Author Topic: Facebook Notes  (Read 551 times)

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
Facebook Notes
« on: December 17, 2013, 11:19:19 PM »
I need some technical help with a Facebook problem. For some reason I'm having trouble posting FB notes. I can compose a note but I can't copy and paste a text in the note space. I've never had a problem doing this before. But I haven't been able to do so for the past two weeks. I have written many FB notes, and I'm not aware of any limit to the notes one can post. So I don't know what the deal is. Is anyone else having the same problem? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Selam
"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
Re: Facebook Notes
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 06:00:41 PM »
I need some technical help with a Facebook problem. For some reason I'm having trouble posting FB notes. I can compose a note but I can't copy and paste a text in the note space. I've never had a problem doing this before. But I haven't been able to do so for the past two weeks. I have written many FB notes, and I'm not aware of any limit to the notes one can post. So I don't know what the deal is. Is anyone else having the same problem? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Selam

***BUMP***

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+

Offline mike

• The Jerk
  • Stratopedarches
  • Scarecrow is watching you
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Makurian Orthodox
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 06:04:40 PM »
Facebook notes never were convenient. Try blogger or wordpress.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 06:04:49 PM by Michał Kalina »

Offline dcommini

• Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
  • OC.net guru
  • Beannachd Dia dhuit
    • Life of an Orthodox Soldier
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 06:20:46 PM »

Because that solved the problem
N/OblSB

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...

Offline Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
  • Faith: Agnosticish
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 06:43:40 PM »
I'm afraid I don't know, as when I tried to use them years ago when I first started on facebook it was more trouble than it was worth with the wonky formatting they had at the time.

Fwiw I did just try to start a new Note on facebook and copy and paste text, using both text from a website and text from a word processer, and neither would paste (I tried using both the mouse and the shift-insert keys).
"I try to be good hard worker man, but refrigemator so messy... so, so messy."

Offline mike

• The Jerk
  • Stratopedarches
  • Scarecrow is watching you
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Makurian Orthodox
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 04:41:25 AM »

If you have problems with trying to eat soup with a fork, try spoon and do not ask how one can eat soup with fork more efficiently.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »

If you have problems with trying to eat soup with a fork, try spoon and do not ask how one can eat soup with fork more efficiently.

Breadcrumbs.
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Offline orthodox4life

• Ancient Orthodox Faith
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 10:16:06 PM »

Thanks in advance.

Selam

What are you copying from? Have you tried Ctrl-c for copy and Ctrl-v for paste in lieu of right clicking to copy and paste? If its a web page, it is possible to input code that prevents right click copying.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:17:05 PM by orthodox4life »
The true Orthodox way of thought has always been historical, has always included the past, but has never been enslaved by it. . . for the strength of the Church is not in the past, present, or future, but in Christ.

-Fr. Alexander Schmemann