OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 21, 2014, 08:33:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: arguments against pro-gay: what to say?  (Read 29028 times) Average Rating: 0
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2009, 12:29:37 AM »

Bailey & Pillard: Twins and Other Brothers
Bailey and Pillard studied pairs of brothers -- identical twins, non-identical twins, other biological brothers, and adoptive brothers -- where at least one was gay. At first glance, their findings looked like a pattern for homosexuality being genetically influenced. Identical twins were both homosexual 52% of the time; non-identical twins, 22%; other biological brothers, 9.2%; and adoptive brothers, 10.5%. A closer look reveals significant problems with a "born gay" conclusion to this study:
   •   "In order for such a study to be meaningful, you'd have to look at twins raised apart," says Anne Fausto Sterling, a biologist. The brothers in this study were raised together in their families.
   •   All the results were different from what one would expect if homosexuality was directly genetic:
   ◦   Because identical twin brothers share 100% of their genes overall, we would expect that if one was homosexual, the other would also be homosexual, 100% of the time. Instead, this study found that they were both homosexual only 52% of the time.
   ◦   Although completely unrelated genetically, adoptive brothers were more likely to both be gay than the biological brothers, who share half their genes! This piece of data prompted the journal Science to respond: "this . . . suggests that there is no genetic component, but rather an environmental component shared in families" (Vol. 262 Dec.24, 1993).
   ◦   If homosexuality were genetic, one would expect each number in the column "Results from the B & P study" to be identical to the corresponding number in the "Expectation if genetic" column. Each one is significantly different!

Both are Homosexual:

Shared genes 
(overall)
Expectation
if genetic
Results from 
B&P study
Identical twin brothers
100 %
100 %
52 %
Non-ident. twin brothers
 50 %
 50 %
22 %
Other biological brothers
 50 %
 50 %
 9 %
Adoptive brothers
   0 %
 1-4 %
11 %

I said a PHENOTYPICAL, not genetic, approach, consider it again in that light. Roll Eyes

•   Finally, Bailey & Pillard did not use a random sample. The men in the study were recruited through advertisements in gay newspapers and magazines.  OOOOPS!
www2.nau.edu/~bio372-c/class/behavior/apbg.htm

Yes, they found ONE gay person, then considered is siblings were also gay. To find a gay person, that approach makes sense. Come on now...

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
ms.hoorah
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2009, 12:35:06 AM »

Clear sampling bias AND the subjects were paid to respond.    Did you find one study that conclusively proves that homosexuality is not a lifestyle?
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2009, 01:24:41 AM »

From experience I would say that many Christians are quite pro-Jewish; Christian Zionists
An oxymoron if ever there were one.  I think this is a uniquely Western and Protestant concept.  The Antiochians, who have intimate knowledge on the issue, caution against Zionism.

Indeed. However, in answer to the question, there are many Christians who are - rightly or wrongly - pro-Jewish Zionists; so "no" Christians aren't Anti-semetic. Some are very supportive of Israel. That we might disagree with their theology is another thing altogether.

And I wouldn't say that people who didn't hold to the Zionist view were anti-Semetic, anyway. I think it's more that since WW2 people are more senstive to being considered Anti-Semetic than they once were and it's getting to the point that if, as Christians, we say that we don't agree with Jews, we are accused of Anti-Semetism.

I'm not sure what we can do about the homophobia amongst Christians. One can only hope that by the Grace of God the homophobic learns to show more mercy and compassion. In the end, I suppose we can only hope to affect those around us by teaching them about God's love for all and hope that they never fall into the trap of hating another person for any reason. There's a good chance that homophobia will die out like so many other judgemental traits.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:50:20 AM by Riddikulus » Logged

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2009, 01:38:23 AM »

Clear sampling bias AND the subjects were paid to respond.

Ok, how do you propose going about finding a group of gay men for the study? Remember, for this study the control group has to be constituted of entirely gay men.

Did you find one study that conclusively proves that homosexuality is not a lifestyle?

You just posted one, the statistically significant correlation between monozygotic and dizygotic twins, compared with the statistically significant correlation between other siblings and adopted siblings, and combined with the notable divergence of the two sets strongly suggests not a genetic link to homosexuality, but a link between gestation and homosexuality. To repeat myself for a THIRD time, a PHENOTYPICAL link. I'm putting my money on hormone levels during pregnancy because of other dramatic influences from metabolism to muscle fiber development to facial features to fingerprints to personality that they have been demonstrated to have.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:39:59 AM by GiC » Logged

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
ms.hoorah
High Elder

« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2009, 01:45:53 AM »

I said a PHENOTYPICAL, not genetic, approach, consider it again in that light. Roll Eyes

Here is a 2008 phenotypical study on homosexuality that you requested.  Realize that phenotypes result from the expression of an organism’s genes....as in genetic.    Roll Eyes-responding to your rolling eyes-

From Sexually Antagonistic Selection in Human Male Homosexuality
 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2427196/

“A number of hypotheses have attempted to give an evolutionary explanation for the long-standing persistence of this trait, and for its asymmetric distribution in family lines; however a satisfactory understanding of the population genetics of male homosexuality is lacking at present.”

Did you find a study that proves that homosexuality is not a lifestyle?

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:46:55 AM by ms.hoorah » Logged
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2009, 02:04:24 AM »

Here is a 2008 phenotypical study on homosexuality that you requested.  Realize that phenotypes result from the expression of an organism’s genes....as in genetic.    Roll Eyes-responding to your rolling eyes-

From Sexually Antagonistic Selection in Human Male Homosexuality
 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2427196/

“A number of hypotheses have attempted to give an evolutionary explanation for the long-standing persistence of this trait, and for its asymmetric distribution in family lines; however a satisfactory understanding of the population genetics of male homosexuality is lacking at present.”

Did you find a study that proves that homosexuality is not a lifestyle?

Does anyone know what the current view is about homosexual behaviour in non-human animals? They aren't making lifestyle choices, I would assume.  Undecided

I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2009, 02:35:47 AM »

Here's an interesting test put together by PBS' "Frontline" entitled "How Homophobic Are You?" .  I find it extremely biased in many ways.  One question asks, "Homosexual behavior should be against the law?"  How do they define 'behavior'? Do they mean 'marriage'? Another probable bias is that when you scroll down to the bottom, you'll see "What the Bible says."  Why just the Bible?  Why not Qur'an or some other sacred text?  Are Christian's being singled out here as 'probable' homophobes when Muslims are known to be uber-homophobic?  I think so.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 02:36:34 AM by GabrieltheCelt » Logged

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Vlad
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox, Greek Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2009, 03:00:39 AM »

What does anti-Semetic and homophonbic mean? Huh

It means your not politically correct enough for this world.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2009, 03:43:56 AM »

Does anyone know what the current view is about homosexual behaviour in non-human animals? They aren't making lifestyle choices, I would assume.  Undecided
Obviously they are.
I once caught a gay budgerigar whistling tunes from South Pacific.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Riddikulus
Protokentarchos

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2009, 03:49:22 AM »

Obviously they are.
I once caught a gay budgerigar whistling tunes from South Pacific.

laugh

ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2009, 07:37:54 AM »

While we're on the subject of semantics, what does "politically correct" mean?

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2009, 07:49:45 AM »

PC, adj. Politically Correct. Political Correctness is avoidance of certain words judged to embody closedmindedness and prejudice (and ostracism of anyone who does). For example, 'm-nk-nd' is deemed an inappropriate word to use to refer to all members of Homo sapiens, because the word 'm-n' (which originally did not specify gender) has come to sometimes mean a perbeing who is specifically male. Thus, the only reason anyone would say 'm-nk-nd' is out of spite towards every womyn. Political Correctness is a wonderful thing; many people have it to be an excellent substitute for actually removing prejudice.

PC-USA, n. Politically Correct, USA. A church in which there is neither heterosexuality nor homosexuality, monotheism nor polytheism, orthodoxy nor heresy.

http://jonathanscorner.com/dictionary/dictionary12.html
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:52:30 AM by Ukiemeister » Logged

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2009, 07:53:41 AM »

PC, adj. Politically Correct. Political Correctness is avoidance of certain words judged to embody closedmindedness and prejudice (and ostracism of anyone who does). For example, 'm-nk-nd' is deemed an inappropriate word to use to refer to all members of Homo sapiens, because the word 'm-n' (which originally did not specify gender) has come to sometimes mean a perbeing who is specifically male. Thus, the only reason anyone would say 'm-nk-nd' is out of spite towards every womyn. Political Correctness is a wonderful thing; many people have it to be an excellent substitute for actually removing prejudice.

PC-USA, n. Politically Correct, USA. A church in which there is neither heterosexuality nor homosexuality, monotheism nor polytheism, orthodoxy nor heresy.

Thank you, but I'm really more interested in what Vlad thinks it means.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2009, 07:56:07 AM »

You didn't specify who you wanted the definition from. Must be more specific next time. Smiley

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2009, 08:02:48 AM »

You didn't specify who you wanted the definition from. Must be more specific next time. Smiley
Yes, my bad.

ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2009, 08:11:12 AM »

For example, 'm-nk-nd' is deemed an inappropriate word to use to refer to all members of Homo sapiens, because the word 'm-n' (which originally did not specify gender) has come to sometimes mean a perbeing who is specifically male.
Wouldn't be a problem if you all spoke God's language (Koine).

GammaRay
The Awful Preacher
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

Alexandros Papadiamantis

« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2009, 08:26:52 AM »

"anti-Semitic" means "biased or prejudiced against the descendants of Shem; that is, the Jewish and Arabic peoples,"
Does that include St. James, St. Peter, St. Matthew, St. Magdalene, the Most Holy Theotokos (and so on...) too?

"homophobic" means "possessing an irrational fear of homosexuals or homosexuality."
Is there also such thing as a "rational fear of homosexuals"? Are you a homophobic when you believe that homosexuality is not what humans are destined for?

Though I've walked the valley of the shadow of the death, I've fallen not. Not completely. Not yet.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2009, 08:45:52 AM »

"anti-Semitic" means "biased or prejudiced against the descendants of Shem; that is, the Jewish and Arabic peoples,"
Does that include St. James, St. Peter, St. Matthew, St. Magdalene, the Most Holy Theotokos (and so on...) too?
Racism is never biased against individuals, only against the unnamed masses.

"homophobic" means "possessing an irrational fear of homosexuals or homosexuality."
Is there also such thing as a "rational fear of homosexuals"? Are you a homophobic when you believe that homosexuality is not what humans are destined for?
There are rational fears. If someone points a gun to your head, it is normal to experience rational fear. Irrational fear occurs when there is no danger. And no, a belief that humans are not intended to be homosexuals is not an example of irrational fear. A belief that laws permitting gay marriage are going to destroy our society is irrational fear.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 08:46:10 AM by ytterbiumanalyst » Logged

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2009, 08:59:30 AM »

ANTI-SEMITISM IN THE RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,20597.msg331850.html#msg331850

Orthodox position on Jews and their salvation

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,5655.0.html

ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2009, 09:36:21 AM »

Oh they're named...usually with pejoratives meant to insult and slur which the racist person claims are not meant as insults.

ms.hoorah
High Elder

« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2009, 09:56:57 AM »

Does anyone know what the current view is about homosexual behaviour in non-human animals? They aren't making lifestyle choices, I would assume.  Undecided
From homosexual researcher Simon LeVay:

Although homosexual behavior is very common in the animal world, it seems to be very uncommon that individual animals have a long-lasting predisposition to engage in such behavior to the exclusion of heterosexual activities. Thus, a homosexual orientation, if one can speak of such thing in animals, seems to be a rarity.

Simon LeVay, Queer Science: The Use and Abuse of Research into Homosexuality (Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, 1996). Bruce Bagemihl, Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity (New York: St. Martin's Press, 1999). pg. 207.
--------------------------------------------
If animals are homosexual because homosexuality is biological/natural,  then  coprophagy (poop eating) must also be completely natural. Since humans are animals, some might want to implement coprophagy into their “recycling plan”.
http://www.extension.iastate.edu/news/2005/feb/feb0514.htm
-------------------------------------------------------------

One can not read human motivations and sentiments into all animals’ sexual behavior.  The sexual behavior of animals is not a benchmark to determine that same-sex behavior in humans is natural/biological.  Animal and human cognition are not comparable.  Animals lack the ability to express all their feelings.   Consequently, they may demonstrate their feelings ambiguously.  

Animals will exhibit same-sex behavior with different motivations.  Male and female dogs exhibit same-sex behavior to show dominance in the social hierarchy.

http://www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units/2002/6/02.06.01.x.html

Monkeys show same-sex behavior when fearful or excited about food.
 www.songweaver.com/info/bonobos.html.
Giraffes exhibit same-sex behavior with dominance, competition or greetings.  Many animals use same-sex  behavior as a social phenomenon to solve conflict.  Is it natural/biological for humans to solve conflict with same-sex behavior?  (Beware Afghans!  We are sending 30,000 additional troops. )  Many creatures often have same-sex with other species.  Does this make homosexual bestiality natural/biological for humans?
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/20718.aspx

Animal behavior is not a benchmark to decide what is “natural”/biological for humans.  Humans have a "benchmark" and it is found in the Holy Bible.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:58:42 AM by ms.hoorah » Logged
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2009, 10:02:50 AM »

Oh they're named...usually with pejoratives meant to insult and slur which the racist person claims are not meant as insults.
Good point.

GammaRay
The Awful Preacher
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

Alexandros Papadiamantis

« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2009, 11:53:14 AM »

So a racist can hang out and admire people who he would -normally- reject because of their race?
By the way, I don't think that they should be called Jews. Maybe Israelites and Hebrews are better terms, since the word Jew is related to religion, isn't it?

"homophobic" means "possessing an irrational
There are rational fears. If someone points a gun to your head, it is normal to experience rational fear. Irrational fear occurs when there is no danger. And no, a belief that humans are not intended to be homosexuals is not an example of irrational fear. A belief that laws permitting gay marriage are going to destroy our society is irrational fear.
Oh, okay, that's nice. Therefore, if we count homosexuality as a natural sin or passion and treat it like we do with any other sin, is it gonna be alright?

Though I've walked the valley of the shadow of the death, I've fallen not. Not completely. Not yet.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2009, 11:59:56 AM »

So a racist can hang out and admire people who he would -normally- reject because of their race?
By the way, I don't think that they should be called Jews. Maybe Israelites and Hebrews are better terms, since the word Jew is related to religion, isn't it?

That's nice.  I'll continue to call a people whatever they want to be called.  It's basic etiquette.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2009, 12:24:38 PM »

For example, 'm-nk-nd' is deemed an inappropriate word to use to refer to all members of Homo sapiens, because the word 'm-n' (which originally did not specify gender) has come to sometimes mean a perbeing who is specifically male.

The bias towards a masculine ending for non-gender-specific references makes that language unacceptable as well. Wink

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2009, 12:27:39 PM »

Animal behavior is not a benchmark to decide what is “natural”/biological for humans.  Humans have a "benchmark" and it is found in the Holy Bible.

You can't be serious? I mean...really???

LMAO

Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2009, 12:50:08 PM »

The bias towards a masculine ending for non-gender-specific references makes that language unacceptable as well. Wink

Linguistically speaking, so-called "gender" endings in languages that have them have nothing to do with biological sex or social gender constructions.

Again, I'm VERY disappointed in you.  You should know this.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2009, 12:59:34 PM »

Yes, the fact that Persian has NO gender at all (everyone and everything is "it") has done wonders in Iran:

http://www.iran-press-service.com/ips/bm~pix/a682~s192x384.jpg

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2009, 01:04:52 PM »

Linguistically speaking, so-called "gender" endings in languages that have them have nothing to do with biological sex or social gender constructions.

Again, I'm VERY disappointed in you.  You should know this.

It has everything to do with social gender constructions, to the extreme point to genderizing inanimate objects. Or do you believe it was entirely random and a complete accident that most of the terms associated with the natural world are feminine and most of the terms associated with labour or war are masculine in most Indo-European languages (and, I would guess, other languages, though I'm not familiar enough with them to make such assertions).

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2009, 01:05:03 PM »

LMAO

Animals kill without a regret.  Maybe we should follow their example....

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2009, 01:05:53 PM »

Again, I'm VERY disappointed in you.  You should know this.

It has everything to do with social gender constructions, to the extreme point to genderizing inanimate objects. Or do you believe it was entirely random and a complete accident that most of the terms associated with the natural world are feminine and most of the terms associated with labour or war are masculine in most Indo-European languages (and, I would guess, other languages, though I'm not familiar enough with them to make such assertions).

Beard and testicles are feminine in Hamito-Semitic. Shocked
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:06:20 PM by ialmisry » Logged

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2009, 01:09:24 PM »

So still in denial about the failed social experiment in Scandinavia, are we?

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2009, 01:10:34 PM »

Yes, the fact that Persian has NO gender at all (everyone and everything is "it") has done wonders in Iran:

My qualms aren't with the Persian language, in fact I think it's a wonderful language, at least when not written in that nasty Arabic script. and I am confident that without Arab intervention, the Persians would today stand with the civilized peoples of the world...poor example.

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2009, 01:10:47 PM »

Then why did He speak Aramaic when He came to pay us a visit?

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2009, 01:12:43 PM »

Scandinavia stands at the apex of western social evolution...I can only hope that one day the people of this Republic can become so enlightened.

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2009, 01:14:18 PM »

My qualms aren't with the Persian language, in fact I think it's a wonderful language, at least when not written in that nasty Arabic script. and I am confident that without Arab intervention, the Persians would today stand with the civilized peoples of the world...poor example.

Ah, always changing the rules when we are loosing the game.....

Btw, the Persians have always mootched their writing system off us taazii Semites, whether from the Babylonian cuneiform, the Aramaic script, or the Arabic alphabet.  Btw, the Persians stood with the civilized peoples of the world before and after the Arab, and then Muslim, conquest.

Btw, Turkish doesn't have gender either.

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2009, 01:15:05 PM »

Scandinavia stands at the apex of western social evolution...I can only hope that one day the people of this Republic can become so enlightened.
LOL.  So they can be forced in import a population, as they die out?

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2009, 01:15:10 PM »

LMAO

Intra-societal violence isn't as high as you'd lead us to believe, as for inter-societal violence, we just call it war and I don't really have a problem with it. Much of this killing is inter-species and I certainly engage in that kind of killing with no regret.
Animals kill without a regret.  Maybe we should follow their example....

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2009, 01:16:57 PM »

Btw, the Persians have always mootched their writing system off us taazii Semites, whether from the Babylonian cuneiform, the Aramaic script, or the Arabic alphabet.  Btw, the Persians stood with the civilized peoples of the world before and after the Arab, and then Muslim, conquest.

And Turkey is amongst the most progressive countries of the Molsem world (not that that's saying a lot, but still).

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2009, 01:17:37 PM »

Stashko who is pleased.

Hey, I agreed with him...isn't that enough to earn your scorn as well??? Grin
Haha. I know the source of your scorn... Not too worried about it.  Wink

Damn, I'll have to try harder. Wink
Yeah Gic last time I made a reference to the child sexual abuse issue I repeatedly got called a "moron" even when i tried to apologize. (do yo think anti-semitism or homophobia played into that? hhmm...)

Since you ain't a Semite, I doubt it.  Smiley

LOL.  Yeah, the proselyte problem.  I am familiar with it from the children of Jewish mixed marriages, when the children went Orthodox Jew and mom wasn't Jewish.

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2009, 01:18:45 PM »

And Turkey is amongst the most progressive countries of the Molsem world (not that that's saying a lot, but still).

I agree, they are quite adept at genocide, the progress of the 20th century as it put the theory of the 19th century into practice.

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2009, 01:19:20 PM »

LOL.  So they can be forced in import a population, as they die out?

I wouldn't mind about 2/3rds of our populating dying out. Without the natural checks and balances to our population such as plague, starvation, constant tribal warfare, as was the case when humans evolved, we need to use our common sense and stop breeding like rabbits. I have long supported severe tax penalties for those who have more than two children.

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2009, 01:20:47 PM »

I agree, they are quite adept at genocide, the progress of the 20th century as it put the theory of the 19th century into practice.

What country that is anything today hasn't committed genocide at some point in its history? This ain't the 20th century anymore.

ialmisry
Warned
Hypatos

« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2009, 01:20:57 PM »

Like St. John Chrysostom who said in his Homily Against the Jews:

And why do I speak of the immorality that goes on [at Rosh Hashanah]? Are you not afraid that your wife may not come back from there after a demon has possessed her soul? Did you not hear in my previous discourse the argument which clearly proved to us that demons dwell in the very souls of the Jews and in places in which they gather? Tell me, then. How do you Judaizers have the boldness, after dancing with demons, to come back to the assembly of the apostles?

http://www.todayscatholicworld.com/homily-ii.htm

Maybe he was a 'bad (or poorly practicing) Christian', but the Church seems to think he's ok:

The grace of your words illuminated the universe like a shining beacon. It amassed treasures of munificence in the world. It demonstrated the greatness of humility, teaching us by your own words; therefore, O Father John Chrysostom, intercede to Christ the Logos for the salvation of our souls.

http://www.goarch.org/chapel/saints_view?contentid=405

Hmmm...

We don't claim he's perfect - and neither am I, which is why I'm not taking your bait to judge St. John's words.  Nice try, though.

Hey! Only Greeki is allowed to pick and chose, and cherry pick, his "facts."

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2009, 01:22:40 PM »

Like St. John Chrysostom who said in his Homily Against the Jews:

And why do I speak of the immorality that goes on [at Rosh Hashanah]? Are you not afraid that your wife may not come back from there after a demon has possessed her soul? Did you not hear in my previous discourse the argument which clearly proved to us that demons dwell in the very souls of the Jews and in places in which they gather? Tell me, then. How do you Judaizers have the boldness, after dancing with demons, to come back to the assembly of the apostles?

http://www.todayscatholicworld.com/homily-ii.htm

Maybe he was a 'bad (or poorly practicing) Christian', but the Church seems to think he's ok:

The grace of your words illuminated the universe like a shining beacon. It amassed treasures of munificence in the world. It demonstrated the greatness of humility, teaching us by your own words; therefore, O Father John Chrysostom, intercede to Christ the Logos for the salvation of our souls.

http://www.goarch.org/chapel/saints_view?contentid=405

Hmmm...

We don't claim he's perfect - and neither am I, which is why I'm not taking your bait to judge St. John's words.  Nice try, though.

Hey! Only Greeki is allowed to pick and chose, and cherry pick, his "facts."

At least I occasionally throw facts into my posts, maybe you should try it sometime?

Tags: homosexuality 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: