OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 06:14:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Christian extremists demonised Hinduism practice and theology?  (Read 4042 times) Average Rating: 0
Cantor Krishnich
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Pan-Orthodox Christianity

Mar Ahmed the Daftadar

« Reply #270 on: June 18, 2014, 11:28:47 PM »

That I don't have a clear answer. We have small figurine statues of ancient Egyptian pharaohs (I think they're Pharaohs). I bought a figurine of Anubis for a friend who has a cat she loves named Anubis.  For what it's worth, there's no Egyptian pagan religion today, so not sure how that squares with Hindu statues.  But theoretically, it sounds like an art collection or a cultural collectible, I don't see the problem.

Sometimes Hindu idols walk with me, talk with me, and the evil one encourages me to worship their physical beauty but I must strive to resist their evil temptations.

Sometimes the Egyptian statues sing "walk like an Egyptian" to me, but I yell at them, "stop with the stereotypes guys!"

Statues?! Now you're scaring me lol, I was talking about Indian girls/women.  Wink
i completely missed that!  I must say, you and me both (especially the ones named Meena, those are the hardest temptations to resist) Tongue

Egyptian idols too lol

No Egyptian girl named "Meena" Wink...only dudes like me Tongue
But there are plenty Egyptian girls named "Amina"   Smiley

Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us!
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have Mercy Upon Me a Sinner!
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #271 on: June 18, 2014, 11:35:13 PM »

That I don't have a clear answer. We have small figurine statues of ancient Egyptian pharaohs (I think they're Pharaohs). I bought a figurine of Anubis for a friend who has a cat she loves named Anubis.  For what it's worth, there's no Egyptian pagan religion today, so not sure how that squares with Hindu statues.  But theoretically, it sounds like an art collection or a cultural collectible, I don't see the problem.

Sometimes Hindu idols walk with me, talk with me, and the evil one encourages me to worship their physical beauty but I must strive to resist their evil temptations.

Sometimes the Egyptian statues sing "walk like an Egyptian" to me, but I yell at them, "stop with the stereotypes guys!"

Statues?! Now you're scaring me lol, I was talking about Indian girls/women.  Wink
i completely missed that!  I must say, you and me both (especially the ones named Meena, those are the hardest temptations to resist) Tongue

Egyptian idols too lol

No Egyptian girl named "Meena" Wink...only dudes like me Tongue
But there are plenty Egyptian girls named "Amina"   Smiley

nah...doesn't count... Tongue

On the flip side, yes, I'd vouch for the beauty of my race of course...but spending so much time with Indians in undergrad really did give make me like a lot of them.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: