Another one jurisdictional scuffle

(1/6) > >>

mike:
This is getting ridiculous.

Quote from: http://byztex.blogspot.com/2013/10/constantinople-and-moscow-at-odds-over.html

A fierce conflict between the Ecumenical Patriarchate and the Patriarchate of Moscow, that may lead to a new schism, threatens the forthcoming Orthodox Ecumenical Council.

The reason is the effort of the Russian Church to degrade the primacy of Constantinople in the Orthodox world and to expand in China and Japan...

BTW has the EP got any structures in Japan to begin with?

Shanghaiski:
Ridiculous, considering the Churches of Japan and China have been autonomous since around the same time as the Church of Finland.

xOrthodox4Christx:
Lord have mercy.

What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas"; still another, "I follow Christ." Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? (1 Corinthians 1:12-13)

Shiny:
Its ridiculous but how serious?

Basil 320:
Quote from: Michał Kalina on October 25, 2013, 05:26:40 PM

This is getting ridiculous.

Quote from: http://byztex.blogspot.com/2013/10/constantinople-and-moscow-at-odds-over.html

A fierce conflict between the Ecumenical Patriarchate and the Patriarchate of Moscow, that may lead to a new schism, threatens the forthcoming Orthodox Ecumenical Council.

The reason is the effort of the Russian Church to degrade the primacy of Constantinople in the Orthodox world and to expand in China and Japan...

BTW has the EP got any structures in Japan to begin with?

I don't understand this letter.  Is it recent?  What is going on in the Churches of China and Japan that is prompting the Ecumenical Patriarch's distain?

By the way, the Church of Japan was brought under the Russian Orthodox Greek Catholic Metropolia (predecessor to the OCA), facilitated by General Douglas MacArthur, the Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers, during the Allied Occupation following the Japanese surrender in World War II.  Part of the negotiations with the Metropolia, which resulted in the Church of Russia's Tomos of Autocephaly upon the Metropolia, April, 1970, was to transfer the Church of Japan to the Church of Russia, to which was granted autonomy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page