OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 05:38:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Romanian Bible  (Read 286 times) Average Rating: 0
Rival

Faith: Eastern Orthodoxy

« on: November 28, 2013, 08:02:08 AM »

Hello,
I have a question about a Bible I own. It was bought for me as a birthday present by a friend, because I'm learning Romanian. It's a Cornilescu translation (into Ro. obviously Cheesy), which I'm aware is Protestant, but other than this I know nothing about it. I can't find anywhere the textual basis of it or anything. I don't think it uses the TR. As a study aid it's great, but for serious Faith issues probably not so good. Does anyone have any info on this Bible translation?
Multumesc.  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:03:15 AM by Rival » Logged

Fear And Trembling
ma2000
Elder

Faith: ORTHODOX
Jurisdiction: ROMANIAN

Saint Anthony The Great

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 08:40:01 AM »

Hello,

It was made by Dumitru Cornilescu, an Orthodox priest who later became Protestant. I was published in 1921 and revised many times.
I don't know that much about it, but it used a more modern language than the Orthodox version of 1916 and he was accused that his translation supports the Protestant beliefs. The fact is that his translation was based heavily on the one of the Swiss translator Louis Segond.

Asemănându-te obiceiurilor râvnitorului Ilie şi urmând Botezătorului pe drepte cărări, Părinte Antonie, te-ai făcut locuitor pustiului şi ai întărit lumea cu rugăciunile tale. Pentru aceasta, roagă-te lui Hristos Dumnezeu, să mântuiască sufletele noastre.
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 11:11:33 AM »

that fits with my research too.
if you want more chat in romanian, try here:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/board,31.0.html

and if you chat in a different section, you need to put the translation afterwards (forum rules).

here i have learnt a lot about romanian orthodoxy, as my romanian friends / relatives are mainly protestant (long story!)

multumesc si Dumnezeu sa te binecuvanteze
(thanks, and God bless u)
Rival

Faith: Eastern Orthodoxy

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 11:43:12 AM »

that fits with my research too.
if you want more chat in romanian, try here:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/board,31.0.html

and if you chat in a different section, you need to put the translation afterwards (forum rules).

here i have learnt a lot about romanian orthodoxy, as my romanian friends / relatives are mainly protestant (long story!)

multumesc si Dumnezeu sa te binecuvanteze
(thanks, and God bless u)

I find it odd that it's not in the Romance Language section  Undecided
Romanian Protestants? That sounds almost an oxymoron, haha. I'm still learning to write it, though my reading skills are better. I'm learning it all by myself, so it comes on slowly.

Fear And Trembling
ma2000
Elder

Faith: ORTHODOX
Jurisdiction: ROMANIAN

Saint Anthony The Great

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 01:04:28 PM »

Smiley Hang in there!
We're here if you need any help.

Hello, Mabsoota! God bless!

Asemănându-te obiceiurilor râvnitorului Ilie şi urmând Botezătorului pe drepte cărări, Părinte Antonie, te-ai făcut locuitor pustiului şi ai întărit lumea cu rugăciunile tale. Pentru aceasta, roagă-te lui Hristos Dumnezeu, să mântuiască sufletele noastre.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 03:54:57 PM »

The Romanian Orthodox Bible can be read here:
http://www.biblia-ortodoxa.ro/

A pdf of the Bucharest Bible, the Romanian equivalent of the KJV:
http://www.biblia-ortodoxa.ro/

btw, there are some threads on things in Romanian, like this one on some prayers:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,19000.msg280396.html#msg280396

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: