OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 02:21:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EO youtuber causing friction amongst OO and EO need help  (Read 845 times) Average Rating: 0
raffisx

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Apostolic Church

« on: January 01, 2014, 07:02:55 PM »

Good morning Brothers and sisters in faith blessings to you all in Christs name.

I know this may not be a big issues for some of you and may be shunned , but there is a EO YouTuber who seems to be very Anti Armenian and Anti OO . and is causing friction and actually blasphemous in some of his comments .

my theology is not so strong and can't argue with facts and was hoping some of you may be able to spare some time and either have our EO brothers talk to this guy and get him to tone down a bit .

I understand there are differences in theology between the EO and OO teachings , but when it becomes an attack on ones national identity especially for us Armenians who are Chocked by all sides destroyed , looted , killed and yet when have brothers of the same faith sitting idly by and allowing the destruction and defaming of one of the oldest Christian races which still exists till this day after all the wars it has seen , i see this no different as being converted to Islam or beheaded .

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMistAnchorite?feature=watch

Regards
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 07:03:46 PM by raffisx » Logged
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »

Georgians and Armenians do not get on well with each other. What's so surprising?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 07:17:06 PM »

I know this guy, he is everywhere on YouTube. I think he is german, or at least german-speaking.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 07:17:17 PM by Ansgar » Logged

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Pharaoh714

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Rite

Lord Have Mercy! Christ Save me.

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 07:58:59 PM »

Good morning Brothers and sisters in faith blessings to you all in Christs name.

I know this may not be a big issues for some of you and may be shunned , but there is a EO YouTuber who seems to be very Anti Armenian and Anti OO . and is causing friction and actually blasphemous in some of his comments .

my theology is not so strong and can't argue with facts and was hoping some of you may be able to spare some time and either have our EO brothers talk to this guy and get him to tone down a bit .

I understand there are differences in theology between the EO and OO teachings , but when it becomes an attack on ones national identity especially for us Armenians who are Chocked by all sides destroyed , looted , killed and yet when have brothers of the same faith sitting idly by and allowing the destruction and defaming of one of the oldest Christian races which still exists till this day after all the wars it has seen , i see this no different as being converted to Islam or beheaded .

Regards

This guy still calls us Copts Heretics and Monophasite because we dont believe in the Humanity of Christ... LOL

He also called the Patriarch of Alexandria (Greek Orthodox) a Heretic

"If I say, "My foot slips," Your mercy, O LORD, will hold me up. In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul." Psalm 94:18-19
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 08:03:22 PM »

Regards

This guy still calls us Copts Heretics and Monophasite because we dont believe in the Humanity of Christ... LOL

He also called the Patriarch of Alexandria (Greek Orthodox) a Heretic

Exactly.  Just another know-it-all clown with a webcam who actually doesn't know much at all.  Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

"According to the Orthodox Faith, the teachings and traditions one upholds and believes in will necessarily influence and inform one's spiritual orientation and the way one worships..." - Harry Boosalis
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 08:05:00 PM »

I know this guy, he is everywhere on YouTube. I think he is german, or at least german-speaking.
I think he's Romanian. A d although the OO aren't anywhere close to being  an issue in Romania his rhetoric is quite typical of a certain type of zealotry going on there.
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 08:15:08 PM »

I think he's Romanian. A d although the OO aren't anywhere close to being  an issue in Romania his rhetoric is quite typical of a certain type of zealotry going on there.

Oh, now when you mention it, he did post a video about romanian old calendarists, so you're probably right.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Salpy
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 08:26:51 PM »

I wouldn't be too bothered by him.  The only people who will give him credibility are those who already think like him.

There is a thread about him somewhere in the private forum, which is where we have our polemical discussions.  I think a couple of years ago, a Copt from OCnet sent him a message that was friendly and Christian in nature, and that caused him to delete a lot of his unfriendly videos.  It seems, though, he's back at it.  Too bad.

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 08:41:29 PM »

It was Copticyouth93 who sent him the message:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,34377.msg553077.html#msg553077

Pharaoh714

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 02:19:24 AM »

He is still calling Armenians Monophasite lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDRP28ZDbwQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUb47hrNG6ZjA6N3eMaitLlA

I just posted a reply to him

"The Armenian Orthodox are MiaPhasite not MonoPhasite.

They Believe that Christ is of two natures united in one without mingling confusion or alteration. This is the Orthodox Faith stated by the Apostles, St. Athanasius and St. Cyril of Alexandria.

"‘Considering, therefore, as I said, the manner of His incarnation we see that His two natures came together with each other in an indissoluble union, without blending and without change, for His flesh is flesh and not divinity, even though his flesh became the flesh of God, and likewise the Word also is God and not flesh, even though He made the flesh His own according to the dispensation. Therefore, whenever we have these thoughts in no way do we harm the joining into a unity by saying that he was of two natures, but after the union we do not separate the natures from one another, nor do we cut the one and indivisible Son into two sons but we say that there is one Son, and as the holy Fathers have said, there is one physis () of the Word (of God) made flesh."  St. Cyril of Alexandria

This is the Faith the O.O hold on to. "

Some people just hold on to ignorance but I will still proclaim the truth to them.

"If I say, "My foot slips," Your mercy, O LORD, will hold me up. In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul." Psalm 94:18-19
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 02:45:11 AM »

He is Romanian. I liked his videos throughout the years and corresponded with him once or twice. Could you indicate what video(s) is bothering you specifically?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 02:48:04 AM by IoanC » Logged

Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 12:18:59 PM »

A while ago I wrote this user an extensive message explaining both our belief in Christ's complete humanity and that we are not Monophysites. I included textual evidences from our Fathers and liturgical works. If I may say so myself, it was a pretty well-crafted passage. I hit the send button with much anticipation of this user's response, only to realize that my message cannot be sent as I am not on the user's contact list.

There's an hour of my life I won't be getting back... Angry
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:21:30 PM by Severian » Logged

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ (Cf. St. John 16:33)
Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 01:28:40 PM »

He is Romanian. I liked his videos throughout the years and corresponded with him once or twice. Could you indicate what video(s) is bothering you specifically?

Reply #9 links to one.

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 01:57:49 PM »

Every time I see "youtuber", I think "You tuber". 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 02:08:56 PM »

Like I said, it's nothing to get worked up about.  The only people who will give his claims credibility are those who already think like him.

Instead of focusing on negative guys like him, we should be focusing on the positive.

This is a better video to watch:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9VjU_505i6E

The Mist Anchorite is no match for Fr. Lazarus.  Fr. Lazarus is the real thing.

Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Non-Chalcedonian Byzantine
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 02:09:36 PM »

Who even watches videos of random folks talking about Orthodoxy (or some distortion of it)? If it's a monk/priest or something, then sure, but Random Joe in his bedroom with a camera?
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 03:13:47 PM »

Who even watches videos of random folks talking about Orthodoxy (or some distortion of it)? If it's a monk/priest or something, then sure, but Random Joe in his bedroom with a camera?

Considering the alternatives, it could be worse. 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 03:27:28 PM »

give the guy a couple of years. he's gonna realize what he missed on.  Grin
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 03:49:19 PM »

Searched "Monophysite" on YouTube and I received this "gem"

http://youtu.be/V3yH_TxtoeA

I don't think it could get worse than that...lol!  (WARNING: Best to watch this video if suffering from insomnia.)

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 04:45:47 PM »

This.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 07:26:06 PM »

This.

And not everyone who dresses up like a priest or bishop or monk and does youtube videos is legit or knows what they are talking about. If it isn't coming from a website affiliated with one of the canonical Orthodox jurisdictions or one of their institutions, take it with a grain of salt and change the channel. Even that isn't a guarantee of accuracy.
Cackles
Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian (Canada)

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 12:25:09 AM »

Yeah but people likely get curious and check out our stance because it's the oldest.

I personally care to represent a good image to the nations as God instructs. But if prople hear that Jesus was a God on on earth then it becomes a heresy to all religions. Jesus beoming God in heaven also some doctrine that needs changing as it directly conflicts the bible and is created by man. Hie should be in heaven beside his father.

People might get a sense of Gnostism with our church and most religions consider this heresy. Muslims at a whole consider Christiany a blasphamic, heretical religion that need to comvert to Islam. Those are reasons why. Types like him dont help.

The above post is intended for discussion purposes and is comprised of my personal opinion.
Pharaoh714

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 05:25:18 AM »

Searched "Monophysite" on YouTube and I received this "gem"

http://youtu.be/V3yH_TxtoeA

I don't think it could get worse than that...lol!  (WARNING: Best to watch this video if suffering from insomnia.)

[I love you guys but you are monophasites that are trying to save face to be Orthodox Cheesy - Summary of video pretty much].

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: