OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 07:33:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan Keyes Rejects Gay Daughter  (Read 3809 times) Average Rating: 0
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2012, 01:12:18 AM »

I find it hilarious that Yesh would make a gay son homeless in order to get him to stop having gay sex...something tells me a gay homeless teen will probably wind up having more gay sex than he'd like to.
One has to wonder if growing up in Yesh's environment won't make someone gay.

Just saying.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2012, 01:15:46 AM »

Yes I am aware.   There are also Orthodox Christians that feel the same way.  It doesn't make it right.  The vast majority of the Orthodox don't agree with it, and neither do the Mennonites.

Being homosexual isn't a death sentence.  For some Orthodox, they found relief from being stigmatized through suicide.

Quote 2: God eradicated Sodom.  Didn't mean all homosexuals.

Homosexuals still exist for a reason.

Quote 3: Sometimes a person has to go down on their luck to find their way.  Sometimes it kills them.

You could have helped them; instead, you throw them out of the commune.  Did someone throw you out of a "commune?"

Sometimes they become the prodigal son.  You can only pray.

Becoming the prodigal son requires humility.  One can be homosexual and humble.

If my "adult" son refused my authority in my home, yes I would throw them out.  If they got on drugs, had lots of gay partners, and were homeless, I would not bring them back into my home to torture the rest of my family.

How would you know that your "adult" son would torture the rest of your family with his presence?  Besides, not every homosexual is a homeless drug addict with multiple partners.  Plus, the sin of practicing homosexual relations once or one million times can be forgiven in confession; if the person chooses to go that route.  Example, prison rape - that can be forgiven in the confessional.  Of course, the Hutterites don't have Confession as they prefer to shame and humiliate people who go against them.

That type of adult son, would be refusing the authority of the head of the home (scriptures).  In my opinion, if he refuses this authority, he is independent and needs to provide for himself.

We're all dependent on someone, whether we admit it or not.

The Eastern Orthodox Church has excommunicated many laymen and clergy for being homosexuals and refusing to stop their behavior.

You admit that you were a teenager in the 1990's.  How do you know they were excommunications rather than penances?  There are threads on this board about an Orthodox Priest soliciting gay sex in an Interstate rest area; that person is still a Priest having taken an extended leave of absence to deal with his indiscretion.  I don't know what OCA and ROCOR do; however, I believe they would just deny the chalice rather than "kick out" homosexuals.

You are wrong about the Hutterites.  They do confess to one another as the scriptures and the Early Christians did.

You keep telling me that I'm wrong about the Hutterites.  Do they say in service, "Brother Amos, I accidentally saw your wife's pigtails while she was milking the cows; please forgive me for my indiscretion, in Jesus' name?"

The Hutterites would accept a person seeking repentance from the sin of homosexuality so long as they are humble about it.

Is their absolution absolute as in the Orthodox Church or is it something that could be used against that person by anyone in the commune?

Just as I would accept my own son who is humble about repentance from the sin.   Just as the Eastern Orthodox faith would accept a humble person seeking repentance about homosexuality.

The temptation to be a homosexual would still exist.  You forgive once, twice, forever, like the Orthodox faith?

What I am talking about, and what the churches do is excommunicate (kick out) people who "justify" and refuse to change their homosexual behavior.

Were you "kicked out?"

I do not believe people are born homosexuals.  I believe it is a sin that people struggle with and justify.

We struggle with and justify many things.  Some are more forceful about addressing certain topics than others.  I believe that the Lord directed us to be merciful towards each other rather than being judgmental and harsh.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:21:32 AM by SolEX01 » Logged
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2012, 01:17:38 AM »

"Oh hey son you are gay? Well pack your bags, I'm kicking you out and I'll drive you to the nearest bus stop if you like."

Despicable.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2012, 01:33:33 AM »

I find it hilarious that Yesh would make a gay son homeless in order to get him to stop having gay sex...something tells me a gay homeless teen will probably wind up having more gay sex than he'd like to.

Just saying.

Well, his presence in this thread has certainly made it fabulous...in a way.

tweety234
High Elder

Faith: Ask the Answer
Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2012, 08:46:46 PM »

So there were a bunch of men who wanted to have sex with the angels (who looked like men to them).  They were pounding on Lot's door.  Lot was like "here are my virgin daughters instead".  The men didn't want them, they wanted men.

So offering your extra virgin daughters to be raped is a virtue?

If you have a daughter, would you offer her to a rapist to keep him from having sex with a man?

Only someone who has no idea about right and wrong would do that. I personally wouldn't. Other people's sins are between them and God. What business do I have in that?

“God has no religion.”
― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2012, 08:53:49 PM »

So there were a bunch of men who wanted to have sex with the angels (who looked like men to them).  They were pounding on Lot's door.  Lot was like "here are my virgin daughters instead".  The men didn't want them, they wanted men.

So offering your extra virgin daughters to be raped is a virtue?

If you have a daughter, would you offer her to a rapist to keep him from having sex with a man?

Only someone who has no idea about right and wrong would do that. I personally wouldn't. Other people's sins are between them and God. What business do I have in that?

A lot.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2012, 09:09:16 PM »

This is truly one the reasons why I doubt religion sometimes and one of the irreligious community's strongest arguments against us; look what it does to families. Parents can neglect their children, treat them horribly and reject them all because of "religion". America has this weird fetish for excusing the religious from the law of the land. If a parent abuses their child, all they have to do is say that it's because of some Protestant religious "spare the rod hurr hurr" crap and they get excused from punishment.

Throwing your child out because of religion will probably do more harm than good to your child. My parents neglected me when I was 12-13 because of a brief childhood episode I had of Buddhism, and it turned me off to Christianity entirely for a VERY long time. Maybe if most of the religions weren't so backwards and outdated but had a modern set of ethics supported by logical reasoning than we wouldn't have these problems...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:12:43 PM by JamesR » Logged

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
tweety234
High Elder

« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2012, 09:17:42 PM »

A lot.

What do you mean? Why are people's sins any of my business?

“God has no religion.”
tweety234
High Elder

« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2012, 09:19:23 PM »

This is truly one the reasons why I doubt religion sometimes and one of the irreligious community's strongest arguments against us; look what it does to families. Parents can neglect their children, treat them horribly and reject them all because of "religion". America has this weird fetish for excusing the religious from the law of the land. If a parent abuses their child, all they have to do is say that it's because of some Protestant religious "spare the rod hurr hurr" crap and they get excused from punishment.

Throwing your child out because of religion will probably do more harm than good to your child. My parents neglected me when I was 12-13 because of a brief childhood episode I had of Buddhism, and it turned me off to Christianity entirely for a VERY long time. Maybe if most of the religions weren't so backwards and outdated but had a modern set of ethics supported by logical reasoning than we wouldn't have these problems...

I so agree with you.

“God has no religion.”
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2012, 10:37:04 PM »

Just saying.

I am disappointed at this cheap shot. Just saying.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2012, 10:39:18 PM »

If you had written this 50 years ago, I would have agreed with you. That is not so today. I think more kids are turned off by religion because they have lukewarm Christians as parents.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
neon_knights
High Elder

Faith: Christian

My political hero.

« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2012, 10:43:05 PM »

This is truly one the reasons why I doubt religion sometimes and one of the irreligious community's strongest arguments against us; look what it does to families.

Strengthens them?
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: