Author Topic: Looking for a hymn to Theotokos  (Read 562 times)

Offline mike

• Pink Mafia
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
Looking for a hymn to Theotokos
« on: November 22, 2013, 04:39:37 AM »
"Zastupnice usierdnaja, Mati Hospoda Wyszniago"  in CS

What is that? When is it used? Full text in English.

TIA
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:39:58 AM by Michał Kalina »
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline Romaios

• Archon
Re: Looking for a hymn to Theotokos
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 05:42:58 AM »
Both expressions come from the Small Paraklesis to the Theotokos, but there they occur in different stanzas:

Zastupnitsa userdnaja (Greek therme presbeia) = "fervent advocate"

Mati Gospoda vyshnjago (Greek Meter Theou tou Hypsistou) = "Mother of God/Our Lord the Highest"

There is some Slavic para-liturgical hymn where they occur together: http://www.findthatfile.com/search-49984417-hMP3/audio-download-10-Zastupnitse-Userdnaya,-Mati-Gospoda-Vishnyago.mp3.htm
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:06:10 AM by Romaios »

Offline mike

• Pink Mafia
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
Re: Looking for a hymn to Theotokos
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 06:46:36 AM »
Troparion of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God, Tone IV —
O earnest helper, Mother of the Lord Most High,/ thou dpst entreat Christ, thy Son and our God, in behalf of all,/ and causest all to be saved who have recourse to thy mighty protection,/ O Lady, Queen and Mistress,/ help us all who, amid temptations, sorrows and sickness,/ are heavy laden with many sins,/ who stand before thee and with tears pray to thee with compunctionate soul/ and contrite heart before thine all-pure image,/ and who have unfailing hope in thee:/ grant deliverance from all evils,/ and things profitable unto all, O Virgin Theotokos,/ and gave us all, for thou art the divine protec­tion// of thy servants.
http://www.holytrinityorthodox.com/calendar/index.php?year=2012&today=21&month=7&trp=1&tzo=1
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.