OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 12:42:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone ever been like "hmm har" about Islam?  (Read 15152 times) Average Rating: 5
Poppy
OC.net guru

Faith: Muslim
Jurisdiction: Hanbali fiqh

onlytwatsusetwitter
« Reply #630 on: November 06, 2013, 08:13:44 PM »

Well it had to be sex or Hitler I suppose.
Romaios
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #631 on: November 06, 2013, 08:15:47 PM »

I never thought I'd hear "Habet duos testiculos, bene pendentes" on any sort of TV.  It was a defining moment in my life, a moment where you know nothing will ever be the same again, and there's no going back to a more innocent time when you could believe that Popes were never voluntarily molested before assuming office.      

Lovely, indeed!

There was a film about a gay Irish priest where the line: Abi et ***** te ipsum, sordide senex! came up.  
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #632 on: November 06, 2013, 08:17:10 PM »

It's good you still have your humor. It is something that goes missing among some around here.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

Never cease to intercede for us, your children.

« Reply #633 on: November 06, 2013, 08:25:08 PM »

Then he went to talk about how it is a good thing, because otherwise people would be throwing acid in one's face (I'm still really confused about how that connection was made).

Thanks for replying substantively, though.

I think this is the disconnect. He didn't qualify whether it was "good" or "bad" either way that these sorts of rituals/prayers for daily tasks aren't in common use these days, he said it was good that the Church doesn't sanction punishments by the community for NOT following them:

Moreover, I think we can all thank God that the Church "in-real-life" is not going to enable community enforcers to harass, punish, and hurt members for not following such strictures (the Church "on-the-internet", on the other hand, is full of such self-appointed characters).  For particularly weighty violations, there are communal consequences, but most "violations" are at most dealt with in the context of confession but typically are dealt with by letting people participate as they are able and minding one's own business.  I've yet to have acid thrown in my face because I don't recite verses from Psalm 50 while in the shower just because a prayer book somewhere says to do so because otherwise I might sensually focus on my nakedness.

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #634 on: November 06, 2013, 08:25:36 PM »

<--- me everytime Romaios posts.

Not to stroke your ego.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #635 on: November 06, 2013, 08:27:18 PM »

Did you see my comment / link of the betterness of Borgia over The Borgias?

I seem to remember having come across it, but the inferiority of the Showtime series was all I remember now.  I need to check out the former and track down your comment. 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #636 on: November 06, 2013, 08:28:11 PM »

Sheesh, not even I get upbraided by Zealous . . . and everyone knows I am a jerk. I dunno, when the most even tempered posters begin losing their nerve . . .

Mostly it's because I'm a little afraid of what Achronos/Shiny would do to me in retaliation...

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
RehamG
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Inquirer

« Reply #637 on: November 06, 2013, 08:29:34 PM »

As far as posting portions of the Quran, this is why I told Poppy to learn Arabic well enough to read it and understand. The Arabic language can't fully be translated to English so you will get one by one Author worded one way, and the next another due to transliteration. I thought someone would have cleared that bit up a while ago...maybe they did and I missed it. However I have no explanation for big discrepancies.

Have you learned Greek and Hebrew and Latin and Russian and well I think you get my point.

You and your sharp points. I do well to handle just English.  laugh

"A humble man who lives a spiritual life, when he reads the Holy Scriptures, will relate all things to himself and not to others.”

– St. Mark the Ascetic, Sermon, 1.6
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #638 on: November 06, 2013, 08:30:04 PM »

Sheesh, not even I get upbraided by Zealous . . . and everyone knows I am a jerk. I dunno, when the most even tempered posters begin losing their nerve . . .

Mostly it's because I'm a little afraid of what Achronos/Shiny would do to me in retaliation...
I didn't even read your post, what happened?

Sorry I just got a headache scrolling through a lot of back and forth on another thread.

I forgot what we argued about last.

Oh hey how are you doing in that contest?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #639 on: November 06, 2013, 08:32:34 PM »

I didn't even read your post, what happened?

Sorry I just got a headache scrolling through a lot of back and forth on another thread.

I forgot what we argued about last.

Oh hey how are you doing in that contest?

We aren't arguing that I know of. Are we arguing? If we are I don't remember, but I'm sure I'm winning the argument.

And I'm not sure- they don't show the number of votes so it's anybody's guess. Winners are announced tomorrow though, so fingers crossed. Smiley

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #640 on: November 06, 2013, 08:32:59 PM »

BTW do I have permission to put your link up at my workplace? The ladies would go nuts.

They'd hold bakesales and do fundraisers, everything just to get you votes. Not joking.

Oh nvm then.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:33:17 PM by Shiny » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #641 on: November 06, 2013, 08:34:17 PM »

We aren't arguing that I know of. Are we arguing? If we are I don't remember, but I'm sure I'm winning the argument.
Probably, I am weaksauce. Just telling this to a girl today, I have gotten so soft, I can't even hit a homerun to the biggest softballs thrown at me.

Mortheist I don't need you bolding this post. I get it, I get it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:34:46 PM by Shiny » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #642 on: November 06, 2013, 08:35:02 PM »

BTW do I have permission to put your link up at my workplace? The ladies would go nuts.

They'd hold bakesales and do fundraisers, everything just to get you votes. Not joking.

Oh nvm then.

Well, now we're freaking arguing. Where were you with this idea a few days ago?!  Cheesy Thanks for the thought, though. There'll be another round in the Spring so for future reference, you have my permission.

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #643 on: November 06, 2013, 08:36:49 PM »

Oh nvm then.

Well, now we're freaking arguing. Where were you with this idea a few days ago?!  Cheesy Thanks for the thought, though. There'll be another round in the Spring so for future reference, you have my permission.

WAIT! It's only Wednesday. Winners are announced on FRIDAY. I need night coffee. So yeah, if you think you can scrounge me up a few votes tomorrow then be my guest.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #644 on: November 06, 2013, 08:37:53 PM »

LOL a few days ago I have no clue. Can you believe people around me are volunteering me to join our company's Recreation Committee, which sets up all the corporate events. I make one joke about how I could turn things around and it blows up.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #645 on: November 06, 2013, 08:40:31 PM »

Oh nvm then.

WAIT! It's only Wednesday. Winners are announced on FRIDAY. I need night coffee. So yeah, if you think you can scrounge me up a few votes tomorrow then be my guest.
I'll let you down.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #646 on: November 06, 2013, 08:51:10 PM »

Smiley

If "Mortheist" catches on instead of "Mor", I just might pull a Shiny and ask Fr George to change my screen name, start designing tee shirts, an official logo, and so on. 

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #647 on: November 06, 2013, 08:51:56 PM »

Smiley

If "Mortheist" catches on instead of "Mor", I just might pull a Shiny and ask Fr George to change my screen name, start designing tee shirts, an official logo, and so on. 
Make some cash.

I gave orthonorm an idea to make quick cash but I dunno if he is going to do it.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #648 on: November 06, 2013, 08:54:45 PM »

Make some cash.

I gave orthonorm an idea to make quick cash but I dunno if he is going to do it.

If you loved me the way you love orthonorm, I know I could at least break even with you buying ten of everything in the first twenty minutes.  I need to learn how to attract and cultivate disciples.   

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #649 on: November 06, 2013, 08:57:02 PM »

Make some cash.

If you loved me the way you love orthonorm, I know I could at least break even with you buying ten of everything in the first twenty minutes.  I need to learn how to attract and cultivate disciples.    
LOL roM you have my support. I'll match everyones contributions dollar per dollar.

orthonorm is dead shirt
Mortheist w Morpheus holding RCC and Orthodox pills

OC.net tshirts.

I'll throw up a JamesR v-neck with cigar burn marks on it, Size: XS
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:57:13 PM by Shiny » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #650 on: November 06, 2013, 08:57:25 PM »

Make some cash.

If you loved me the way you love orthonorm, I know I could at least break even with you buying ten of everything in the first twenty minutes.  I need to learn how to attract and cultivate disciples.   

I have a seminar . . .

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #651 on: November 06, 2013, 08:58:41 PM »

Make some cash.

I have a seminar . . .
Well they don't call it a semenar for nothin.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #652 on: November 06, 2013, 09:00:31 PM »

Make some cash.

If you loved me the way you love orthonorm, I know I could at least break even with you buying ten of everything in the first twenty minutes.  I need to learn how to attract and cultivate disciples.    
LOL roM you have my support. I'll match everyones contributions dollar per dollar.

orthonorm is dead shirt

OC.net tshirts.

Bonus: ZealousZeal's baby quilt with last week's throwup for $50 extra bucks.

Liza can do the photography, and we'll round up the Ukranian gals to model.

Urban Outfitter will get the exclusive augustin717 fez hat.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #653 on: November 06, 2013, 09:16:15 PM »

I have a seminar . . .

I need to seriously begin working on material. 

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #654 on: November 06, 2013, 09:17:22 PM »

I have a seminar . . .

You don't need material.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #655 on: November 06, 2013, 09:18:31 PM »

Make some cash.

orthonorm is dead shirt

OC.net tshirts.

Bonus: ZealousZeal's baby quilt with last week's throwup for $50 extra bucks.

Liza can do the photography, and we'll round up the Ukranian gals to model.

Urban Outfitter will get the exclusive augustin717 fez hat.

That's quite a steal compared to what it's on my Etsy for! Cheesy But it is still puke-free, so that must be considered.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #656 on: November 06, 2013, 09:18:46 PM »

I have a seminar . . .

You don't need material.

LOL @ your faith.

Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #657 on: November 06, 2013, 09:20:14 PM »

orthonorm is dead shirt

OC.net tshirts.

Back in the day we used to have OCNet merchandise, I don't know what happened to that.  Perhaps people would buy more if the themes were less "generic OCNet" and more about particular posters.    

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #658 on: November 06, 2013, 09:22:14 PM »

You don't need material.

I specifically don't need material, or no one wishing to attract disciples needs material?  I was sure I'd need at least one Gospel's worth of content for my disciples to exegete and anathematise each other after my death. 

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
dzheremi
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #659 on: November 06, 2013, 09:22:42 PM »

Or sexy Hitler...

Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #660 on: November 06, 2013, 09:26:35 PM »

Is he wearing gayderhosen? 

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #661 on: November 06, 2013, 09:27:26 PM »

You don't need material.

I specifically don't need material, or no one wishing to attract disciples needs material?  I was sure I'd need at least one Gospel's worth of content for my disciples to exegete and anathematise each other after my death. 

Don't worry, we'll comb through the forum and compile a MorHadith to follow and argue over.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #662 on: November 06, 2013, 09:29:53 PM »

orthonorm is dead shirt

OC.net tshirts.

Back in the day we used to have OCNet merchandise, I don't know what happened to that.  Perhaps people would buy more if the themes were less "generic OCNet" and more about particular posters.    

One of my disciples and I want to make some oc.net kicks. I wonder if anyone is interested in poneying up $125 a pair.

dzheremi
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #663 on: November 06, 2013, 09:31:16 PM »

As opposed to...?

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #664 on: November 06, 2013, 09:33:16 PM »

As opposed to...?

Dickies?

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #665 on: November 06, 2013, 09:34:15 PM »

As opposed to...?

For real.

I guess there is gaydarhosen for those who are aber warm.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #666 on: November 06, 2013, 09:39:29 PM »

That drawing of Hitler...

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #667 on: November 06, 2013, 09:44:26 PM »

Don't worry, we'll comb through the forum and compile a MorHadith to follow and argue over.

MorHadith...I like it, but it kinda reminds me of McHadith.  We need Romaios to coin a term, incorporating some form of Mor, from the seven thousand languages he seems to know. 

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #668 on: November 06, 2013, 09:45:50 PM »

One of my disciples and I want to make some oc.net kicks. I wonder if anyone is interested in poneying up $125 a pair.

I'll buy a pair at that price if the right posters' faces are on the bottom of the shoes. 

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #669 on: November 06, 2013, 09:46:18 PM »

Can I just point out how hilarious it is to see that picture of Hitler with dzheremi's signature of "What true happiness looks like" immediately under it?

Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #670 on: November 06, 2013, 09:46:32 PM »

As opposed to...?

True.

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #671 on: November 06, 2013, 09:47:12 PM »

Can I just point out how hilarious it is to see that picture of Hitler with dzheremi's signature of "What true happiness looks like" immediately under it?
lol nice catch.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #672 on: November 06, 2013, 09:47:18 PM »

You went there.  

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #673 on: November 06, 2013, 09:47:50 PM »

Bless you, you brought a smile to my face!

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
dzheremi
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #674 on: November 06, 2013, 09:49:21 PM »

Oh that is just beautiful. I didn't even plan that. God bless you, ZZ. You are a queen among alpacas.

Tags: truth philosophy Kant Islam Incarnation immature egotistical idiots 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: