OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 11:42:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Theophan  (Read 1536 times) Average Rating: 0
teresa marie

« on: January 27, 2003, 04:07:35 PM »

am new to the scene and am looking for the section where St. Theophan, the Recluse, might be under discussion.

also where one can discuss The Jesus Prayer
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2003, 04:04:39 AM »

Welcome teresa!

I don't think Saint Theophan has been brought up in discussion lately. If there are particular things you would like to discuss then you should start a new thread in the appropriate topic area (Faith, Free For All,...)

If you are simply looking for information on St. Theophan, then google is your friend

There has not been that much discussion on the Jesus Prayer on this forum, although we do have the prayer in several languages

You will find a long discussion over on monachos.net though. Enter as a guest (or register Smiley) then click on the topic Ascesis and the Praxis of Orthodox Life. You will find the thread The Jesus Prayer: the Prayer of the Heart a litle way down from the top. You will find that the earlier parts of the thread have been archived, so click on the archive links at the top of the page to follow the thread from the beginning. I hope this is helpful to you.

John.
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2003, 11:10:06 AM »

Welcome Teresa Marie,

I would thing that the Faith forum within OrthodoxChristianity.net would probably be the best place to start both discussions here. I am sure you'll come to love this place as we all have. Welcome aboard!

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Tags: Forum Q 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: