Author Topic: Perfume On a Pig  (Read 660 times)

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Perfume On a Pig
« on: November 12, 2013, 07:45:38 PM »
I remember MST3K doing an episode for the movie They Live (with Roddy Piper). I'm positive they did it. They had to. I can remember a joke from a specific scene in that movie. I mean, I think I remember...? Or did they do the joke for another movie and my friends and I just repeated the line during They Live and it got attached to the wrong movie in my head for the last ~18 years... ?  ???

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Re: Perfume On a Pig
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 12:24:19 AM »
I'm not inviting any of you to the resistance meeting.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 04:16:46 PM »
They never did "They Live." Neither have Rifftrax nor Cinemtatic Titanic. It would be cool if they did it on one of the new episodes (which I'll still watch despite Patton Oswalt lol).

I don't know if they ever said something about "perfume on a pig." There's still a handful of episodes I've never seen, though (mostly from the early Comedy Central years). I could also be forgetting a riff from an episode I've seen, though.
Is that what they teach you at the temple volnutt-stein?

Actually, it's Volnutt-berg.

Rome doesn't care. Rome is actually very cool guy.

Offline William T

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 04:48:54 PM »
They never did "They Live." Neither have Rifftrax nor Cinemtatic Titanic. It would be cool if they did it on one of the new episodes (which I'll still watch despite Patton Oswalt lol).

I don't know if they ever said something about "perfume on a pig." There's still a handful of episodes I've never seen, though (mostly from the early Comedy Central years). I could also be forgetting a riff from an episode I've seen, though.

Isn't it kind of impossible to research what they made?  I thought they could only air some shows once, which is why they encouraged people to tape their episodes.  Or am I wrong on that?  I'm only recalling this info from some random hunch in my head.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 04:50:06 PM by William T »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 05:05:47 PM »

Isn't it kind of impossible to research what they made?  I thought they could only air some shows once, which is why they encouraged people to tape their episodes.  Or am I wrong on that?  I'm only recalling this info from some random hunch in my head.

I forget if they had reruns or not.

But between Rhino and Shout Factory most of the episodes are out on DVD now, and the ones that aren't can be found online if you have no punction about the dubious legality (though there is also an official youtube channel complete with annotations explaining the references!)
Is that what they teach you at the temple volnutt-stein?

Actually, it's Volnutt-berg.

Rome doesn't care. Rome is actually very cool guy.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 09:09:32 PM »
Shout Factory has a streaming channel which is available on Roku and other similar boxes. Lots of MST episodes. I believe Hulu also has some of the Riff Trax shows.
In a time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey