Author Topic: For debate, for fun, for info, for whatever- just sharing  (Read 656 times)

Offline yeshuaisiam

• Protokentarchos
  • A pulling horse cannot kick.
For debate, for fun, for info, for whatever- just sharing
« on: January 03, 2014, 08:40:50 PM »
http://judeochristianchurch.com/will-ariel-sharons-death-precede-the-coming-of-yeshua/

I like stuff like the above link, and think some of you may find it interesting, silly, or something more. 

For me it was interesting to see a Jew of high importance to say the messiah's name is Yeshua (iesus in Greek, Jesus in English).  As for the prophecy, it's interesting to me at least.   Namely because here we have a Jew speaking the name of the Messiah, yet most Jews make fun of Jesus.  As for the prophecy, IF (giving a lot here) he is correct, would not this be the anti-Christ?

Discuss?
I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
Re: For debate, for fun, for info, for whatever- just sharing
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 08:44:41 PM »
My grandmother's death was a "preceding event to the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ".  She died and he has yet to return. 
The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Offline yeshuaisiam

• Protokentarchos
  • A pulling horse cannot kick.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 09:05:13 PM »
My grandmother's death was a "preceding event to the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ".  She died and he has yet to return. 

May her memory be eternal!

Yes... The prophecy is kind of weird and easy to come up with.   He's talking "shortly after the death", but "shortly" can be anything.

The strange thing to me is he named the Christian messiah!   You know that room had a few open mouths that remained locked open for a good long while.  :D

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com

Offline Nephi

• Protokentarchos
  • A non-Chalcedonian in Chalcedonian clothing.
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 09:46:57 PM »
I remember reading something about this "messiah will be Yeshua" a couple years ago. My reaction then and now is mostly just indifference.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 10:12:04 PM »
YiM,

On behalf of my grandma and me, thank you.

The strange thing to me is he named the Christian messiah!   You know that room had a few open mouths that remained locked open for a good long while.  :D

The problem I have (one of several, but this is what comes to mind now) with this is that our Lord's name is a fairly common name.  When the person identified "Yeshua" as "Messiah", did he really have in mind "Jesus Christ", or that God's anointed would be named Josh? 
The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline J Michael

• Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
  • Toumarches
  • Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!
  • Faith: Cafeteria CHRISTIAN Heretic
  • Jurisdiction: Here and now (well...sometimes...)
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 03:40:59 PM »
YiM,

On behalf of my grandma and me, thank you.

The problem I have (one of several, but this is what comes to mind now) with this is that our Lord's name is a fairly common name.  When the person identified "Yeshua" as "Messiah", did he really have in mind "Jesus Christ", or that God's anointed would be named Josh? 

My son's name is Josh.   Uh oh............!! ;D :o ;D  :o  (The implications are mind boggling.  Okay...maybe not.... 8). )
"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 03:56:26 PM »
My son's name is Josh.   Uh oh............!! ;D :o ;D  :o  (The implications are mind boggling.  Okay...maybe not.... 8). )

Hopefully you're not the Robert Thorn to his Damien.  :P

Offline J Michael

• Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
  • Toumarches
  • Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!
  • Faith: Cafeteria CHRISTIAN Heretic
  • Jurisdiction: Here and now (well...sometimes...)
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 10:59:38 AM »

Hopefully you're not the Robert Thorn to his Damien.  :P

Yeah..me too!  For one, he's my natural-born, biological son.  And his name is Joshua, not Damien.  And we do not lead fictional lives--at least I don't think we do.  Anyway....he's just an ordinary guy doing ordinary stuff.  Like his dad. 8)  Diplomacy has never been my strong point  ;D.
"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)