OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 30, 2014, 06:09:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: arguments against pro-gay: what to say?  (Read 28165 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #315 on: December 12, 2009, 12:45:50 PM »

What other flesh is mentioned that they wanted in Sodom?

So you agree that their sin was not homosexuality, but wanting to forcibly engage in sexual relations with angels?
whom they mistook for men (bodiless powers don't have flesh).

Good point.

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #316 on: December 12, 2009, 12:49:01 PM »

ms.hoorah

So I take it you disagree with what Jack Morin said in his book Anal Pleasure and Health? He argues that anal sex is not only safe, but will make you a healthier person.   Grin

This is not to say that I agree with Mr. Morin, I just wouldn't go as far as you seem to be going.
"I just wouldn't go as far......"
Search the medical literature. You will find all of these potential complications with anal sex.

Well, some of the issues I knew about or assumed. I was curious about the "anal and/or rectal cancer" though... can someone really get cancer from anal sex?  Also, what I meant by "not going as far" is that I am not completely against anal sex. It has it's dangers, especially if you aren't taking precautions, but it also has it's positives as well. Er, at least for a wicked heathen like me it does Wink

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
Rosehip
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #317 on: December 12, 2009, 01:02:46 PM »

I was curious about the "anal and/or rectal cancer" though...

I'm not a medical professional, but have unfortunate experience with this. Doctors have asked me (which I thought silly) "Why did you get cancer? Did you engage in anal sex?" (Maddening because I've never had sex period. Much less anal sex.  Roll Eyes) So, yes, there is an established link in the medical world between this activity and this particular form of cancer.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 01:07:22 PM by Rosehip » Logged

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #318 on: December 12, 2009, 03:15:58 PM »

Just a note to let you all know that we have had posters share their concerns about the graphic nature of some of the most recent posts on this thread, so please be careful of this.
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #319 on: December 12, 2009, 03:22:37 PM »

I know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality (unlike usury, which is really bad and harmful and sinful, in my humble opinion) and that homosexuals, just like heterosexuals, or paraphiliacs, can marry and have a great life, and theosis, in the context of THEIR monogamous, committed, lifelong marriage.

What about the physical damage that male homosexual intercourse on their bodies over the course of their lives, even within the context of this "loving" relationship?

There is none. Male gay couples know how to avoid it.

I know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality

Absolutely nothing wrong with it, and yet its practioners have to know how to avoid the damages of practising it.  How very odd.

And some women die in child birth. How very odd.

Proverbs 22:7
Tallitot
Archon

« Reply #320 on: December 12, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »

Real and genuine love raditates the Union of the Trinity. Homosexual unions do not do that (nor divorce, adultery, fornication.....)

So true marriages are between three people?

YOMANK! Cheesy

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #321 on: December 12, 2009, 04:04:20 PM »

Just a note to let you all know that we have had posters share their concerns about the graphic nature of some of the most recent posts on this thread, so please be careful of this.

Sorry about that! Will be more careful in the future  Smiley

ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #322 on: December 12, 2009, 06:19:46 PM »

Real and genuine love raditates the Union of the Trinity. Homosexual unions do not do that (nor divorce, adultery, fornication.....)

YOMANK! Cheesy

I know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality (unlike usury, which is really bad and harmful and sinful, in my humble opinion) and that homosexuals, just like heterosexuals, or paraphiliacs, can marry and have a great life, and theosis, in the context of THEIR monogamous, committed, lifelong marriage.

What about the physical damage that male homosexual intercourse on their bodies over the course of their lives, even within the context of this "loving" relationship?

Absolutely nothing wrong with it, and yet its practioners have to know how to avoid the damages of practising it.  How very odd.

No, unfortunately not.  But I see, like any supporter of gay "marriage" the link of marriage to children is lost on you.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Tallitot
Archon

« Reply #323 on: December 12, 2009, 07:10:18 PM »

YOMANK! Cheesy

No, unfortunately not.  But I see, like any supporter of gay "marriage" the link of marriage to children is lost on you.
I beg to differ, women do die in childbirth-I've seen it happen.

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #324 on: December 12, 2009, 07:12:09 PM »

YOMANK! Cheesy

I beg to differ, women do die in childbirth-I've seen it happen.
I was refering to it not being odd, just unfortunate.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #325 on: December 13, 2009, 03:38:25 AM »

YOMANK! Cheesy
Huh  Is this an acronym for something?
seko

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Armenian

« Reply #326 on: December 21, 2009, 09:22:19 PM »

Hello My Brothers in Christ. Check this out. Comment rate and subscribe to Arvonp! http://bit.ly/6RSOZS
I support them. A good group against Homosexuality. Go subscribe to them and rate they're videos 5 stars. Also go check out the Real Christmas Music Video.

DISCLAIMER:  Many may find the content of the linked video objectionable.  Viewer discretion is therefore advised.  - PtA
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 11:12:38 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Tallitot
Archon

« Reply #327 on: December 21, 2009, 11:05:07 PM »

Hello My Brothers in Christ. Check this out. Comment rate and subscribe to Arvonp! http://bit.ly/6RSOZS
I support them. A good group against Homosexuality. Go subscribe to them and rate they're videos 5 stars. Also go check out the Real Christmas Music Video.

Wow, we're supposed to approve of a video showing underage boys in sexually provocative manner? Oy vey!

Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #328 on: December 21, 2009, 11:10:08 PM »

What the heck!!?

edit - should clarify "What the heck!!" refers to the video, not Tallitot's comments.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 11:18:12 PM by Riddikulus » Logged

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
Tallitot
Archon

« Reply #329 on: December 21, 2009, 11:11:08 PM »

YOMANK! Cheesy
Huh  Is this an acronym for something?

YOMANK= "you owe me a new keyboard";ie you're post made me laugh while i had i a mouthful of coffee and it squirted all over my keyboard

Fixed quote tag  - PtA
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 11:14:07 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #330 on: December 21, 2009, 11:14:37 PM »

YOMANK= "you owe me a new keyboard";ie you're post made me laugh while i had i a mouthful of coffee and it squirted all over my keyboard
Sounds like a personal problem to me.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #331 on: December 22, 2009, 12:04:36 AM »

Wow, we're supposed to approve of a video showing underage boys in sexually provocative manner? Oy vey!

Yeah. That video was pretty disturbing.

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #332 on: December 22, 2009, 01:05:31 PM »

DISCLAIMER:  Many may find the content of the linked video objectionable.  Viewer discretion is therefore advised.  - PtA

So what exactly is the message they're trying to get across? Don't be homosexual, be a pedophile? Is this Arvonp guy associated with NAMBLA or something?

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #333 on: December 22, 2009, 01:08:48 PM »

That video is a juvenile attempt at bigotry (at best).  It's not even clever enough for me to be offended by it.  It's a very poor attempt at social commentary.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #334 on: December 22, 2009, 01:10:05 PM »

So what exactly is the message they're trying to get across? Don't be homosexual, be a pedophile?

Considering the level of humor displayed, this may indeed be it.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #335 on: December 22, 2009, 03:17:40 PM »

So what exactly is the message they're trying to get across? Don't be homosexual, be a pedophile? Is this Arvonp guy associated with NAMBLA or something?

Is it pedophilia if they are juveniles?

Tallitot
Archon

« Reply #336 on: December 22, 2009, 03:26:42 PM »

Who else would want to see a vid of two boys acting in sexually provactice manner?

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #337 on: December 22, 2009, 03:34:45 PM »

Who else would want to see a vid of two boys acting in sexually provactice manner?

It struck me as the juvenile attempt of juveniles at social action.

Tallitot
Archon

« Reply #338 on: December 22, 2009, 03:37:14 PM »

We'll just have to disagree.

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #339 on: December 22, 2009, 03:43:00 PM »

If it's being put online for general consumption...yes.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Alveus Lacuna
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #340 on: January 07, 2010, 03:11:39 AM »

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for the strange link!
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #341 on: January 07, 2010, 04:04:08 AM »

can someone really get cancer from anal sex?

Not really in any different of a fashion from how women get cervical cancer from various STD's. So resultant simply from anal sex aside from STD's? No.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #342 on: January 07, 2010, 04:07:39 AM »

Watched it. I don't support them. I voted no on Prop 8.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #343 on: January 07, 2010, 04:12:46 AM »

What about the physical damage that male homosexual intercourse does on their bodies over the course of their lives, even within the context of this "loving" relationship?
Such as what? I take much better care of myself since I've been in a relationship and am healtier.
Here is the information that you requested.

Potential medical complications of anal sex (STDs not included)

anal fissures
anal and/or rectal erosion
acute or chronic proctitis
rectal prolapse
anorectal abscess
exacerbated hemorrhoids
anal and/or rectal cancer
fecal impaction
loss of anal sphincter control with risk of permanent fecal incontinence
urethritis
pyelonephritis
cystitis
bacterial prostatitis
phimosis
intestinal parasitic infections

First, would you please cite your source?

Second, I know quite a lot of male-male couples who regularly have anal sex, and the only problem I've ever heard of occurring in this entire list are anal fissures, and at that it appears that they are quite rare. Like occur 1/1000 times or something like that. You make it sound about 100x more dramatic than I've actually experienced it to be.

Tags: homosexuality 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: