Author Topic: Introduction thread for new and old members  (Read 57585 times)

Offline Helladius

• Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Re: Introduction thread for new and old members
« Reply #270 on: May 18, 2017, 06:12:43 PM »
Hello everyone  :)
I'm Helladius, a loooong time lurker finally surfacing as it would be nice to post on some of the threads & ask some questions from time to time! I'm quite shy, both on the internet & in real life, but have mustered the courage finally to try to get involved in some of the discussions here as I really enjoy reading them :)
What else to say? I'm a student, with a geeky interest in theology, religion, history, literature, music. I'm a cradle Orthodox, but only really started attending church regularly in the last few years. I thank God that He made that happen :) , and, though there are many blessings in my life, my relationship with God & participation (unworthy sinner though I definitely am) in His Church is the best thing in my life :)
'Be extremely careful not to offend anyone in word or deed, for it is a grave sin. When someone is offended, God, who loves the man, is also offended, for there can be no offending man without offending God.'
St Tikhon of Zadonsk

'Where thy treasure is, there is thy heart also' Matt 6:21

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #271 on: May 18, 2017, 06:23:57 PM »
Welcome :)

Offline AlioshaKaramazov

• Faith: Inquiring
« Reply #272 on: May 18, 2017, 08:32:05 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Kleofas

• Jo Śląski chop, ino że jo lubia Prawosławie i cołki schód
  • Faith: Unsure
  • Jurisdiction: Łódź i Poznań
« Reply #273 on: September 21, 2017, 01:58:11 PM »
Hello to all! (Dzień dobry dla rodaków, и здравствуте, товарищи!)

I am Kleofas. I’m a young (20s) Pole (Silesian) with an interest in Orthodoxy. Like most Poles (and Silesians), I’ve been brought up in the Catholic faith. At this point, I’m a practising Catholic who believes that the Orthodox are right. In short, my faith “status” is rather complicated.

I’m also a Slavophile with Russian tendencies, which is unusual for most Poles. I enjoy skiing (downhill), people’s music, film, and many other things in life.   

Anyway, I look forward to discussing Orthodoxy with the vibrant community of persons on this forum, especially my Polish compatriots and Slavic brothers.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
« Reply #274 on: September 21, 2017, 02:08:20 PM »

I am Kleofas. I’m a young (20s) Pole (Silesian) with an interest in Orthodoxy. Like most Poles (and Silesians), I’ve been brought up in the Catholic faith. At this point, I’m a practising Catholic who believes that the Orthodox are right. In short, my faith “status” is rather complicated.

I’m also a Slavophile with Russian tendencies, which is unusual for most Poles. I enjoy skiing (downhill), people’s music, film, and many other things in life.   

Anyway, I look forward to discussing Orthodoxy with the vibrant community of persons on this forum, especially my Polish compatriots and Slavic brothers.

Witamy - welcome!
There used to be some active Polish members of the forum, there are some forumers of Polish descent, but for now I'm rather unique one here knowing Polish.
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Kleofas

« Reply #275 on: September 21, 2017, 02:20:18 PM »

Witamy - welcome!
There used to be some active Polish members of the forum, there are some forumers of Polish descent, but for now I'm rather unique one here knowing Polish.

Bardzo miło poznać. Szczerze mówiąc, trudno jest znaleść prawosławnych na Śląsku (jest więcej wiernych w Sosnowcu, skoro tam jest jedyna parafia w całym województwie górnośląskim), więc ciesze się, że to się zapisałem.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
« Reply #276 on: September 21, 2017, 02:26:35 PM »

Witamy - welcome!

Bardzo miło poznać. Szczerze mówiąc, trudno jest znaleść prawosławnych na Śląsku (jest więcej wiernych w Sosnowcu, skoro tam jest jedyna parafia w całym województwie górnośląskim), więc ciesze się, że to się zapisałem.

Ah, please remember, that if you use there another language than English, you have to translate the word/sentence into English, exactly as you did in the 1st post. If you want to write in Polish or any other language, we have a special section for this: Foreign Language Forums, including Slavic languages.
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Kleofas

« Reply #277 on: September 21, 2017, 02:45:08 PM »

Witamy - welcome!

Ah, please remember, that if you use there another language than English, you have to translate the word/sentence into English, exactly as you did in the 1st post. If you want to write in Polish or any other language, we have a special section for this: Foreign Language Forums, including Slavic languages.

Sorry, will do. I guess that I got a little carried away.

Translation of my previous post: It’s very nice to meet [you]. Frankly, it’s hard to find Orthodox [persons] in Silesia (there are more faithful in Sosnowiec, since the only parish in the Upper Silesian Voivodeship is located there), so I’m quite happy that I signed up [for this forum].

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #278 on: September 21, 2017, 08:36:43 PM »
Welcome, Kleofas.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #279 on: September 21, 2017, 09:59:39 PM »

Witamy - welcome!

Sorry, will do. I guess that I got a little carried away.

Translation of my previous post: It’s very nice to meet [you]. Frankly, it’s hard to find Orthodox [persons] in Silesia (there are more faithful in Sosnowiec, since the only parish in the Upper Silesian Voivodeship is located there), so I’m quite happy that I signed up [for this forum].
Nice, another Polish Orthodox here, welcome. :) I must tell you I'm a fake Pole, though...
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline Olivia

• Viva Christo Rey!
  • Elder
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Philadelphia
« Reply #280 on: September 23, 2017, 04:23:38 AM »
Welcome to all the newbies!
This is something cute and innocent.

Offline Nicodemusz138

• Faith: Always seeking God
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of the Kingdom of God, Eternity
« Reply #281 on: September 30, 2017, 05:13:01 AM »
Hello everyone!, Nicodemusz here!

I browse this Forum for almost a year now, but only now I am finally here!, I chose this name because I read that St. Nicodemus is the patron saint of the curious.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14

Προς άπειρο και πέραν αυτού!

Offline Ainnir

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #282 on: September 30, 2017, 08:08:17 AM »
Hello everyone!, Nicodemusz here!

I browse this Forum for almost a year now, but only now I am finally here!, I chose this name because I read that St. Nicodemus is the patron saint of the curious.

Welcome, Nicodemus.  :)
"Is any of the above Orthodox?  I have no clue, so there's that."  ~me

Taking a hiatus.  Pray for me, a sinner.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #283 on: September 30, 2017, 10:20:20 AM »
Hello to the new people.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Vysha

• Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: No Jurisdiction
« Reply #284 on: October 04, 2017, 10:55:32 PM »
I've visited this message board for some time and I finally got around to registering. This is my first post.

I don't have much to say about myself at the moment. I have a Protestant background but haven't attended church in years and am currently looking into Eastern Orthodoxy since it has challenged many of my religious presuppositions. Let's just say it's a lot to take in.

Cheers and God bless.