OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 03:20:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I even trust the experience of people only married once?  (Read 2182 times) Average Rating: 0
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2014, 06:10:26 AM »

Aren't there rules about a single person having multiple accounts/usernames?

It was a special case. He did a public apology and all that stuff. Not that given time I treat it seriously.

I hope the admin and mods are taking his recent behavior into account as to whether their continued leniency is wise. I haven't been on this site in months. But the difference in his posting is striking to say the least.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:10:54 AM by Quinault » Logged
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2014, 06:34:48 AM »

I see nothing in his current posting style that breaks the rules. Wrong, gross, misguided, appalling, immature, controversial, backward... sure. Not rule-breaking however. He testifies about himself with such posts.  I think this is the severest punishment one could imagine.

If there are posts you think break the rules, report them or something.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:36:34 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2014, 06:39:21 AM »

There ya go with the "sluts" thing again.  Must you??  REALLY?!?  WHY?!?!? 

Why are people so upset every time Achronos uses that word?

On a OC.net diet.
LBK
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2014, 06:42:17 AM »

Are you unaware as to why many people find this word offensive?
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2014, 06:44:40 AM »

I'm not upset. I feel sorry because it's him that epithet fits most if one starts to treat his posting seriously.

I'm probably sociopathic, but none of this romanticized misery about bathtubs and suffering together really appeases me at all. Quite frankly, I don't see what is so joyous about a "loving relationship" or whatever it is that so many people desire. My ideal life would be being a single man forever with no kids or family, only coming out of my solitude every once in a while to satisfy my carnal desires. I don't care about the emotion or "intimacy" or "love" stuff that people talk about.

People around me often can't imagine living life alone, whereas I can't imagine living life a social creature with a family and all that other stuff. My solitude in a way almost makes me feel godlike--like I'm the master of my own destiny or something. My only desire for human interaction would be to satisfy my carnal desires; otherwise, I think I'd enjoy solitude very much.

Dude, make up your mind. At least for a week straight.

Damn. I promised to myself never to open threads about relationships and women started by Achronos or JamesR.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:46:32 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2014, 06:45:07 AM »

Yes. Perhaps it would be offensive if the word was directly adressed at a specific person, but I don't understand why it's offensive in this particular context. That's the bane of being a non-native speaker, I suppose.

I feel sorry because it's him that epithet fits most if one starts to treat his posting seriously.

That's probably true.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:45:47 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

On a OC.net diet.
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2014, 06:49:38 AM »

Yes. Perhaps it would be offensive if the word was directly adressed at a specific person, but I don't understand why it's offensive in this particular context. That's the bane of being a non-native speaker, I suppose.

Shiny/Achronos used the word to refer to a whole class of women, namely the under-30s of marriageable age. Its use is just as offensive in this context as if it were used for a specific individual. Moreover, other grossly derogatory comments about these women were made.
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2014, 06:52:48 AM »

Ah, I see. But, to be honest, he said "sluts around that age". He didn't say that every women aged 30 was a slut and I suppose that wasn't what he meant either. I could be wrong, though.

On a OC.net diet.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2014, 06:55:52 AM »

Shiny/Achronos used the word to refer to a whole class of women, namely the under-30s of marriageable age. Its use is just as offensive in this context as if it were used for a specific individual. Moreover, other grossly derogatory comments about these women were made.

He makes derogatory comments about women. You make derogatory comments about people who paint bad (according to your personal standards) icons. The difference is what exactly?

Why do you want him banned from stating up his mind while you (and everyone else) could be allowed it? If the rule was implemented that only nice things can be written here, your presence on the forum would be limited because of all those posts in the icon threads.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:57:29 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2014, 06:59:20 AM »

Ah, I see. But, to be honest, he said "sluts around that age". He didn't say that every women aged 30 was a slut and I suppose that wasn't what he meant either. I could be wrong, though.

Here is what vamrat wrote:

Lucky.  Never been mine.  Chicks under 30 just seem like they don't do any housework, and don't care if it doesn't get done.  No bonus points for a man who does it because it needs doing, she'll just expend energy on messing it all up again rather than rewarding the fruits of my labour.

Shiny's reply:

See that is why sluts around that age dont have any real life skills. They dont know how to cook nor clean. Ain't no man gonna make an honest or real woman out of her.

Vamrat made a generalization. Shiny made that generalization undeniably offensive by labeling these women as sluts and dishonorable.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2014, 07:01:32 AM »

Vamrat made a generalization. Shiny made that generalization undeniably offensive by labeling these women as sluts and dishonorable.

Not quite. Achronos wrote that sluts that are 30 do this and that. He did not mention (at least in the posts you quoted) all women uner 30 are sluts.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2014, 07:12:14 AM »

He makes derogatory comments about women. You make derogatory comments about people who paint bad (according to your personal standards) icons. The difference is what exactly?

I base my criticism of individuals who paint uncanonical icons on sound and verifiable Orthodox tradition.  I have distinguished between honest ignorance, and willful disregard of tradition in the painting of images unsuitable for veneration. I criticize their works, not their person, and I have certainly never called anyone anything remotely resembling what Achronos/Shiny has called those women.

Why do you want him banned from stating up his mind while you (and everyone else) could be allowed it? If the rule was implemented that only nice things can be written here, your presence on the forum would be limited because of all those posts in the icon threads.

Putting words in other people's mouths is bad form, Michal. Show me where I have demanded for Achronos/Shiny to be banned.

As for my posts criticizing certain people who call themselves iconographers, show me where I have used smear or bad language in any of them. I also stand by my criticism of their work, including if I were in their presence.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2014, 07:27:31 AM »

I see nothing in his current posting style that breaks the rules. Wrong, gross, misguided, appalling, immature, controversial, backward... sure. Not rule-breaking however. He testifies about himself with such posts.  I think this is the severest punishment one could imagine.

If there are posts you think break the rules, report them or something.

My point isn't that he is breaking rules or needs to be banned.

My point is that if someone does something offensive in my home, apologizes, then proceeds to be rude/offensive, I get the impression that the apology wasn't sincere.

To be more crass; You don't take a dump on someone's living-room floor, apologize, then do it again.

I would hope that this behavior would be taken into consideration should he decide to escalate his behavior.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:28:45 AM by Quinault » Logged
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2014, 07:32:49 AM »

I base my criticism of individuals who paint uncanonical icons on sound and verifiable Orthodox tradition. I have distinguished between honest ignorance, and willful disregard of tradition in the painting of images unsuitable for veneration.

Yeah, right.

I criticize their works, not their person, and I have certainly never called anyone anything remotely resembling what Achronos/Shiny has called those women.

Yeah, right.

Ah, one of my "favourite" recent additions to my schlock file. The Mother of God is showing the way to the soccer pitch of salvation, and Christ is the Holy Goalie. It's so absurd and stupid that I'd normally be laughing my socks off at it. But I can't - not when this travesty was blessed by an Orthodox priest .... WHAT POSSESSED HIM??

Apparently accusing priests of being possessed is OK.

Putting words in other people's mouths is bad form, Michal. Show me where I have demanded for Achronos/Shiny to be banned.

I meant you wanted mods to stop him posting his opinion about women.

I would hope that this behavior would be taken into consideration should he decide to escalate his behavior.

If you say you do not want him warned why his behaviour should be a concern of moderators? Either he breaks the rules or he doesn't. If he breaks, then report the posts and mods will do something about it (or won't). If they do not, there is nothing for mods to do with him and "take into consideration".
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:33:44 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2014, 07:33:58 AM »

Obviously *something* was taken into consideration since he wasn't banned for the multiple accounts in the past.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2014, 07:37:20 AM »

Obviously *something* was taken into consideration since he wasn't banned for the multiple accounts in the past.

But AFAIK he does not have them now. And he was punished for that (not as severely as he could be but he was - IIRC he was moderated for the longest time possible). Do you want him to be punished for multiple accounts he had 2 years ago or so again or what?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:43:29 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Santagranddad
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2014, 07:41:09 AM »

Forgive me, I have just caught the last few posts. As an old fart I might have all sorts of unfashionable notions but they do not include the righting off of young women and girls automatically as "sluts", or completely lacking in domestic skills. If youngsters do lack domestic skills it may be that they were never taught them. Should we then blame the youngster?

An elderly neighbour, now sadly dead, was so ill with COPD that he could do little for himself. The lady across the road did his shopping and the 15 year old daughter his cleaning. Their commitment was humbling.

As for virtue or its' lack, some may behave badly in an obvious way while others may hide behind a veneer of piety. Only God really knows what is in our hearts.
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2014, 07:45:23 AM »

Yeah, right.

If my criticism of their "icons" is not based on a proper Orthodox foundation, then you'll need to come up with your own cogent evidence and reasoning from Orthodox tradition as to why I am wrong in my conclusions. To date, you have not done so. All you do is clutch at straws and throw out useless one-liners.

I criticize their works, not their person, and I have certainly never called anyone anything remotely resembling what Achronos/Shiny has called those women.

Yeah, right.

You made an allegation against me, you're obliged to back it up.

Apparently accusing priests of being possessed is OK.

I'm aware that English is not your first language. "What possessed him?" means the same as "what got into him?", or "what made him do such a thing?". It does not mean that he is demon-possessed.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:45:52 AM by LBK » Logged
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2014, 07:49:23 AM »

But AFAIK he does not have them now. And he was punished for that (not as severely as he could be but he was - IIRC he was moderated for the longest time possible). Do you want him to be punished for multiple accounts he had 2 years ago or so again or what?

Not my point, nor my goal Michal. It is altogether interesting how much caustic and rude behavior is more acceptable now that it was in the past. Shocking really. This certainly isn't the same site it was when I joined back in 2007. I can't say the change is altogether for the better.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2014, 07:59:17 AM »

You made an allegation against me, you're obliged to back it up.

I did.  Another ones: accusing a priest of egotism:

But what makes the icon holy, the person who makes it or the one who uses it for fervent prayer?

The spiritual condition and intent of the painter forms a great part of the holiness or otherwise of the icon. An artist who does not submit to what the Church teaches and espouses cannot paint a worthy icon, no matter how "beautiful" the end result might be. Orthodox iconographers are not immune from the egotism of self-expression overriding church teachings, of the subjective overtaking the objective. The image known as The Ark of Salvation, discussed elsewhere on this forum, is a case in point, a propaganda piece painted by a skilled hand. Another example is Fr Stamatios Skliris, an Orthodox priest who has painted some truly execrable images he calls icons. His St Nicholas the Helmsman and St Andrew Just Prior to His Martyrdom are typical examples of this willful approach.

Not my point, nor my goal Michal.

So what do you want exactly? Can't you ignore him?

It is altogether interesting how much caustic and rude behavior is more acceptable now that it was in the past. Shocking really. This certainly isn't the same site it was when I joined back in 2007. I can't say the change is altogether for the better.

Not my observation.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2014, 08:05:25 AM »

I did.  Another ones: accusing a priest of egotism:

Then do you have a better word to describe someone who is willfully disobedient to Church traditions and canons on iconography, yet continues to promote himself as an "authority on iconography"?
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2014, 08:07:22 AM »

Then do you have a better word to describe someone who is willfully disobedient to Church traditions and canons on iconography, yet continues to promote himself as an "authority on iconography"?

LBK?

Fine enough. I've proved you criticize specified persons here with not nice language (which is even worse that what you accuse Achronos of). Why won't you start to care about your posts more than about his then? Why won't you suggest you should be stopped from doing so?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:08:25 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2014, 08:07:36 AM »

Quinault are you going to let me clarify or bring up this dead horse of multiple accounts?

I appreciate Michal responding, and thanks.

LBK is wrong. I'll reply more in depth later.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2014, 08:13:10 AM »

LBK?

Fine enough. I've proved you criticize specified persons here with not nice language (which is even worse that what you accuse Achronos of). Why won't you start to care about your posts more than about his then? Why won't you suggest you should be stopped from doing so?

I can back up what I have said about the errant iconographers, and I would not hesitate to repeat such statements in a public lecture, a book, or in the presence of the people I have criticized.

OTOH, Achronos smears and insults an entire age group of women, calling them lazy and immoral, and without foundation. If you can't see the difference between the two, Michal ....
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2014, 08:15:37 AM »

Exactly but I am being even more specific.

I have to charge my phone before it dies to respond further.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2014, 08:18:43 AM »

OTOH, Achronos smears and insults an entire age group of women, calling them lazy and immoral, and without foundation.

"Sluts under 30" is an entire group of woman. Same as "Fr. Skliris" is a group of people too (consisting of one). He calls the former " lazy and immoral, and without foundation". You call the latter "egoistic".

If you can't see the difference between the two, Michal ....

The only one difference I see is that it's you not him. You believe that everything you do is right even despite sometimes calling it wrong when done by another one person. This is the biggest problem with you.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2014, 08:24:17 AM »

Regarding the question of this threads title...

Who better to trust than someone in a successful marriage?  Let me ask you, would you take career advice from someone who has been fired multiple times or the guy who has been with the company for years and promoted?  The successful guy, right!  Same thing.
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2014, 08:25:49 AM »

Same as "Fr. Skliris" is a group of people too (consisting of one)

Since when is a single individual a group of people, Michal? Clutching at straws ....
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2014, 08:27:59 AM »

Since when is a single individual a group of people, Michal?

Since Mathematics was invented.

Clutching at straws ....

Oh, so your bad behaviour is "straws" now.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2014, 08:32:52 AM »

Clutching at straws ....

You're only embarrassing yourself further with what you have said. Not that you're likely to take advice from anyone, least of all from me.
Kerdy
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2014, 08:42:28 AM »

Clutching at straws ....

You're only embarrassing yourself further with what you have said. Not that you're likely to take advice from anyone, least of all from me.
Singular plus nothing is plural.  Makes sense to me. Undecided
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2014, 08:47:15 AM »

Clutching at straws ....

Singular plus nothing is plural.  Makes sense to me. Undecided
1+0=10 when I was three years old.

TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2014, 09:22:30 AM »

I feel sorry because it's him that epithet fits most if one starts to treat his posting seriously.

That's probably true.
We Americans take offense to everything.  It is a national past time.   

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2014, 09:23:48 AM »

*bleep*

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:46:55 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2014, 09:39:14 AM »

*bleep*

Yet one more prove you do it just for seeking attention and not for any serious reason whatsoever.

And this time you did not keep the rules.

Can't we just ignore his trolling and wish he would leave as no one would be taking care of and feeding him?

As Quinalt noted while some (a few but there were) of his posts used to be merithoric and serious in the past for last several months none was.

edit:

I appreciate Michal responding, and thanks.

It was my pleasure.

I see nothing in his current* posting style that breaks the rules. Wrong, gross, misguided, appalling, immature, controversial, backward... sure. Not rule-breaking however. He testifies about himself with such posts.  I think this is the severest punishment one could imagine.

I'm not upset. I feel sorry because it's him that epithet fits most if one starts to treat his posting seriously.

*Not counting the last one.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:53:18 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »

*bleep*

Yet one more prove you do it just for seeking attention and not for any serious reason whatsoever.

And this time you did not keep the rules.

Can't we just ignore his trolling and wish he would go as no one would be taking care of him?

As Quinalt noted while some (a few but there were) of his posts used to be merithoric and serious in the past for last several months none was.
Sorry, it was more of a question for LBK.

Where I come from, someone who has a lot of promiscious sex is a slut and I'll explain further why this matters when it comes to dating and relationships.

Unlike the desperate men on this board who will take any woman he can, I have certain criteria and standards that very few women can measure up to.

That the men here who get defensive and play the white knight, are only doing so to rationalize their own worth and their partner's.

If you actually read what I write here and in the other thread, I was quite clear where I stood and that it's not something you can argue with.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:53:25 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2014, 09:50:54 AM »

Good heavens.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:51:36 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

On a OC.net diet.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2014, 09:55:58 AM »

Where I come from, someone who has a lot of promiscious sex is a slut and I'll explain further why this matters when it comes to dating and relationships.

Nice.

Not sure if this goes here or Family forum, but incase this gets political I'm posting it here.

Can I get some statistics/information on why cohabiting before marriage is bad. Or why it's bad in your opinion?

I know it's the Church's position to frown on such but I'd like to back that up with some data.

Anyone want to debunk (if its possible) that adage "Well we want to live together first to see how it goes" or my favorite "Well why is marriage any different from a relationship of bf and gf"

EDIT: To add a little more content to that second question. I think marriage is alot different than a relationship because you have to handle it on its great and worst, and you are one person. From my own experience, that distinguishing line between married and not married was blurred anytime I cohabited with another person. You have to take up more "husbandry" roles.

I've had girls move in with me that never worked out because honestly we were never married! There were things that I had to do which stepped right into the husband domain, something I did not want. Saying "Well we aren't even married!" to certain things ended relationships pretty quick. I was pretty sucked into that idea that couples should move in together before getting married to "try it out" but what ends up happening is neither party is really all that "obligated" to one another the way a married couple is. Or atleast I ain't.

Remember it's not premarital sex if you don't plan on getting married.

I'm having a difficult time with this one, everytime I want to get away from the temptation I fall for it with my girlfriend. It's hard a "habit" to break because I hold sex as an act of love (I guess that's another notion I need to get rid of) and I do partake of it on a regular, if not daily, basis.

Just not sure what I can do to get out of it. I know by God's grace but the connection with my girlfriend and I is so much more immmediate than it is with God.

But anyway, Jeff it doesn't matter if I have never been married. I have cohabited with women before to know what it is like. That's why I am against cohabitation, because the lines between marriage and a relationship are blurred. You gotta take up on more husband roles.

So when people would joke I'm a married man because a girl is living with me, they aren't so far off.

So how are you being called, hmm?

If you actually read what I write here and in the other thread, I was quite clear where I stood and that it's not something you can argue with.

Indeed. So why do you argue with yourself?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:00:13 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #173 on: January 15, 2014, 09:56:03 AM »

There are legions of chumps out there plenty happy to be validated by the attraction of a good looking (if aged a bit) female.

Seriously chumps, find a young ugly chick who cleans and wants kids.  You'll make her day (year, life) and you might get something out of it.  You'll reap the rewards of superficiality to the tune of 50% divorce rape.
Or you can have a wife that is both attractive and all of the other great qualities in a woman.

What the women on here make the mistake of when I say "slut" is I am not degrading women or finding them lesser than men.

If they actually read instead of being appalled, they will know I elevate women higher than men. But just like men, women in my eyes have to meet certain requirements to be on the "pedastal".

A woman that is chaste and maintaining her virginity until marriage or until she meets me, but also exhibiting all the wonderful feminie qualities of a woman will evoke nothing but awe and respect from me.

Those are the women we need to bring forth to the center and give them the attention they rightfully deserve. As a society, we make an example out of the women that have no disregard for their bodies and themselves, but wrongly think this is how it should be...or atleast what the male wants.

We need to change that, and go back to when being a virgin was much much more valued.

Now people will argue, well wait a second Shiny couldn't a woman have a lot of sex then decide to have serious monogamous relationships that last a long time? Sure, but at that point it is too late. Your late teens and early twenties are really the prime time to developing real interests that last over the long term let alone developing adult skills such as cooking, have a decent taste in music, cultivating class, engaging in more fortituious intellectual pursuits, cleaning, etc.

And most of those sluts that are reformed to be in relationships now, don't have the skills above. All they can really do is certain things in the bedroom and talk insistantly.

We need to back to really valuing the best qualities of a woman because after all they can be the most beautiful thing God has ever created.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #174 on: January 15, 2014, 09:58:00 AM »

Why can't my question to LBK stand? I am asking if having promiscious sex makes that woman a slut. It's a yes or no answer.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #175 on: January 15, 2014, 09:59:36 AM »

Why can't my question to LBK stand? I am asking if having promiscious sex makes that woman a slut. It's a yes or no answer.

Several people read it as a gross insult instead of a question and were disgusted by it. It was very poorly phrased at best.

On a OC.net diet.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #176 on: January 15, 2014, 10:00:34 AM »

Several people read it as a gross insult instead of a question and were disgusted by it. It was very poorly phrased at best.
I think it is important that I make clear exactly what I mean by it.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #177 on: January 15, 2014, 10:01:02 AM »

Two non-native speakers of English obviously misread Shiny's censored quote. I was going to point it out to Michal but it seem as though a non-native speaker who is a mod read it the same way. It wasn't calling LBK something, it was asking her whether a statement were true. There was a comma dropped, that's all.

Cyrrilic, Greek is a hard language.

Yes or no.

I am not calling you a hard language or Greek here. FWIW.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:01:33 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #178 on: January 15, 2014, 10:01:41 AM »

Also this is for EVERYONE:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,55990.msg1062775.html#msg1062775

If you have any problems with the above and my views on women, please quote and respond.

Really the above should cause no offense or insult. I hope I have been clear and not as disgusting as few make me out to be.
Because of another thread you started (which has since been moved to a place where it cannot be viewed by forum members)  in which you viciously and slanderously attacked another poster and his family using imagery and language completely unsuitable for a Christian forum, you are hereby placed on post moderation for 99 days.  Mutiing is likely to follow shortly.

Pravoslavbob
Non-religious topics moderator
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:27:17 PM by Pravoslavbob » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #179 on: January 15, 2014, 10:01:59 AM »

I think it is important that I make clear exactly what I mean by it.

Just ask the question and phrase it in such a way that it doesn't look like an insult to LBK. Several persons read it as an insult to LBK.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:02:21 AM by Cyrillic » Logged

On a OC.net diet.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: