Author Topic: "Pregnant Woman Files Charges Over Belly Rubbing"  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Nephi

• Monster Tamer
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
Re: "Pregnant Woman Files Charges Over Belly Rubbing"
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2013, 11:12:57 PM »
I can definitely understand being upset over a stranger rubbing your belly without permission. I'm mixed on filing charges over it, but if the neighbor repeatedly did it and refused to stop... Although, even then it makes me wonder if the neighbor's forcing himself into close proximity with her to do it, or if she still kept approaching him.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2013, 12:00:18 AM »
I had my belly rubbed against my will with each pregnancy. People do it, but I will say that the greater percentage in my limited experience was women. I would just take a step back while smiling and try to remind myself that it's good that people are excited about babies... so excited that they've seemingly forgotten the baby is living in me still. It's rude and people should know better, but it's never ruined my day so much I felt the need to file harassment charges.
Did anyone keep going when you told them to stop?

No. Did he do that to her in the article? I missed that.
According to the article I read this morning, he did.

"There was a woman who was pregnant and (a) man had touched her belly area, which women have to go through all the time, and she didn't permit him to do that, and then he repeated it, so she decided to file charges," DiLucente said.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/28/living/parents-illegal-touching-pregnant-belly/
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Gamliel

• Archon
  • ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστον βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2013, 12:21:18 AM »
^ O. K.  Repeating something when told not to is approaching the line.  Sounds like the neighbor did not use good judgment, but I will go by what the investigators decide.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2013, 12:26:06 AM »
Wanting to rub the woman's belly against her wishes is bad enough, but saying to her "I want to be your friend" while doing so elevates it to a creepiness that's almost sinister. Ugh!!!  :P :P :P >:(
No longer posting here. Anyone is welcome to PM me or email me at the address in my profile.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2013, 12:34:08 AM »
Wanting to rub the woman's belly against her wishes is bad enough, but saying to her "I want to be your friend" while doing so elevates it to a creepiness that's almost sinister. Ugh!!!  :P :P :P >:(
Mark your calendar! LBK and I actually agree on something. ;)

Offline Maria

• Orthodox Christian
  • Toumarches
  • O most Holy Theotokos, save us.
  • Jurisdiction: GOC
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2013, 12:36:33 AM »
Mark your calendar! LBK and I actually agree on something. ;)

I agree too!
Ἅγιος ὁ Θεός
Ἅγιος ἰσχυρός
Ἅγιος ἀθάνατος
ἐλέησον ἡμας

Offline JamesR

• Virginal Chicano Blood
  • Taxiarches
  • St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!
  • Faith: Misotheistic Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2013, 02:27:04 AM »
On a somewhat related note, does the pregnant woman feel any pain when the baby "kicks"?
...Or it's just possible he's a mouthy young man on an internet forum.
In the infinite wisdom of God, James can be all three.

Offline mikeforjesus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2013, 02:36:57 AM »
she has the right to be offended. Hopefully the charge is not too big. But one day her hatred will have to be given an accounting. God is fair to all. Some are not loving to strangers. She would have to prove to God one day she does not hate strangers and wanted them to be saved. If it was a big charge which would ruin a life I do not think God would forgive such a person as the person is careless caring about ones own comfort more than a stranger and denying the pain one afflicts
However I suppose nothing bad can happen to Gods elect who love Him without God's permission so I would bring my grievance to God
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:40:54 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2013, 02:38:15 AM »
On a somewhat related note, does the pregnant woman feel any pain when the baby "kicks"?

Depending on the size of the bub, and the direction of the kick, the answer can be "yes".
No longer posting here. Anyone is welcome to PM me or email me at the address in my profile.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2013, 02:44:01 AM »
she has the right to be offended. Hopefully the charge is not too big. But one day her hatred will have to be given an accounting. God is fair to all. Some are not loving to strangers. She would have to prove to God one day she does not hate strangers and wanted them to be saved. If it was a big charge which would ruin a life I do not think God would forgive such a person as the person is careless caring about ones own comfort more than a stranger and denying the pain one afflicts

mikeforjesus, there is no "hatred" in the woman's action against this person who clearly overstepped the boundaries of respectful and decent behavior. It's also presumptuous of you to suggest God "might not forgive" the woman for the action she took.

If your sister was pregnant and was accosted by a man in the same way, and made to feel uncomfortable and even threatened by him when he refused to stop, what do you think she should do?

Offline mikeforjesus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2013, 03:06:29 AM »

mikeforjesus, there is no "hatred" in the woman's action against this person who clearly overstepped the boundaries of respectful and decent behavior. It's also presumptuous of you to suggest God "might not forgive" the woman for the action she took.

If your sister was pregnant and was accosted by a man in the same way, and made to feel uncomfortable and even threatened by him when he refused to stop, what do you think she should do?

truth is I judge my sister also for lack of compassion sometimes. I hope she is learning through me to show compassion. If it is as you describe she has reason to be offended but thats not how it seemed to me. Also I did not know he threatened her. I thought it was just someone who wants to be nice
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:07:06 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2013, 03:42:38 AM »

truth is I judge my sister also for lack of compassion sometimes. I hope she is learning through me to show compassion. If it is as you describe she has reason to be offended but thats not how it seemed to me. Also I did not know he threatened her. I thought it was just someone who wants to be nice

The woman told him to stop, yet he continued his behavior. She had every right to feel uncomfortable, vulnerable, intimidated and threatened. Threatening behavior need not involve violence or anger.

Offline Deborah

• Never look back
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2013, 04:03:42 AM »

LBK got it in one.  His whole approach to the neighbour, even before the belly rub component, would set off alarm bells in any woman.  A man, upon meeting a woman for the first time, gives her a bear hug and says, "I just want to be friends"?  Ugh, what?  You want to be "just friends"? :-X   Yeah sure. ::)  He's lucky that all he got was a shove and a harassment charge...
Live in South/East Auckland, Franklin or North Waikato regions of New Zealand? Interested in Orthodoxy? Need transport to an Orthodox Church? Want to meet others? Please send me a PM :)

"You have made us for yourself, Lord; and our hearts are restless until they rest in You" - St. Augustine (my patron saint)

Offline Irish Melkite

• Information Mongeror
  • High Elder
    • Byzantine Forum
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2013, 04:15:30 AM »
I am, by nature, a very affectionate person and always have been; allegedly not a terribly common trait among Irish males and one that seemingly baffled my relatives throughout my childhood. (They got used to it - only took them about 20 years or so.)

I suppose it accounts, in part, for how well and how quickly I came to fit in with my Lebanese and Syrian co-religionists when I first ventured into the Melkite community - not every Irishman is comfortable being hugged and kissed three times on being introduced :D (and at every meeting and parting thereafter, onto ages of ages).  

Nothing has changed and I still am just as physically affectionate with my children, grandson, nieces and nephews, cousins, and their children, as well as with my closest friends and their children - and they with me. Even some co-workers see me as someone whom it's 'ok' to greet with a hug after not having seen one another for awhile (a recent consolidation of two of our work-sites brought me into contact for the first time in a couple of years with several young women who were my students for several months when they first came on-board as trainees, and I was nearly bowled over with enthused greetings accompanied by heartfelt hugs).

But, never, not once in my entire life, have I rubbed the pregnant (or otherwise) belly of any woman - heck, I don't think that I ever even did so with either of my wives during their pregnancies - and I had 5 opportunities. (Yes, I did 'feel' the kicks on request, but never randomly rubbed their bellies as some do a statue of Buddha, for luck.)

It is, decidedly, 'creepy' for a neighbor to do so and, as has been said by my brothers and sisters here, it is, at the very least, tasteless, and it demonstrates either a flagrant disregard for the personal space of another or a testing of boundaries - the one is at minimum thoughtless, the other intimidating, violative, and potentially even threatening.    

Many years,

Neil
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 04:20:15 AM by Irish Melkite »
"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2013, 09:39:05 AM »
- heck, I don't think that I ever even did so with either of my wives during their pregnancies - and I had 5 opportunities. (Yes, I did 'feel' the kicks on request, but never randomly rubbed their bellies as some do a statue of Buddha, for luck.)

LOL!  For some reason, upon first reading this, I thought you had multiple wives, at the same time!  5 of them, no less!

I need my coffee.
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2013, 11:12:21 AM »
- heck, I don't think that I ever even did so with either of my wives during their pregnancies - and I had 5 opportunities. (Yes, I did 'feel' the kicks on request, but never randomly rubbed their bellies as some do a statue of Buddha, for luck.)

LOL!  For some reason, upon first reading this, I thought you had multiple wives, at the same time!  5 of them, no less!

I need my coffee.

Actually that's what I was thinking too. Usually divorced you refer them as ex-wives.

5 wives...ain't it enough suffering with just one? ;)
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline PeterTheAleut

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2013, 11:21:11 AM »

I need my coffee.

Actually that's what I was thinking too. Usually divorced you refer them as ex-wives.

5 wives...ain't it enough suffering with just one? ;)
I read it as two wives pregnant five times (total, not each).

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2013, 11:24:21 AM »
Lol better than me.

Either would mean 2...

I'll take you up on that coffee break Liza LOL.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:35:55 AM by Achronos »
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
  • My borcht recipe is better than your borcht recipe
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2013, 12:39:43 PM »
There might be some conflict between Western and traditional culture in this. Maybe pregnant women are one of the last vestiges of non-individualist culture.

I still think it's extremely awkward though.

So, creepy people who come up to pregnant women and rub their bellies without asking are actually the few, enlightened non-individualists?  Communitarianists, if you will; "it takes a village" and all that.

Probably. I didn't say anything about being enlightened though.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
  • Pray for me, a sinner.
    • Blog
  • Faith: OO - Occidental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Puerto Rican Orthodox Sobor
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2013, 12:49:14 PM »
I'm such an individualist.  I don't want creepy people touching me. :laugh:
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Another blog - http://literarydiktator.blogspot.com/

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
  • My borcht recipe is better than your borcht recipe
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2013, 01:01:52 PM »

Thank you for missing my point.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
  • Pray for me, a sinner.
    • Blog
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2013, 01:03:29 PM »

Thank you for missing my point.
You're welcome.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline TheTrisagion

• The cat is back and its better than ever!
  • Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2013, 01:10:06 PM »
As a communist, I welcome all attempts to caress my stomach.
Quote from: Mor Ephrem
Why can't you just take your spiritual edification like a man? 

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Protokentarchos
  • Off to see the wizard!
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2013, 02:21:03 PM »
Nobody attempted that on me during my pregnancy, thank goodness. I might have been okay with a woman; some just radiate goodwill. But, with both my father and father-in-law gone, the only male I would allow anywhere near my belly was my husband. Anyone else trying would have got a shiner for his pains. Before the lawsuit and restraining order. >:(
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:21:39 PM by Arachne »
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
  • Pray for me, a sinner.
    • Blog
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2013, 02:47:19 PM »
Nobody attempted that on me during my pregnancy, thank goodness. I might have been okay with a woman; some just radiate goodwill. But, with both my father and father-in-law gone, the only male I would allow anywhere near my belly was my husband. Anyone else trying would have got a shiner for his pains. Before the lawsuit and restraining order. >:(

And it would have been wholly justified.

Offline newtoorthodoxy

• Elder
« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2013, 04:13:57 PM »

I never experienced pain, and my son did so much kicking, I thought he was bouncing a ball around in there.  That's not to say that other women don't experience pain.  Most women have some sort of morning sickness, and never got any of that, either.
Some of my questions might appear patently stupid to those well-versed in Orthodoxy, but I'm brand new, having no background in the faith.  Please grant me a great deal of patience and consideration as I learn the basics.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Protokentarchos
  • Off to see the wizard!
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2013, 04:17:42 PM »

I never experienced pain, and my son did so much kicking, I thought he was bouncing a ball around in there.  That's not to say that other women don't experience pain.  Most women have some sort of morning sickness, and never got any of that, either.

It can be painful if the baby's position sends the kicks towards sensitive areas (stomach, ribs, full bladder). Otherwise, it's just a kind of fluttery bouncing. Even fun, at times.
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Anastasia1

• My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Armenian
« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2013, 08:09:43 PM »
Peoples obsession with pregnant strangers and newborns is becoming increasingly more creepy.

Its like people just have to touch it for some reason...why...
Agreed.
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)

Offline RehamG

• Elder
    • Add me on FB
« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2013, 10:04:34 PM »
I recall being touched a lot with each pregnancy, after the second or third time I didn't care anymore and accepted that the larger the belly the more they want to touch for whatever reason. It was always older women though so it wasn't creepy to me.

The only time it really bothered me was the one time someone asked if I was having twins.  :-\
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 10:05:06 PM by rebecca.ann »
"A humble man who lives a spiritual life, when he reads the Holy Scriptures, will relate all things to himself and not to others.”

– St. Mark the Ascetic, Sermon, 1.6

Offline Irish Melkite

• Information Mongeror
  • High Elder
    • Byzantine Forum
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2013, 12:13:33 AM »

Umm, that nick is 'Melkite' Liza, not 'Mormon' :D

Many years,

Neil
"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2013, 12:33:22 AM »

LOL! 

I was sleepy and needed my morning coffee.  ;D
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2013, 02:13:56 PM »
I have never had the desire to rub a pregnant woman's belly.  I just cannot understand the urge.  Part of this may be the fact that I have this bizarre feeling that if I were to poke a pregnant woman's belly pillsbury doughboy style it would rupture and the little guy would slither down my throat like an alien.  I realize this is unfounded in fact, but when I am around pregnant women and feel like I might bump them in anyway, shape, or form I tense up and get nervous.  In the same line of thought I try to avoid newborns when at all possible.  They aren't as slimy as babies in the womb but I still have this fear that they will coat themselves in the ubiquitous crap and vomit and then try to slither down my gullet. 

This whole topic just gives me the willies.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Christ is risen!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2013, 02:22:19 PM »
I have never had the desire to rub a pregnant woman's belly.  I just cannot understand the urge.  Part of this may be the fact that I have this bizarre feeling that if I were to poke a pregnant woman's belly pillsbury doughboy style it would rupture and the little guy would slither down my throat like an alien.  I realize this is unfounded in fact, but when I am around pregnant women and feel like I might bump them in anyway, shape, or form I tense up and get nervous.  In the same line of thought I try to avoid newborns when at all possible.  They aren't as slimy as babies in the womb but I still have this fear that they will coat themselves in the ubiquitous crap and vomit and then try to slither down my gullet. 

This whole topic just gives me the willies.

Sounds like you had the willies before the topic ever came up. 
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Mor no longer posts on OCNet.  He follows threads, posts his responses daily, occasionally starts threads, and responds to private messages when and as he wants.  But he really isn't around anymore.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
  • Can you stand on your head?
  • Faith: Alpaca Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2013, 06:02:04 PM »

It can be painful if the baby's position sends the kicks towards sensitive areas (stomach, ribs, full bladder). Otherwise, it's just a kind of fluttery bouncing. Even fun, at times.

Fun until you're trying to fall asleep at night and suddenly the baby has hiccups. ;) Then you have to try to ignore the continuous, rhythmic bouncing.
"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14

Offline Maria

• Orthodox Christian
  • Toumarches
  • O most Holy Theotokos, save us.
  • Jurisdiction: GOC
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2013, 07:07:26 PM »

Fun until you're trying to fall asleep at night and suddenly the baby has hiccups. ;) Then you have to try to ignore the continuous, rhythmic bouncing.

I do not remember hiccups at night. Guess I was so tired that I slept through it.
Ἅγιος ὁ Θεός
Ἅγιος ἰσχυρός
Ἅγιος ἀθάνατος
ἐλέησον ἡμας

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
  • Can you stand on your head?
  • Faith: Alpaca Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2013, 07:46:51 PM »

I do not remember hiccups at night. Guess I was so tired that I slept through it.

Maybe you had a more considerate baby. :D
"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2013, 07:49:11 PM »
“In Turkey, they say that if you’re touching a pregnant woman, they say that you will get the energy and you will get pregnant too,” added Yagmur.

New Yorkers Weigh In On Pennsylvania Law Banning Touching Pregnant Bellies
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/28/new-yorkers-weigh-in-on-pennsylvania-law-banning-touching-pregnant-bellies/

Does this explain anything at all about the Turkish people?

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Santagranddad

• OC.net guru
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2013, 07:59:59 PM »
“In Turkey, they say that if you’re touching a pregnant woman, they say that you will get the energy and you will get pregnant too,” added Yagmur.

New Yorkers Weigh In On Pennsylvania Law Banning Touching Pregnant Bellies
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/28/new-yorkers-weigh-in-on-pennsylvania-law-banning-touching-pregnant-bellies/

Does this explain anything at all about the Turkish people?

Now let me, in my dotage, get this straight. If I am brazen enough to accost some unfortunate pregnant women and rub her belly I'll get pregnant! Now I might have forgotten a few of the ins and outs of conception but someone really has got the most crazy imagination. They need to take more water with their drink.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2013, 08:22:30 PM »
Now I might have forgotten a few of the ins and outs of conception

Santa Granddad, quit teasing me.
Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Christ is risen!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2013, 08:29:40 PM »

:)
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Mor no longer posts on OCNet.  He follows threads, posts his responses daily, occasionally starts threads, and responds to private messages when and as he wants.  But he really isn't around anymore.

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2013, 08:33:20 PM »

What a username

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Santagranddad

• OC.net guru
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2013, 08:41:13 PM »

What a username

My children and grandchildren bestowed it upon me, and all the local children and teenagers call me Santa. Have even had young ones call round and ask to see the reindeer (sigh, how do you answer that one).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:41:49 PM by Santagranddad »

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2013, 08:47:48 PM »
My children and grandchildren bestowed it upon me, and all the local children and teenagers call me Santa. Have even had young ones call round and ask to see the reindeer (sigh, how do you answer that one).

I hope one day I will look slovenly enough to be called Grinch.

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline mikeforjesus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2013, 09:46:02 PM »
I'm sorry to the original post for treating you badly how can I do that to the one who directed me to a priest pray for me to insist to be regular with a priest and to find balance in my life

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
  • Pray for me, a sinner.
    • Blog
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2013, 06:49:13 AM »
I'm sorry to the original post for treating you badly how can I do that to the one who directed me to a priest pray for me to insist to be regular with a priest and to find balance in my life

Wrong thread, maybe? ;)  Unless the one who directed you to a priest is pregnant.