OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 09:35:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 1041 times) Average Rating: 0
Dpaula
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian w/ Romanian background
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2013, 01:52:23 PM »

I consider people that have no plans, no wishes, wants, goals, are wasting the life God gave them.

How very American of you.

Republican 100%  Smiley
I'd rather do without all of the above.

Well, I guess you won't receive that hug, after-all.

Not posting anymore due to the rudeness on this site.
Dpaula
Elder

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2013, 01:53:46 PM »

What I would do is serve the lord with all my might, all my mind, and all my soul.

I would evade debt in order to serve him.
I would evade "education" at college, in order to serve him.

Adopting a child would be wonderful.  Having children would be wonderful.   Charity would be wonderful. 

I can serve the Lord while in college. And I can be a faithful Christian while I'm paying back my loan.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2013, 01:54:08 PM »

Oh would you be wasting it on worthless piece of trash such as myself?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee..."

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2013, 02:56:42 PM »

I used to have a black and white TV in my room.  After it went bust, I never bothered to get a colour TV.  Now that it's been mentioned, I want a black and white TV! 

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.
Dpaula
Elder

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2013, 02:57:47 PM »

Oh noooo.
But if we're not soul mates, you can't get a hug. And we're not soul mates since you don't agree with anything I say or want!  Angry

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2013, 03:05:26 PM »

Oh noooo.
But if we're not soul mates, you can't get a hug. And we're not soul mates since you don't agree with anything I say or want!  Angry
We should make that a goal Wink I got the plans ready.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Dpaula
Elder

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2013, 03:20:56 PM »

Oh noooo.

...and since I am a married woman to a husband that owns lots of guns with a plan in place to use them if a reason should arise.

But I'm sure you'll find your soul mate one of these days.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 03:21:14 PM by Dpaula » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2013, 03:30:28 PM »

Yeah I will find one and she won't need to use a forum to ask anonymous members on what to do with a loan.

Obviously your husband is of no help.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 03:33:29 PM by Shiny » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Dpaula
Elder

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2013, 03:41:38 PM »

Yeah I will find one and she won't need to use a forum to ask anonymous members on what to do with a loan.

Obviously your husband is of no help.

Good come back. I give you that!

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2013, 03:51:18 PM »

I wonder what it is like to have a loser husband that needs to validate his manhood with his many guns rather than having a conversation with his own wife, not random strangers, on adopting a child.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2013, 03:51:44 PM »

I consider people that have no plans, no wishes, wants, goals, are wasting the life God gave them.

Amen.  I consider the people mentioned above happy and contented with the life that God gave them.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2013, 03:56:59 PM »

Amen.  I consider the people mentioned above happy and contented with the life that God gave them.

Amen.  And amen.

Imagine, if you can, what society would be like if the majority of people were like that.   Wink

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Dpaula
Elder

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2013, 04:02:07 PM »

I wonder what it is like to have a loser husband that needs to validate his manhood with his many guns rather than having a conversation with his own wife, not random strangers, on adopting a child.

WoW! Jealous much? How old are you anyway? 15?

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2013, 04:05:10 PM »

Well, according to her profile, she's 18. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2013, 04:05:55 PM »

The only jelly I get is out of a Smuckers jar.

Old enough to pity you.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Dpaula
Elder

« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2013, 04:09:38 PM »

Amen.  And amen.

Imagine, if you can, what society would be like if the majority of people were like that.   Wink

Kill me now!

You guys are weird.

But you managed to somehow show me how boring and uninteresting and disrespectful you all are. I hope you stay happy and have no regrets. You might've been the person curing cancer.............

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2013, 04:10:49 PM »

Here is what I noticed in my time in Central and Eastern Europe.

In Central Europe you had the freedom to be content and satisfied. It was quite nice. Really, that States were so jarring when I got. It's hard to realize, if you are like me and realize that America is insane, how insane America is till you get a break for a handful of years from it.

In Eastern Europe there was an improvement, you had the freedom to fail. It was simply OK to have overshot and failed miserably. It was NBD. In central Europe, failure wasn't taken so warmly. But hey, you almost were a concert level musician and a nasty skiing accident took it away? No big deal. You might not even know the person had been a phenom at something in the past. You didn't have reinvent yourself, take second or third chance. Just get along and die.

It was quite lovely.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2013, 04:12:54 PM »

Amen.  And amen.

Imagine, if you can, what society would be like if the majority of people were like that.   Wink

Kill me now!

You guys are weird.

But you managed to somehow show me how boring and uninteresting and disrespectful you all are. I hope you stay happy and have no regrets. You might've been the person curing cancer.............

Perhaps we have and are selectively sharing the cure with people who don't seek to constantly try to make themselves, others, and the world better. And we didn't really cure cancer by the way, we just learned how to live along side it till other things killed us. In the words of Mary, John, and Martin: Let it be!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:13:13 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2013, 04:14:01 PM »

Amen.  And amen.

Kill me now!

You guys are weird.

If being interesting means you have to be a shrew then no thanks.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2013, 04:18:03 PM »

Here is what I noticed in my time in Central and Eastern Europe.

In Central Europe you had the freedom to be content and satisfied. It was quite nice. Really, that States were so jarring when I got. It's hard to realize, if you are like me and realize that America is insane, how insane America is till you get a break for a handful of years from it.

It was quite lovely.

Couldn't agree with you more on this!

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2013, 04:18:30 PM »

But for what reasons J Michael?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2013, 04:20:48 PM »

Amen.  And amen.

Kill me now!

You guys are weird.
 You might've been the person curing cancer.............

Not me.  Not smart enough.  And, I ain't.......oh, never mind, it's just boring and disrespectful, anyway... Cool

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

look into my lovable alpaca eyes

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2013, 04:22:45 PM »

If you're looking for something to keep you busy, kids definitely will.

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2013, 04:23:08 PM »

For what reasons do I agree with orthonorm?  I guess because I think he's right about that.  I was on a break from America for almost 20 years--it gave me a much different perspective on it when I returned.  Or...did you mean something else?

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2013, 04:30:12 PM »

For what reasons do I agree with orthonorm?  I guess because I think he's right about that.  I was on a break from America for almost 20 years--it gave me a much different perspective on it when I returned.  Or...did you mean something else?
Because I've seen you post a lot of self hating posts and pictures overtime which suggests you have different reasons for why you think America is insane. Which is why I asked. You understand that you can agree but for different reasons right?

The problem with Americans are that they are in constant competition with each other. Whether it be in class, status, material possessions, spouses, etc. We have to give the perception we are better than you. We are afraid of derision when we fail.

Or point to our own successes to cover up on severe defeciences. Kinda like the 60 year old male suffering from erectile dysfunction who buys a Mazda Miata.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:31:31 PM by Shiny » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2013, 04:49:12 PM »

For what reasons do I agree with orthonorm?  I guess because I think he's right about that.  I was on a break from America for almost 20 years--it gave me a much different perspective on it when I returned.  Or...did you mean something else?
Because I've seen you post a lot of self hating posts and pictures overtime which suggests you have different reasons for why you think America is insane. Which is why I asked. You understand that you can agree but for different reasons right?

The problem with Americans are that they are in constant competition with each other. Whether it be in class, status, material possessions, spouses, etc. We have to give the perception we are better than you. We are afraid of derision when we fail.

Or point to our own successes to cover up on severe defeciences. Kinda like the 60 year old male suffering from erectile dysfunction who buys a Mazda Miata.

"Self hating posts and pictures"?!?!?  Whatever are you babbling on about?

Of course I agree that people can agree about something but for different reasons.  Perhaps if you want to discuss why I or others might think America is insane you should start another thread.  At the end of the day, though, at least for the purposes of this discussion, what does it really matter?

And I actually kind of agree with your middle paragraph, although it is sweeping a bit too broadly and generally.  Not all of us are afraid to fail or afraid of derision if and when we do.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:51:23 PM by J Michael » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2013, 05:18:27 PM »

Well if you are it ain't done publicly.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2013, 05:33:50 PM »

Well if you are it ain't done publicly.

Huh

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: