OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 23, 2014, 01:43:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: From which faith did you convert to WRO?
Catholic - 2 (28.6%)
Lutheran - 1 (14.3%)
Methodist - 0 (0%)
Baptist - 0 (0%)
Anglican - 2 (28.6%)
Other - 2 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: From which faith did you convert to WRO?  (Read 336 times) Average Rating: 0
militantsparrow
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

militantsparrow
« on: December 05, 2013, 12:13:09 AM »

I'm curious what sort of mix WRO has. In my experience, most seem to come from a Lutheran background.

"Yeah, the sparrow hath found an house..." -Psalm 84:3
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 12:37:38 AM »

I'm curious what sort of mix WRO has. In my experience, most seem to come from a Lutheran background.
We have a new WRO guy at our parish (just moved here).  I'll have to ask him what he was.  I've met many former sheep of the Vatican, recovering Episcopalians...and a number of Eastern Orthodox who just were Westernized.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Christopher McAvoy
Never forget the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate & all persecuted christians!
Elder

Faith: orthodóxis, atque cathólice et apostólice fídei
Jurisdiction: Crypto-Lefebvrian Catholic

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 02:32:27 AM »

The former Lutherans, former Anglicans and former Roman Catholics are my favourites, they typically make the transition smoothest.

The former assemblies of God, former methodists and former charismatic episcopals try my patience !! no thanks !!!  (shudders in fear)
These ones often seem not to adapt to the "higher smells and bells" of the Orthodox Church as easily but are very much alive and on fire with the faith otherwise.

I've heard that the former WR Orthodox in RC "personal ordinariate" anglican use churches are also interesting to meet   laugh Wink

Each WRO church is entirely different, but one can expect a decent number of all of the above.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 02:39:13 AM by Christopher McAvoy » Logged

"and for all who are Orthodox, and who hold the Catholic and Apostolic Faith, remember, O Lord, thy servants" - yet the post-conciliar RC hierarchy is tolerant of everyone and everything... except Catholic Tradition, for modernists are as salt with no taste, to be “thrown out and trampled under foot
militantsparrow
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

militantsparrow
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 12:11:14 AM »

I can see the smells and bells being a shock to some. As a former Catholic, it was actually one of the things I enjoyed most about becoming Orthodox.

"Yeah, the sparrow hath found an house..." -Psalm 84:3
Sleeper
OC.net guru

On hiatus for the foreseeable future.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 09:42:18 AM »

I converted out of atheism after becoming disillusioned with Reformed Evangelicalism.
WPM
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 03:52:58 PM »

"WRO" is just a cool-sounding term or "trend" for the presence of Orthodoxy in the Western world.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 03:53:29 PM by WPM » Logged
Sleeper
OC.net guru

On hiatus for the foreseeable future.

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 06:52:03 PM »

"WRO" is just a cool-sounding term or "trend" for the presence of Orthodoxy in the Western world.

huh?
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: