OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 11:20:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What should I do about my past involvement with heterodox?  (Read 1978 times) Average Rating: 0
mikeforjesus
High Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2013, 09:33:21 AM »

or if people are not saved from hell possibly people are saved before the great white throne last day judgement who did not get their chance but once God gathers out of His kingdom those who do lawlessness they do not get saved but rather perish and if demonic they deserve to be damned
but God adopts all to His family by faith. It is a free gift to all. Not all know they need to be orthodox and agree with its doctrines and they may have some godly concerns in joining. They may fear being lukewarm
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 09:39:07 AM by mikeforjesus » Logged
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2013, 06:32:30 AM »

http://www.orthodoxphotos.com/readings/end/judgment.shtml

That site seems to clear the matter for me but I don't want to be persecuted because there are rewards in heaven. It seems plausible doctrine and one which provides hope for humanities moralities and not commiting suicide but I think an easier gospel to preach and one which I approve of is that everyone who is saved receives the same reward. But the prophets and righteous men must be distinguished from the others perhaps. I don't mind dying for Christ but I don't want to die a criminal and be put to shame by others by giving up my faith in Christ out of the pain but it is a worthy cost I suppose if I can escape hell but I thought faith is sufficient
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2013, 11:41:32 PM »

I do not/must not fear death and dying for Christ. If there must/is rewards I will seek them.
I just thought it would bring shame to christ or me for me to die due to my folly and being offensive
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 11:44:46 PM by mikeforjesus » Logged
Putnik Namernik
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2013, 12:16:34 AM »

The key for success is effort you put in. If you want to have abs then you need to work out. If you wish to bea good driver then you need to practice. If you want to be a Christian then you need to take both good and bad that comes wih it.
"Trials are sent to some so as to take away past sins, to others so as to eradicate sins now being committed, and to yet others so as to forestall sins which may be committed in the future.  Thesr are distinct from the trials that arise in order to test men in the way that Job was tested." - St. Maximos the Confessor
mikeforjesus
High Elder

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2013, 03:08:48 AM »

thanks alot putnik for the support and not judging me yet I will respond later if there is more to say about that quote St Maximos the Confessor.
So you would say perhaps some of my trials is from sin? and a orthodox woman can choose not to marry me as she will think I have sins that will curse a good future together?

Putnik Namernik
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2013, 10:45:40 PM »

Only God knows what each trial is for. In any case take all trials as an excuse to improve things in your life. I do not think that an Orthodox woman will says "no...I do not want to be with you because you are sinful" ..things are a bit complex than that. There are so many reasons why an Orthodox woman would choose to or not to be with you or anyone in general. We are all sinful. As long as we are not talking about major sins, addictions and things as such...but then again there isn't a man who has succeeded in figuring out what a woman wants so I wouldn't strrss about it as much Wink
Each relationship is different so it is difficult to say what a woman might find faulty with you.
Cheerios Mike and try to be less hard on yourself. Enjoy the good things that God has given us.  Smiley

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: