Author Topic: Introduction thread for new and old members  (Read 51441 times)

Offline Helladius

• Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Re: Introduction thread for new and old members
« Reply #270 on: May 18, 2017, 06:12:43 PM »
Hello everyone  :)
I'm Helladius, a loooong time lurker finally surfacing as it would be nice to post on some of the threads & ask some questions from time to time! I'm quite shy, both on the internet & in real life, but have mustered the courage finally to try to get involved in some of the discussions here as I really enjoy reading them :)
What else to say? I'm a student, with a geeky interest in theology, religion, history, literature, music. I'm a cradle Orthodox, but only really started attending church regularly in the last few years. I thank God that He made that happen :) , and, though there are many blessings in my life, my relationship with God & participation (unworthy sinner though I definitely am) in His Church is the best thing in my life :)
'Be extremely careful not to offend anyone in word or deed, for it is a grave sin. When someone is offended, God, who loves the man, is also offended, for there can be no offending man without offending God.'
St Tikhon of Zadonsk

'Where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also' Matt 6:21

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
  • Faith: God
« Reply #271 on: May 18, 2017, 06:23:57 PM »
Welcome :)
"It is not as a child that I believe and confess Jesus Christ. My hosanna is born of a furnace of doubt." - Dostoevsky

Offline AlioshaKaramazov

• Faith: Inquiring
« Reply #272 on: May 18, 2017, 08:32:05 PM »
Welcome!