OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 30, 2014, 11:30:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Global warming is real  (Read 1449 times) Average Rating: 0
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2014, 02:35:41 PM »

Do you have any data to support that assertion?

That is my own extensive research and that of other astrophysicists. If you do not take the time to do your own research, you will not learn anything. Global warming is a myth, but if you do not educate yourself, then you will fall for the lie.

Look at the plots, they will tell you a lot of information.

And here is another plot that is current:

http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10145&p=60349#p60349

I cannot upload plots here, so I must upload plots at E Cafe and then share them here.
So you are saying that we cannot trust anyone who actually has the sensitive instruments to record and analyze all the data over decades of information, but we should come up with our own research by using our own preconceptions to influence what we feel the results should be?

Forgive me for being sceptical of your scientific method.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 02:36:27 PM by TheTrisagion » Logged

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2014, 02:58:05 PM »

Look at all these warnings against high latitude travel, radio blackouts and satellite outage given by NOAA.

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/alerts/warnings_timeline.html

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2014, 02:59:34 PM »

Do you have any data to support that assertion?

That is my own extensive research and that of other astrophysicists. If you do not take the time to do your own research, you will not learn anything. Global warming is a myth, but if you do not educate yourself, then you will fall for the lie.

Look at the plots, they will tell you a lot of information.

And here is another plot that is current:

http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10145&p=60349#p60349

I cannot upload plots here, so I must upload plots at E Cafe and then share them here.
So you are saying that we cannot trust anyone who actually has the sensitive instruments to record and analyze all the data over decades of information, but we should come up with our own research by using our own preconceptions to influence what we feel the results should be?

Forgive me for being sceptical of your scientific method.

I am using plots and graphs provided by NOAA.

Hit the books and start looking. If you refuse to educate yourself, you will remain very gullible.

Many astrophysicists do not believe the global warming myth.
Their own data shows that it is our position in the universe and the unstable solar cycle that we are currently in that is causing the core of the earth to warm. Increased volcanic activity in the Pacific, in Italy, and at Yellowstone show increased magma levels. This increased volcanic activity is also causing our oceans to warm.

In my studies of geography, we learned that when the oceans warm, there will be increasingly turbulent weather as the jet stream brings water in the form of rain and snow storms. So the blizzard that we are currently experiencing on the East Coast is not surprising.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 03:04:32 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2014, 03:08:38 PM »

Maria is hoping that a solar flare wipes out Monsanto's farms.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2014, 03:10:33 PM »

Unfortunately Monsanto has an elite corps of Harry Potter enthusiasts ready to cast a Patronus charm at the first sign of solar trouble.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2014, 03:13:37 PM »

Unfortunately Monsanto has an elite corps of Harry Potter enthusiasts ready to cast a Patronus charm at the first sign of solar trouble.
Well it is the Age Of The Glofish right?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2014, 03:18:19 PM »

I combat the nefarious demons assaulting the earth in the form of solar flares with the armor of God.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2014, 03:20:59 PM »

This may be true, but can you convincingly refute her assertions and the science behind them??  I know I can't.  I can barely understand it! Embarrassed

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2014, 03:32:38 PM »

I am hoping that those mysterious crop circles that keep appearing on Monsanto's farms will put them out of business. Maybe that is the goal of those movies who advertise in that way.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 03:33:21 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2014, 03:34:58 PM »

This may be true, but can you convincingly refute her assertions and the science behind them??  I know I can't.  I can barely understand it! Embarrassed

Hey, I took some college courses in geography and astronomy to educate myself. Then I starting studying governmental data from NOAA. It helped that my dad was an astrophysicist who taught at UC Berkeley. He shared with me many of his lecture notes and slides of galaxies in our universe.

If you go to these governmental sites, which you can access free of charge, there is no excuse for not understanding astronomy and what our sun is doing to heat the core of this planet Earth.

Here is a magnificient educational flyer produced by NOAA that depicts our sun and its activities
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/info/swx_poster_a.jpg

This is an outstanding educational flyer produced by NOAA that shows the impact of CME's on earth
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/info/swx_poster_b.jpg

Here is a little 12 page swx_booklet:
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/Education/index.html

Here is what sunspots look like:
http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/synoptic/sunspots/mdi_sunspots.gif

WWB = federally licensed radio station with time and frequency standards. Professional broadcast engineers use this station to set their time pieces and watches.

X-class solar flares = very high energy electromagnet emissions from our sun; huge explosions from the sun that might disrupt power grids and block out radio communications if they were to be directed at our earth. They can reach the earth in about eight minutes as they travel the speed of light. (see swx booklet page 2 above)

CME = Coronal Mass Ejections = bursts of plasma from the sun's corona, or outer atmosphere. These explosions are slower moving and can reach the earth in one to four days. (see swx booklet, page 2 above)

NOAA uses a logarithmic (not linear) scale. Incidentally, earthquake magnitudes are also measured using a logarithmic scale. Therefore, even though an X1 Solar Flare is much weaker than an X2, an X10 is huge. Any solar flare that is rated X6 or higher might be considered to be an act of God especially if it were to be directed at our planet. The X6 that hit our planet in July 2010 was of such a magnitude that it was termed the Bastille

Here is a helpful site run by NOAA where you can find some definitions:
NOAA Space Weather Scale for Geomagnetic Storms
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/NOAAscales/index.html#RadioBlackouts

Here is a NOAA forecast: Space Weather Advisories
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/advisories/outlooks.html

NOAA Space Weather Alerts
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/alerts/AlertsTable.html
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 03:41:53 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
genesisone
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2014, 03:58:46 PM »

In this global freezing weather, having a daily paper route might get you royally cold.
This morning I could have declared myself king as no one else was out there to stop me!
I did declare myself king this morning.  At least, until my wife yelled at me to go to work.

Yes Ma'am.
...as the Polar Vortex moved indoors  Cheesy.
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2014, 04:03:10 PM »

This may be true, but can you convincingly refute her assertions and the science behind them??  I know I can't.  I can barely understand it! Embarrassed

Hey, I took some college courses in geography and astronomy to educate myself. Then I starting studying governmental data from NOAA. It helped that my dad was an astrophysicist who taught at UC Berkeley. He shared with me many of his lecture notes and slides of galaxies in our universe.

If you go to these governmental sites, which you can access free of charge, there is no excuse for not understanding astronomy and what our sun is doing to heat the core of this planet Earth.

Here is a magnificient educational flyer produced by NOAA that depicts our sun and its activities
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/info/swx_poster_a.jpg

This is an outstanding educational flyer produced by NOAA that shows the impact of CME's on earth
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/info/swx_poster_b.jpg

Here is a little 12 page swx_booklet:
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/Education/index.html

Here is what sunspots look like:
http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/synoptic/sunspots/mdi_sunspots.gif

WWB = federally licensed radio station with time and frequency standards. Professional broadcast engineers use this station to set their time pieces and watches.

X-class solar flares = very high energy electromagnet emissions from our sun; huge explosions from the sun that might disrupt power grids and block out radio communications if they were to be directed at our earth. They can reach the earth in about eight minutes as they travel the speed of light. (see swx booklet page 2 above)

CME = Coronal Mass Ejections = bursts of plasma from the sun's corona, or outer atmosphere. These explosions are slower moving and can reach the earth in one to four days. (see swx booklet, page 2 above)

NOAA uses a logarithmic (not linear) scale. Incidentally, earthquake magnitudes are also measured using a logarithmic scale. Therefore, even though an X1 Solar Flare is much weaker than an X2, an X10 is huge. Any solar flare that is rated X6 or higher might be considered to be an act of God especially if it were to be directed at our planet. The X6 that hit our planet in July 2010 was of such a magnitude that it was termed the Bastille

Here is a helpful site run by NOAA where you can find some definitions:
NOAA Space Weather Scale for Geomagnetic Storms
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/NOAAscales/index.html#RadioBlackouts

Here is a NOAA forecast: Space Weather Advisories
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/advisories/outlooks.html

NOAA Space Weather Alerts
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/alerts/AlertsTable.html

Thanks for the links, etc.! 

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2014, 08:33:11 PM »

The trends do not correlate.

Dude, graphs lie. (And maps only work when wielded by Isa. He has the power.)

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2014, 08:34:07 PM »

In this global freezing weather, having a daily paper route might get you royally cold.
This morning I could have declared myself king as no one else was out there to stop me!
I did declare myself king this morning.  At least, until my wife yelled at me to go to work.

Yes Ma'am.

Even the king must obey the queen.

If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2014, 08:49:35 PM »

We must look at the entire picture, not just two graphs.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2014, 08:50:07 PM »

Yes Ma'am.

Even the king must obey the queen.

Off with his head! Off! Off!

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2014, 08:55:51 PM »

We must look at the entire picture, not just two graphs.

So, what I hear you saying is, we need more graphs.

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2014, 08:56:02 PM »

Here are two more plots. Please take time to click these very colorful NOAA plots. These are from the official site.

Since I last posted, we are now experiencing a MODERATE PROTON FLUX.

The photon bombardment is something fierce.

See this for a static global plot:
http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10145&p=60360#p60360

Here is the dynamic global plot:
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/drap/global.html

The dynamic plot is even more pronounced as it shows almost 8 bars of maximum absorption on the far right panel.
And the recovery time is now listed at 31 hours 48 minutes. Notice that the Arctic is now colored a darker orange.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:57:03 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2014, 07:33:30 PM »

"The year 2013 ties with 2003 as the fourth warmest year globally since records began in 1880."
 -- NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2014, 07:42:36 PM »

Still not warm enough...

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2014, 10:33:39 AM »

"A killer winter storm paralyzed the South yesterday, but it was sunny and warm in Alaska, with record high temperatures. What's up with this weather?

Blame it on the jet stream. For months, this narrow, west-to-east flowing air current has resembled a child's scribble. The jet stream roars along Alaska's coastline and then sharply twists, diving south into Washington before flowing toward the Midwest, completely cutting off California. Because the jet stream is the dividing line between cold, Arctic air from the north and warm air from the south, these unusual undulations are steering frigid air into the eastern half of the country this winter....Meanwhile, Alaska is basking in relative warmth: The town of Port Alsworth tied the highest temperature ever recorded in January in Alaska on Monday: 62 degrees Fahrenheit (17 degrees Celsius).
Though these jet-stream patterns have happened before, in recent years, several studies have suggested a link between an increase in the frequency of extreme kinks and waves in the jet stream, and changes in the Arctic due to global warming, such as the shrinking extent of sea ice and snow cover. Less sea ice and snow could cause warming that changes the jet-stream pattern, researchers have shown. The research is still ongoing and is an area of active debate."

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2014, 11:18:40 AM »

Simply put...spin.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2014, 11:23:16 AM »

Simply put...spin.
Yes, the earth's rotation does have an effect on the weather.

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2014, 02:17:24 PM »

Virus Locked In Siberian Ice For 30,000 Years Is Revived In Lab

Scientists at a laboratory in France have thawed out and revived an ancient virus found in the Siberian permafrost, making it infectious again for the first time in 30,000 years.
It isn't dangerous to humans, but it's reanimation raises questions about what else might be lurking under the ice, say the French and Russian team that brought it back to life. There work is in the latest issue of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, or PNAS.

"The revival of such an ancestral amoeba-infecting virus ... suggests that the thawing of permafrost either from global warming or industrial exploitation of circumpolar regions might not be exempt from future threats to human or animal health," the scientists write.

Jean-Michel Claverie, a study author from the National Center of Scientific Research in Aix-Marseille in France, tells the BBC that exposing such ice layers and possible pathogens contained within is "a recipe for disaster."
"If it is true that these viruses survive in the same way those amoeba viruses survive, then smallpox is not eradicated from the planet — only [from] the surface [of the planet]," Claverie says. "By going deeper [into the permafrost], we may reactivate the possibility that smallpox could become again a disease of humans in modern times."
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 02:22:05 PM by Jetavan » Logged

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2014, 03:59:41 PM »

Virus Locked In Siberian Ice For 30,000 Years Is Revived In Lab

Scientists at a laboratory in France have thawed out and revived an ancient virus found in the Siberian permafrost, making it infectious again for the first time in 30,000 years.
It isn't dangerous to humans, but it's reanimation raises questions about what else might be lurking under the ice, say the French and Russian team that brought it back to life. There work is in the latest issue of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, or PNAS.

"The revival of such an ancestral amoeba-infecting virus ... suggests that the thawing of permafrost either from global warming or industrial exploitation of circumpolar regions might not be exempt from future threats to human or animal health," the scientists write.

Jean-Michel Claverie, a study author from the National Center of Scientific Research in Aix-Marseille in France, tells the BBC that exposing such ice layers and possible pathogens contained within is "a recipe for disaster."
"If it is true that these viruses survive in the same way those amoeba viruses survive, then smallpox is not eradicated from the planet — only [from] the surface [of the planet]," Claverie says. "By going deeper [into the permafrost], we may reactivate the possibility that smallpox could become again a disease of humans in modern times."

Yes, the core of the earth is warmer now due to all the proton streaming from space. Have you been watching the global plots from NOAA and NASA? It is not surprising that the waters are warmer with increased volcanic activity due to a hotter core. Yellowstone cauldera is more active now with many earthquakes. Go and see the earthquake plots at NOAA. Hawaii is rocking with volcanic activity and a new island is emerging. Other areas in the Pacific and Indian Ocean are popping with new islands. Check the news.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: