OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 21, 2014, 02:48:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home, School, Illness  (Read 133 times) Average Rating: 0
wainscottbl
High Elder

Faith: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

Tunc dicit ei Jesus: Vade Satana!

« on: October 23, 2013, 03:44:42 PM »

Pray for my situation right now. In short I am living at home with my parents going to school online and I particularly have a strained relationship with my dad. It's not really severe, but there is, in short, a strained relationship even though there is love. Also get really frustrated with my parents sometimes. There is some deep stuff that goes back to childhood though nothing serious--more like a disordered family. I'd move out an work except my epilepsy does not allow it and the state suspended my license and I cannot get them back unless I am seizure free for three months--which I never am. So I am at the generosity of my parents in terms of money until I get my disability which will be a while. So a lot of stress I am trying to make the best off. Thanks in advance

"I thought I should be too miserable, unless folded in female arms; and of the medicine of Thy mercy to cure that infirmity I thought not, not having tried it. As for continency..none can be continent unless [God] gives it."  --St. Augustine of Hippo
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 03:46:33 PM »

May the Lord ease your situation with your parents.  May you find peace with them, and they with you.  May your illness subside and may God grant you good health.

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 03:52:34 PM »

Lord have mercy.
marigold
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 06:51:33 PM »

Lord, have mercy on wainscottbl.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 06:51:54 PM by marigold » Logged
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 08:19:03 PM »

Lord have mercy on your servant.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: