OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 19, 2014, 10:11:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Notes  (Read 462 times) Average Rating: 0
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« on: December 17, 2013, 11:19:19 PM »

I need some technical help with a Facebook problem. For some reason I'm having trouble posting FB notes. I can compose a note but I can't copy and paste a text in the note space. I've never had a problem doing this before. But I haven't been able to do so for the past two weeks. I have written many FB notes, and I'm not aware of any limit to the notes one can post. So I don't know what the deal is. Is anyone else having the same problem? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Selam

"If we are unwilling to accept any truth that we have not first discovered and declared ourselves, we demonstrate that we are interested not in the truth so much as in being right." ~ Thomas Merton ~
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 06:00:41 PM »

I need some technical help with a Facebook problem. For some reason I'm having trouble posting FB notes. I can compose a note but I can't copy and paste a text in the note space. I've never had a problem doing this before. But I haven't been able to do so for the past two weeks. I have written many FB notes, and I'm not aware of any limit to the notes one can post. So I don't know what the deal is. Is anyone else having the same problem? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Selam

***BUMP***

"If we are unwilling to accept any truth that we have not first discovered and declared ourselves, we demonstrate that we are interested not in the truth so much as in being right." ~ Thomas Merton ~
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 06:04:40 PM »

Facebook notes never were convenient. Try blogger or wordpress.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 06:04:49 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 06:20:46 PM »

Because that solved the problem

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 06:43:40 PM »

I'm afraid I don't know, as when I tried to use them years ago when I first started on facebook it was more trouble than it was worth with the wonky formatting they had at the time.

Fwiw I did just try to start a new Note on facebook and copy and paste text, using both text from a website and text from a word processer, and neither would paste (I tried using both the mouse and the shift-insert keys).

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 04:41:25 AM »

If you have problems with trying to eat soup with a fork, try spoon and do not ask how one can eat soup with fork more efficiently.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »

If you have problems with trying to eat soup with a fork, try spoon and do not ask how one can eat soup with fork more efficiently.

Breadcrumbs.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
orthodox4life

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 10:16:06 PM »

Thanks in advance.

Selam

What are you copying from? Have you tried Ctrl-c for copy and Ctrl-v for paste in lieu of right clicking to copy and paste? If its a web page, it is possible to input code that prevents right click copying.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:17:05 PM by orthodox4life » Logged

The true Orthodox way of thought has always been historical, has always included the past, but has never been enslaved by it. . . for the strength of the Church is not in the past, present, or future, but in Christ.

-Fr. Alexander Schmemann
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: