernames get my biography right.

Sheeeeeeeesh.
LOL, FWIW I like you, but I skip about a third of your posts. I'm sure it was in there somewhere.

When I see your posts, even though my eyes read "Shiny" my mind reads "Achronos." That's actually how I started the post,  but I realized my mistake and decided to go the other way.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2014, 03:42:38 PM »

Chicks under 30 just seem like they don't do any housework, and don't care if it doesn't get done.  No bonus points for a man who does it because it needs doing, she'll just expend energy on messing it all up again rather than rewarding the fruits of my labour.

+1

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2014, 03:43:56 PM »

All I'm saying.

All I'm saying. angel

And what energy? There are different positions for women just to lie back you know...

Lucky.  Never been mine.  Chicks under 30 just seem like they don't do any housework, and don't care if it doesn't get done.  No bonus points for a man who does it because it needs doing, she'll just expend energy on messing it all up again rather than rewarding the fruits of my labour.
See that is why sluts around that age dont have any real life skills. They dont know how to cook nor clean.

Ain't no man gonna make an honest or real woman out of her.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2014, 03:44:30 PM »

All I'm saying.

All I'm saying. angel

Marry a 65 year old.  She'll be able to cook and bake and sew and she has a pension.

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

Never cease to intercede for us, your children.

« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2014, 03:48:23 PM »

Marry a 65 year old.  She'll be able to cook and bake and sew and she has a pension.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2014, 03:53:24 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Laugh all you want, but when he gets a birthday card with five bucks, he'll thank me.

"Thank God for hecma925.  He was right."

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2014, 03:55:17 PM »

All I'm saying.

All I'm saying. angel

See that is why sluts around that age dont have any real life skills. They dont know how to cook nor clean.

There ya go with the "sluts" thing again.  Must you??  REALLY?!?  WHY?!?!? 

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2014, 03:58:03 PM »

I was thinking the same thing.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2014, 04:01:29 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

It would be funnier if I hadn't thought about it before.  Perhaps not as a wife, but I would definitely adopt an old widow who's natural children had abandoned her or something, supposing I had the g-money for any dependents.
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2014, 04:02:54 PM »

All I'm saying.

All I'm saying. angel

Solution: Stop dating sluts.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2014, 04:03:58 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

It would be funnier if I hadn't thought about it before.  Perhaps not as a wife, but I would definitely adopt an old widow who's natural children had abandoned her or something, supposing I had the g-money for any dependents.

You don't even have to do that.  Just be kind and visit often.  Help her with yard work.  She may just put you in her will.  At the very least make you a nice lunch after mowing the lawn and pruning trees.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2014, 04:04:52 PM »

All I'm saying.

All I'm saying. angel

There are legions of chumps out there plenty happy to be validated by the attraction of a good looking (if aged a bit) female.

Seriously chumps, find a young ugly chick who cleans and wants kids.  You'll make her day (year, life) and you might get something out of it.  You'll reap the rewards of superficiality to the tune of 50% divorce rape.
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2014, 04:29:32 PM »

I apologize for being so blunt (and late in joining this thread). If one asks the OP's question, one should not get married. Ever.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:30:34 PM by Carl Kraeff (Second Chance) » Logged

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2014, 04:37:55 PM »

I apologize for being so blunt (and late in joining this thread). If one asks the OP's question, one should not get married. Ever.
Please explain Carl.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
LBK
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2014, 09:12:59 PM »

All I'm saying.

All I'm saying. angel

Yet again, you disgust me, Achronos.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2014, 10:02:51 PM »

^ I agree. This is unseemly for a forum on Christ's Church.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2014, 10:05:13 PM »

Sheeeeeeeesh.
LOL, FWIW I like you, but I skip about a third of your posts. I'm sure it was in there somewhere.

When I see your posts, even though my eyes read "Shiny" my mind reads "Achronos." That's actually how I started the post,  but I realized my mistake and decided to go the other way.

Aren't Shiny and Achronos the same?

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2014, 10:06:20 PM »

All I'm saying.

All I'm saying. angel

He does it so that he'll never have to worry about getting married.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2014, 10:13:37 PM »

Sheeeeeeeesh.

Aren't Shiny and Achronos the same?

Yes, they are. As is Aposphet. My earlier post was intentionally worded.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2014, 10:35:44 PM »

Aren't there rules about a single person having multiple accounts/usernames?
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2014, 10:39:07 PM »

That's great your husband can take out the trash or cleanup. But he should do more. To me, there needs to be a level of initimacy between both. I think this is also crucial that your children are aware of this to, otherwise they will have distorted views on what a marriage is.

Uh, like you have?

Sounds like someone has a presupposed concept of marriage and relationships.

I don't know if you are aware of this, but good research doesn't go backward just to back up your assumption.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:40:04 PM by Quinault » Logged
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2014, 11:01:16 PM »

*** WARNING AVERT YOUR EYES IF YOU HAVE DELICATE SENSIBILITIES ***

Sex and passion have an entirely new meaning when you have been married, with children for some time. Once you have a certain number of kids, the phrase "The kids are asleep" can be an invitation if you catch my drift Wink I knew a young man that wanted to have hours long sexual escapades three times a day. And many a newly married couple can do precisely that. But there is a difference between those early escapades, and the sex later in marriage. After having the same partner for quite some time, things just get better.

I have met a lot of women though that have absolutely no skills in making a home. I blame in part the push for women to cast aside the skills of their grandmothers and "accomplish" something. The husbands will do much of the care of the home, the cooking, and work a full time job as well. I don't think that is right/fair to the husband.

My husband doesn't have a ton of time. He works full time, and he helps when he can. I stayed up until 7 AM with our 7 month old last night. When I woke to the dishes being clean, I was happy beyond belief. He knew that it would be hard to manage the 7 month old, make dinner from scratch, and everything else given how tired I was. Doing the dishes was the most loving thing he could have done. It meant far more to me than a bouquet of flowers on the counter. If I was incapable of keeping our home, we wouldn't have 6 children. But there are certainly times when I need help.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:05:06 PM by Quinault » Logged
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2014, 11:55:15 PM »

Where is everyone's disdain when vamrat uses the same language and worse frankly? He is the one IIRC that first started writing slut here. Or I could be wrong. Let's see:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.orthodoxchristianity.net%2Fforum%2F+slut

Maybe Isa or Kerdy beat him to it. No idea why google loves to index the mobile version of this site.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2014, 11:57:20 PM »

Just looked at this thread. It is rather unseemly. It would be great if certain users didn't broadcast their weird sexual proclivities every fourth post. Thanks.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2014, 11:58:46 PM »

A lot of WIN though thanks to hecma925 and agabus. I am dying laughing. Future JamesR! Brilliant.

LBK
Merarches

« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2014, 11:59:35 PM »

Where is everyone's disdain when vamrat uses the same language and worse frankly? He is the one IIRC that first started writing slut here. Or I could be wrong. Let's see:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.orthodoxchristianity.net%2Fforum%2F+slut

Maybe Isa or Kerdy beat him to it. No idea why google loves to index the mobile version of this site.

Some of us have been reporting such posts. What happens as a result is then out of our hands.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2014, 12:08:54 AM »

Some of us have been reporting such posts. What happens as a result is then out of our hands.

And if people can't see that whoever or whatever Achronos is today isn't satirizing that fact should read a little more closely.

Isa says worse about his own wife. vamrat, *, and company turned the relationship thread in a pit of misogyny. But hey posting hyperbole about the way many men, and women it seems, think around here is disgusting.

Really, this is one of the harshest places I've seen towards women and I've seen some pretty far out stuff on the internet. At least the other places don't dress up their hateful and resentful language in the language of religion and relationship pragmatics.

Really, this thread is nothing compared to the guy who used to post here who bragged about his foreign acquired bride and benefits of "having" one versus a Western woman. He would also go on about "beta" males.

Oh, one last thing, I would say that at least three posters in good faith in this thread revealed some concerning problems in their marriages. They should note those problems, which they think are strengths, and thank whoever started the thread for getting that stuff out into the air.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2014, 12:09:32 AM »

Really,

LBK
Merarches

« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2014, 12:14:37 AM »

Isa says worse about his own wife.

Isa has been divorced for years now.  police
Pravoslavbob
Archon

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2014, 12:26:50 AM »

Just looked at this thread. It is rather unseemly. It would be great if certain users didn't broadcast their weird sexual proclivities every fourth post. Thanks.

Did someone die recently and make you an arbiter of conduct on this forum before their untimely demise?

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2014, 12:30:38 AM »

Did someone die recently and make you an arbiter of conduct on this forum before their untimely demise?

Should this post of yours be seen as condoning the language and behavior on this thread which have been found objectionable by some who have voiced their objection? I might add that there are likely others who also feel things have gone too far.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:32:27 AM by LBK » Logged
Pravoslavbob
Archon

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2014, 12:34:11 AM »

Should this post of yours be seen as condoning the language and behavior on this thread which have been found objectionable by some who have voiced their objection? I might add that there are likely others who also feel things have gone too far.

No, it should not be seen that way.

LBK
Merarches

« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2014, 12:40:46 AM »

Then what were you trying to say?
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2014, 12:51:25 AM »

I'm probably sociopathic, but none of this romanticized misery about bathtubs and suffering together really appeases me at all. Quite frankly, I don't see what is so joyous about a "loving relationship" or whatever it is that so many people desire. My ideal life would be being a single man forever with no kids or family, only coming out of my solitude every once in a while to satisfy my carnal desires. I don't care about the emotion or "intimacy" or "love" stuff that people talk about.

People around me often can't imagine living life alone, whereas I can't imagine living life a social creature with a family and all that other stuff. My solitude in a way almost makes me feel godlike--like I'm the master of my own destiny or something. My only desire for human interaction would be to satisfy my carnal desires; otherwise, I think I'd enjoy solitude very much.

This will be interesting to bring up at therapy.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:52:34 AM by JamesR » Logged

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Pravoslavbob
Archon

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2014, 12:53:29 AM »

Then what were you trying to say?

I think It's pretty self-evident.

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2014, 05:25:50 AM »

Aren't there rules about a single person having multiple accounts/usernames?

It was a special case. He did a public apology and all that stuff. Not that given time I treat it seriously.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2014, 05:32:06 AM »

I'm probably sociopathic, but none of this romanticized misery about bathtubs and suffering together really appeases me at all. Quite frankly, I don't see what is so joyous about a "loving relationship" or whatever it is that so many people desire. My ideal life would be being a single man forever with no kids or family, only coming out of my solitude every once in a while to satisfy my carnal desires. I don't care about the emotion or "intimacy" or "love" stuff that people talk about.

People around me often can't imagine living life alone, whereas I can't imagine living life a social creature with a family and all that other stuff. My solitude in a way almost makes me feel godlike--like I'm the master of my own destiny or something. My only desire for human interaction would be to satisfy my carnal desires; otherwise, I think I'd enjoy solitude very much.

This will be interesting to bring up at therapy.

That's because you're still young enough to believe the world revolves around you. It's just a phase, it will pass.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: