Author Topic: Facebook Notes  (Read 553 times)

Online Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
Facebook Notes
« on: December 17, 2013, 11:19:19 PM »
I need some technical help with a Facebook problem. For some reason I'm having trouble posting FB notes. I can compose a note but I can't copy and paste a text in the note space. I've never had a problem doing this before. But I haven't been able to do so for the past two weeks. I have written many FB notes, and I'm not aware of any limit to the notes one can post. So I don't know what the deal is. Is anyone else having the same problem? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Selam
"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+

Online Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
Re: Facebook Notes
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 06:00:41 PM »
I need some technical help with a Facebook problem. For some reason I'm having trouble posting FB notes. I can compose a note but I can't copy and paste a text in the note space. I've never had a problem doing this before. But I haven't been able to do so for the past two weeks. I have written many FB notes, and I'm not aware of any limit to the notes one can post. So I don't know what the deal is. Is anyone else having the same problem? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Selam

***BUMP***

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+

Offline mike

• The Jerk
  • Stratopedarches
  • Scarecrow is watching you
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Makurian Orthodox
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 06:04:40 PM »
Facebook notes never were convenient. Try blogger or wordpress.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 06:04:49 PM by Michał Kalina »

Offline dcommini

• Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
  • OC.net guru
  • Beannachd Dia dhuit
    • Life of an Orthodox Soldier
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 06:20:46 PM »

Because that solved the problem
N/OblSB

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
  • Faith: Agnosticish
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 06:43:40 PM »
I'm afraid I don't know, as when I tried to use them years ago when I first started on facebook it was more trouble than it was worth with the wonky formatting they had at the time.

Fwiw I did just try to start a new Note on facebook and copy and paste text, using both text from a website and text from a word processer, and neither would paste (I tried using both the mouse and the shift-insert keys).

Offline mike

• The Jerk
  • Stratopedarches
  • Scarecrow is watching you
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Makurian Orthodox
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 04:41:25 AM »

If you have problems with trying to eat soup with a fork, try spoon and do not ask how one can eat soup with fork more efficiently.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »

If you have problems with trying to eat soup with a fork, try spoon and do not ask how one can eat soup with fork more efficiently.

Breadcrumbs.
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Mor no longer posts on OCNet.  He follows threads, posts his responses daily, occasionally starts threads, and responds to private messages when and as he wants.  But he really isn't around anymore.

Offline orthodox4life

• Ancient Orthodox Faith
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 10:16:06 PM »

Thanks in advance.

Selam

What are you copying from? Have you tried Ctrl-c for copy and Ctrl-v for paste in lieu of right clicking to copy and paste? If its a web page, it is possible to input code that prevents right click copying.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:17:05 PM by orthodox4life »
The true Orthodox way of thought has always been historical, has always included the past, but has never been enslaved by it. . . for the strength of the Church is not in the past, present, or future, but in Christ.

-Fr. Alexander Schmemann