OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 10:39:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction thread for new and old members  (Read 6685 times) Average Rating: 0
mike
Stratopedarches

« on: October 22, 2013, 05:41:56 PM »

This is a thread when new (and old users) can introduce themselves to the forum.

I am 23. I study Robotics. I am a Belarusian from Poland.

It can be stuck or whatever.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 05:55:50 PM »

I'm surprised that there wasn't a thread like this before.  Oh well.

I'm 19 years old, study Classics and I'm a Dutchman from the Netherlands.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:40:35 PM by Cyrillic » Logged

On a temporary/semi-permanent/permanent vacation from OC.net.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 06:01:45 PM »

I'm Achronos (Alex), OC.net's attention whore par excellence.

I am 25.

My current job I am afforded the luxury of sitting in a cubicle all day sorting through Excel cells while risking my company thousands of dollars daily.

I just moved to Pittsburgh PA back in May, more so for spiritual reasons.

I like to think I am an artist when I want to be. My mind is always thinking creatively, I love painting, photography, graphic design, music, writing, literature, etc.

I went to school for 2 years, got seriously disillusioned with it and also was in a toxic relationship that almost ended in marriage (maybe a bullet later on).

I have on and off depression about my future, know exactly what I want to do but worried about not financially making ends meet if I was to do some art fulltime. I know I have the talents and skills to be successful and hope one day I will be recognized for them.

I post on online message boards because I can still socialize and talk with people about subjects that interest me, because it's difficult to have those random encounters with people that like the same stuff I do, so message boards are a good outlet for me to get out what's on my mind.

Everyday I want to learn something new or gain some wisdom. I never want to stop being competitive with other people, and I don't accept mediocrity of myself which is why I am a perfectionist. Anything someone can do, I will work hard to do better than them.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:23:53 PM by Achronos » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 01:00:32 PM »

nice to hear more about u all.
i am mabsoota (happy) and my hobbies are going to church and reading arabic books in public places.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 01:07:06 PM »

my hobbies are...reading arabic books in public places.

LOL. 

I can't read Arabic, but after 9-11, I got annoyed at all the strange looks I'd get just for being brown while downtown, so I'd buy an Arabic newspaper and look at it while drinking coffee at a cafe.  A lot of fun can be had for very little money if you're creative.   

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 01:34:05 PM »

I'm age 34.  I work in insurance doing litigation management and settlement negotiation of injury claims.

I am married and have two darling daughters.

Hobbies include miniature wargaming, computer games and watching (American) football.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:04:13 PM by TheTrisagion » Logged

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
WPM
Archon

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 01:40:28 PM »

Hello, Greetings from Texas
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 01:54:18 PM »

Oh well.

I'm a Finn and twentysomething. I study comparative religion but at the moment I'm working for my civilian service in a state office. I'm hoping to get hired there also after my service is finished.

I spend too much time on internet and dream of having a dog, studying arabic and moving abroad.
Hinterlander
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 02:08:19 PM »

I am in my early 30s.  I teach social studies in a public high school.  I live in the broader Four Corners region of the Southwestern United States.  I am originally from the Midwest.  I was raised in a rather conservative household.  I was raised a Calvinist in the Dutch Reformed tradition.  I am a committed member of a Protestant congregation.  I study Orthodoxy in my free time.  I own the books even a pious cradle Orthodox would never read and it doesn't do me much good.  I am married with no children.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:08:40 PM by Hinterlander » Logged
Nektarios_In_E.S.

Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church Diocese of Buenos Aires, Central and South America

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 02:12:57 PM »

My name's Fred.  I work in sales for a Title Insurance company.

I love and "do" art and am a huge fan of the humanities.  I'm a big jazz music fan and sports fan (baseball, football (soccer), college football, hockey and basketball). I'm also an avid reader and have a nice collection, relatively speaking.

I speak Spanish (since I'm Hispanic from Central America), some Italian, French and am learning Greek (very slowly).

I went from Roman Catholicism, to Gnosticism, to "nothingism", back to Roman Catholicism, Eastern Catholicism and finally home to the Holy Orthodox Church.  There is nothing, and I truly mean, nothing like Orthodoxy.  Having studied philosophy, Roman Catholic Theology and Gnosticism, I can safely say that there is nothing like Orthodox Christian Theology: It is THE TRUTH!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 02:13:30 PM »

My name's Fred.  I work in sales for a Title Insurance company.

I love and "do" art and am a huge fan of the humanities.  I'm a big jazz music fan and sports fan (baseball, football (soccer), college football, hockey and basketball). I'm also an avid reader and have a nice collection, relatively speaking.

I speak Spanish (since I'm Hispanic from Central America), some Italian, French and am learning Greek (very slowly).

I went from Roman Catholicism, to Gnosticism, to "nothingism", back to Roman Catholicism, Eastern Catholicism and finally home to the Holy Orthodox Church.  There is nothing, and I truly mean, nothing like Orthodoxy.  Having studied philosophy, Roman Catholic Theology and Gnosticism, I can safely say that there is nothing like Orthodox Christian Theology: It is THE TRUTH!
Do you mind if I send you a PM?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
katherineofdixie
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 02:14:45 PM »

You young whippersnappers, never you mind how old I am!

I live in the South in Atlanta, GA with my husband, my mother and an Australian Shepherd who has done a great job of training all of us to give her dog snacks on demand.

I work for a church organization, writing and editing. For which I make very little money, but I like it a lot.

My husband runs a food program for the homeless, and is active in prison ministry (he makes even less than I do!)

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
Nektarios_In_E.S.

Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church Diocese of Buenos Aires, Central and South America

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 04:33:30 PM »

Do you mind if I send you a PM?

Go for it dude!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 04:34:37 PM by Nektarios_In_E.S. » Logged
Dominika
Serbian/Polish
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 09:20:38 AM »

my hobbies are (...) reading arabic books in public places.

That's what's supposed to be my hobby now. But even worse: I should read them aloud. Because this academic year I finally started the Arabic Studies at Warsaw University. And I have problems with some sounds and, more, with nice linking of the words, as it has to be; I don't have probelms with recognizing the letters, as I've been writting and reading (slowly, with vocalisation) Arabic for a few years.

Anyway: my name is obvious, my father is Serbian and the mother is Polish (Roman Catholic). I came back to the faith of my fathers almost 2 years ago. I'm 22 and live in Poland. Probably my writting style and appearance look serious, but I'm not such person Wink

There are many things I love (handsome men, my friends, chocolate, kebab, wine, rakija, old cartoons, dancing in a way I feel the music, byzantine and Oriental Orthodox chants, sometimes being in the centre of attention, Lost Tv series, travelling, writting, speaking and gesticulating too much, the district I live in Warsaw etc. etc.)
and few things I hate (too much shorten services and lack of their proper order - I mean the scheduling, concerts during Divine Liturgy, ignorance in regard with Orthodoxy and Christians from Arab speaking countries, sayings that Kosovo is not Serbian, parties without dancing, sermons in Russian Polish Orthodox Church - fortunately they're very rare in my parish, and such stuff).

Oh, and I'm a single. And don't want to be a nun.

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 12:22:12 PM »

There are many things I love (handsome men...)

Wink

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 12:45:48 PM »

I'm warning you again. The march of desperate Orthodox single men is on the way.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 12:56:21 PM »

My name's Donna. I am 40 and I work in customer service. I'm originally from Queens, New York.

I like art, music and hockey.  Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 02:14:04 PM »

My name is Jeremy. I am significantly older than some of you and probably significantly younger than others. I am a recent convert to Orthodoxy from Roman Catholicism. I live in the desert southwest of the United States, where I work through the local university designing and grading exams for Linguistics courses that are taught there, since that's what my degree is in (Linguistics, not exam design). I don't have a fancy ethnic or national background like the rest of you, so I'm not sure what else I should write.

Oh, in addition to English, I speak Spanish more-or-less natively (since age 4 or so; my grandmother came to this country from Mexico and eventually married a white guy, so she never taught my dad or his brother, but she taught me...different attitudes for different times, I guess), as well as a little Russian (6-7 years of study in and out of classrooms; I've forgotten a lot since then, though), Arabic (1 year classroom instruction + naturalistic learning via church, though not as much as you might think since 80% of our liturgy is in English here; I can give the responses and follow along with everything, but don't ask me for anything extemporaneous!), plus bits and pieces of a few other languages I guess I can technically say I've studied for work or in the process of getting my degree (Coptic, Lithuanian, Amharic, etc).

I like pugs, sleep, and non-fasting food. Embarrassed Currently I have none of these things. Life can be difficult.

Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 02:35:06 PM »

I don't have a fancy ethnic or national background like the rest of you
since age 4 or so; my grandmother came to this country from Mexico and eventually married a white guy

dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 02:43:34 PM »

That is not fancy at all. That's the majority of this city. It's not quite like being Belarusian in Poland. Smiley

Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 02:47:36 PM »

That is not fancy at all. That's the majority of this city. It's not quite like being Belarusian in Poland. Smiley

Dude, even generic White American is an exotic ethnicity. Combining it with other ethnicities and/or culture takes it to a whole another level.
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 02:53:40 PM »

I don't really understand what you mean, but it's a subject for another thread anyway. I only wrote that because I didn't know what else to write and somebody in this thread mentioned how they speak Spanish. There aren't very many Spanish-speaking Orthodox (though there are more than there used to be thanks to the newer churches in Mexico, Bolivia, Guatemala, etc.), so I figured I should come out and identify myself as one too. Undecided

mabsoota
Archon

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 02:56:30 PM »

we think u are cool!
 Smiley
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 02:57:46 PM »

we think u are cool!
 Smiley

At least I do  Smiley

Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 03:00:55 PM »

I don't really understand what you mean, but it's a subject for another thread anyway.

I'm a Finn and I live in Finland. Not much White Americans or Mexican-Americans here. Hence the exotics.
mabsoota
Archon

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 03:03:48 PM »

but your country is awesomely beautiful and your language sounds like angels laughing.
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 03:08:50 PM »

but your country is awesomely beautiful and your language sounds like angels laughing.

Why thank you. Have you been here? Smiley
mabsoota
Archon

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 03:10:17 PM »

no, saw lots of photos. it's on my list, but i need to go back to africa 1st
 Smiley
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2013, 03:13:16 PM »

As much as I hate to disagree with Mabsoota about anything (after all, she's no doubt right about this), I cannot separate the sound of spoken Finnish from my childhood memories of my mother's Finnish best friend yelling at her children in her native language whenever they did something wrong and she wanted to scold them in front of company (us) without us knowing what she was actually saying. I understand the logic at work, but that really doesn't make it any less awkward. Finnish, the language and the tiny but fiery women who yell it, is just plain scary.

Too funny not to edit to include: Going around the nerdy/language side of the internet is the following fake IM "chat" between Finnish and other languages of Europe.

What do you mean Finnish is difficult?

English: A dog
    Swedish: What
    English: The dog
    English: Two dogs
    Swedish:
    Swedish:
    Swedish: En hund, hunden
    Swedish: Två hundar, hundarna
    German:
    English: No, go away
    Swedish: No one invited you
    German: Der Hund
    English: I said go away
    German: Ein Hund, zwei Hunde
    Swedish: Stop it
    German: Den Hund, einen Hund, dem Hund, einem Hund, des Hundes, eines Hundes, den Hunden, der Hunden
    Finnish: Sup
    English: NO
    Swedish: NO
    German: NO
    Finnish:
    English:
    German:
    Swedish:
    Finnish: Koira, koiran, koiraa, koiran again, koirassa, koirasta, koiraan, koiralla, koiralta, koiralle, koirana, koiraksi, koiratta, koirineen, koirin
    German:
    Swedish:
    Finnish:
    English:
    Finnish: Aaaand... koirasi, koirani, koiransa, koiramme, koiranne, koiraani, koiraasi, koiraansa, koiraamme, koiraanne, koirassani, koirassasi, koirassansa, koirassamme, koirassanne, koirastani, koirastasi, koirastansa, koirastamme, koirastanne, koirallani, koirallasi, koirallansa, koirallamme, koirallanne, koiranani, koiranasi, koiranansa, koiranamme, koirananne, koirakseni, koiraksesi, koiraksensa, koiraksemme, koiraksenne, koirattani, koirattasi, koirattansa, koirattamme, koirattanne, koirineni, koirinesi, koirinensa, koirinemme, koirinenne
    English:
    Swedish:
    German:
    Finnish: Wait! then theres koirakaan, koirankaan, koiraakaan, koirassakaan, koirastakaan, koiraankaan, koirallakaan, koiraltakaan, koirallekaan, koiranakaan, koiraksikaan, koirattakaan, koirineenkaan, koirinkaan, koirako, koiranko, koiraako, koirassako, koirastako, koiraanko, koirallako, koiraltako, koiralleko, koiranako, koiraksiko, koirattako, koirineenko, koirinko, koirasikaan, koiranikaan, koiransakaan, koirammekaan, koirannekaan, koiraanikaan, koiraasikaan, koiraansakaan, koiraammekaan, koiraannekaan, koirassanikaan, koirassasikaan, koirassansakaan, koirassammekaan, koirassannekaan, koirastanikaan, koirastasikaan, koirastansakaan, koirastammekaan, koirastannekaan, koirallanikaan, koirallasikaan, koirallansakaan, koirallammekaan, koirallannekaan, koirananikaan, koiranasikaan, koiranansakaan, koiranammekaan, koiranannekaan, koiraksenikaan, koiraksesikaan, koiraksensakaan, koiraksemmekaan, koiraksennekaan, koirattanikaan, koirattasikaan, koirattansakaan, koirattammekaan, koirattannekaan, koirinenikaan, koirinesikaan, koirinensakaan, koirinemmekaan, koirinennekaan, koirasiko, koiraniko, koiransako, koirammeko, koiranneko, koiraaniko, koiraasiko, koiraansako, koiraammeko, koiraanneko, koirassaniko, koirassasiko, koirassansako, koirassammeko, koirassanneko, koirastaniko, koirastasiko, koirastansako, koirastammeko, koirastanneko, koirallaniko, koirallasiko, koirallansako, koirallammeko, koirallanneko, koirananiko, koiranasiko, koiranansako, koiranammeko, koirananneko, koirakseniko, koiraksesiko, koiraksensako, koiraksemmeko, koiraksenneko, koirattaniko, koirattasiko, koirattansako, koirattammeko, koirattanneko, koirineniko, koirinesiko, koirinensako, koirinemmeko, koirinenneko, koirasikaanko, koiranikaanko, koiransakaanko, koirammekaanko, koirannekaanko, koiraanikaanko, koiraasikaanko, koiraansakaanko, koiraammekaanko, koiraannekaanko, koirassanikaanko, koirassasikaanko, koirassansakaanko, koirassammekaanko, koirassannekaanko, koirastanikaanko, koirastasikaanko, koirastansakaanko, koirastammekaanko, koirastannekaanko, koirallanikaanko, koirallasikaanko, koirallansakaanko, koirallammekaanko, koirallannekaanko, koirananikaanko, koiranasikaanko, koiranansakaanko, koiranammekaanko, koiranannekaanko, koiraksenikaanko, koiraksesikaanko, koiraksensakaanko, koiraksemmekaanko, koiraksennekaanko, koirattanikaanko, koirattasikaanko, koirattansakaanko, koirattammekaanko, koirattannekaanko, koirinenikaanko, koirinesikaanko, koirinensakaanko, koirinemmekaanko, koirinennekaanko, koirasikokaan, koiranikokaan, koiransakokaan, koirammekokaan, koirannekokaan, koiraanikokaan, koiraasikokaan, koiraansakokaan, koiraammekokaan, koiraannekokaan, koirassanikokaan, koirassasikokaan, koirassansakokaan, koirassammekokaan, koirassannekokaan, koirastanikokaan, koirastasikokaan, koirastansakokaan, koirastammekokaan, koirastannekokaan, koirallanikokaan, koirallasikokaan, koirallansakokaan, koirallammekokaan, koirallannekokaan, koirananikokaan, koiranasikokaan, koiranansakokaan, koiranammekokaan, koiranannekokaan, koiraksenikokaan, koiraksesikokaan, koiraksensakokaan, koiraksemmekokaan, koiraksennekokaan, koirattanikokaan, koirattasikokaan, koirattansakokaan, koirattammekokaan, koirattannekokaan, koirinenikokaan, koirinesikokaan, koirinensakokaan, koirinemmekokaan, koirinennekokaan
    Swedish:
    German:
    English: Okay, now you're just making things up!
    Finnish:
    Finnish: And now the plural forms...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 03:20:43 PM by dzheremi » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2013, 03:18:07 PM »

My name's Donna. I am 40 and I work in customer service. I'm originally from Queens, New York.

What kind of art?

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2013, 03:28:47 PM »

What do you mean Finnish is difficult?

English: A dog
    Swedish: What
    English: The dog
    English: Two dogs
    Swedish:
    Swedish:
    Swedish: En hund, hunden
    Swedish: Två hundar, hundarna
    German:
    English: No, go away
    Swedish: No one invited you
    German: Der Hund
    English: I said go away
    German: Ein Hund, zwei Hunde
    Swedish: Stop it
    German: Den Hund, einen Hund, dem Hund, einem Hund, des Hundes, eines Hundes, den Hunden, der Hunden
    Finnish: Sup
    English: NO
    Swedish: NO
    German: NO
    Finnish:
    English:
    German:
    Swedish:
    Finnish: Koira, koiran, koiraa, koiran again, koirassa, koirasta, koiraan, koiralla, koiralta, koiralle, koirana, koiraksi, koiratta, koirineen, koirin
    German:
    Swedish:
    Finnish:
    English:
    Finnish: Aaaand... koirasi, koirani, koiransa, koiramme, koiranne, koiraani, koiraasi, koiraansa, koiraamme, koiraanne, koirassani, koirassasi, koirassansa, koirassamme, koirassanne, koirastani, koirastasi, koirastansa, koirastamme, koirastanne, koirallani, koirallasi, koirallansa, koirallamme, koirallanne, koiranani, koiranasi, koiranansa, koiranamme, koirananne, koirakseni, koiraksesi, koiraksensa, koiraksemme, koiraksenne, koirattani, koirattasi, koirattansa, koirattamme, koirattanne, koirineni, koirinesi, koirinensa, koirinemme, koirinenne
    English:
    Swedish:
    German:
    Finnish: Wait! then theres koirakaan, koirankaan, koiraakaan, koirassakaan, koirastakaan, koiraankaan, koirallakaan, koiraltakaan, koirallekaan, koiranakaan, koiraksikaan, koirattakaan, koirineenkaan, koirinkaan, koirako, koiranko, koiraako, koirassako, koirastako, koiraanko, koirallako, koiraltako, koiralleko, koiranako, koiraksiko, koirattako, koirineenko, koirinko, koirasikaan, koiranikaan, koiransakaan, koirammekaan, koirannekaan, koiraanikaan, koiraasikaan, koiraansakaan, koiraammekaan, koiraannekaan, koirassanikaan, koirassasikaan, koirassansakaan, koirassammekaan, koirassannekaan, koirastanikaan, koirastasikaan, koirastansakaan, koirastammekaan, koirastannekaan, koirallanikaan, koirallasikaan, koirallansakaan, koirallammekaan, koirallannekaan, koirananikaan, koiranasikaan, koiranansakaan, koiranammekaan, koiranannekaan, koiraksenikaan, koiraksesikaan, koiraksensakaan, koiraksemmekaan, koiraksennekaan, koirattanikaan, koirattasikaan, koirattansakaan, koirattammekaan, koirattannekaan, koirinenikaan, koirinesikaan, koirinensakaan, koirinemmekaan, koirinennekaan, koirasiko, koiraniko, koiransako, koirammeko, koiranneko, koiraaniko, koiraasiko, koiraansako, koiraammeko, koiraanneko, koirassaniko, koirassasiko, koirassansako, koirassammeko, koirassanneko, koirastaniko, koirastasiko, koirastansako, koirastammeko, koirastanneko, koirallaniko, koirallasiko, koirallansako, koirallammeko, koirallanneko, koirananiko, koiranasiko, koiranansako, koiranammeko, koirananneko, koirakseniko, koiraksesiko, koiraksensako, koiraksemmeko, koiraksenneko, koirattaniko, koirattasiko, koirattansako, koirattammeko, koirattanneko, koirineniko, koirinesiko, koirinensako, koirinemmeko, koirinenneko, koirasikaanko, koiranikaanko, koiransakaanko, koirammekaanko, koirannekaanko, koiraanikaanko, koiraasikaanko, koiraansakaanko, koiraammekaanko, koiraannekaanko, koirassanikaanko, koirassasikaanko, koirassansakaanko, koirassammekaanko, koirassannekaanko, koirastanikaanko, koirastasikaanko, koirastansakaanko, koirastammekaanko, koirastannekaanko, koirallanikaanko, koirallasikaanko, koirallansakaanko, koirallammekaanko, koirallannekaanko, koirananikaanko, koiranasikaanko, koiranansakaanko, koiranammekaanko, koiranannekaanko, koiraksenikaanko, koiraksesikaanko, koiraksensakaanko, koiraksemmekaanko, koiraksennekaanko, koirattanikaanko, koirattasikaanko, koirattansakaanko, koirattammekaanko, koirattannekaanko, koirinenikaanko, koirinesikaanko, koirinensakaanko, koirinemmekaanko, koirinennekaanko, koirasikokaan, koiranikokaan, koiransakokaan, koirammekokaan, koirannekokaan, koiraanikokaan, koiraasikokaan, koiraansakokaan, koiraammekokaan, koiraannekokaan, koirassanikokaan, koirassasikokaan, koirassansakokaan, koirassammekokaan, koirassannekokaan, koirastanikokaan, koirastasikokaan, koirastansakokaan, koirastammekokaan, koirastannekokaan, koirallanikokaan, koirallasikokaan, koirallansakokaan, koirallammekokaan, koirallannekokaan, koirananikokaan, koiranasikokaan, koiranansakokaan, koiranammekokaan, koiranannekokaan, koiraksenikokaan, koiraksesikokaan, koiraksensakokaan, koiraksemmekokaan, koiraksennekokaan, koirattanikokaan, koirattasikokaan, koirattansakokaan, koirattammekokaan, koirattannekokaan, koirinenikokaan, koirinesikokaan, koirinensakokaan, koirinemmekokaan, koirinennekokaan
    Swedish:
    German:
    English: Okay, now you're just making things up!
    Finnish:
    Finnish: And now the plural forms...

Thank you. Now you understand why I'll never learn how to use articles and prepositions properly. Cases are so much easier.
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2013, 03:38:32 PM »

Tell that to the English-speaking student of Finnish. Tongue

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2013, 03:45:10 PM »

What kind of art?

Contemporary and pop art. Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 03:52:59 PM »

What kind of art?

Contemporary and pop art. Smiley

"art"

Undecided

Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2013, 03:55:29 PM »

Tell that to the English-speaking student of Finnish. Tongue

Well for starters nobody talks like that in the real world. That kind of lists are fairly artificially constructed. Also, people will undertand you despite possible mistakes with cases. You might get few smiles due to funny grammar but then again it's not that serious. Smiley
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2013, 05:04:16 PM »

My ancestors didn't move anywhere. Poland came to them.

Thank you. Now you understand why I'll never learn how to use articles and prepositions properly. Cases are so much easier.

How many have you got? 50?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2013, 05:28:25 PM »

I'm 32 years old. I have taught in secondary schools for the past 9 years (1 year as a science teacher, and 8 as a math teacher).

I'm currently in my tenth year in education, working as a coordinator of a night school program, which includes both teaching and guidance counseling duties. This spring and summer, I will also be teaching dual credit courses: College success 101, and Logic and Reasoning (an intro philosophy course).

I am just about to finish my M.A. in Philosophy, that is, as long as my thesis is accepted in December. After that I will take Latin courses to prepare for the Latin competency exam. Additionally, I will be getting ready to take the GRE.

My long term goal is to earn a PhD in philosophy with an emphasis in the Catholic philosophical tradition, and I would eventually like to become a professor of philosophy at a Catholic university (hopefully not too pie-in-the-sky).

In the mean time, I will be applying to teach intro level philosophy courses at the local University and Community college.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2013, 05:33:41 PM »

How many have you got? 50?

Had too google this but apparently we have 15. It's just that we can combine them together. For example:

pöytä - table
pöydällä - on the table
pöydällänsä - on his/her table
pöydällänsäkään - not on his/her table either

etc.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 05:34:01 PM by Alpo » Logged
Hawkeye
Onomatodoxicologist
High Elder

Faith: It's an old one!
Jurisdiction: Less old.

Hae bae, did u mis mae?

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2013, 05:51:58 AM »

Hello there,

I'm a 19-year-old Russian-American, born and raised in Johnson's Polar Bear Garden.

Currently, I'm unemployed, doing my college's General Education Requirements, and completely unsure of where my life is headed. If all else fails, I might just end up becoming a commercial fisherman like everyone else around me. I've already got a salmon permit headed my way and, considering that there is only ever some 700 of those particular ones floating around, they aren't exactly cheap.

When I die, I figure the worst I'll get is what I deserve. Any injustice on the part of God will certainly be because He is all too merciful.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2013, 07:57:04 AM »

Well,
Im Henry and I'm a 34 yr old in Virginia and this is my 2nd year as a teacher. I teach Information Systems at my old high school. I was a network engineer who left the industry briefly and tried my hand at insurance. I ditched insurance after I realized it sucked.

I have quite a few hobbies. Cooking, fishing, reading, ancient history, I love cleaning, dating, and collecting ancient coins, Im a musician (jazz and blues bass mostly, but getting into ancient music), martial arts, wrestling (the real kind), soccer, paper and dice role playing games, and Im a huge video gamer.

PP
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:57:32 AM by primuspilus » Logged

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2013, 08:10:17 AM »

PP, yeah being a network engineer in the IT world is a nightmare. Its the fastest way to become an alcoholic.

Lol@insurance, what kind? Got a buddy who thinks its the gateway to the riches. I think he is with Farmers? Had to take a test, supposedly it was difficult.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2013, 08:13:10 AM »

PP, yeah being a network engineer in the IT world is a nightmare. Its the fastest way to become an alcoholic
My unofficial hobby......I really like the sauce Smiley

Lol@insurance, what kind?
Life insurance & Annuities through Genworth (spits on ground).

Got a buddy who thinks its the gateway to the riches.
It is, for the slave masters  laugh

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2013, 08:37:51 AM »

LOL what a coincidence, my company posted on their website this morning for Oct Job of Month is a Network Engineer.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Nektarios_In_E.S.

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2013, 10:33:14 AM »

That's what's supposed to be my hobby now. But even worse: I should read them aloud. Because this academic year I finally started the Arabic Studies at Warsaw University. And I have problems with some sounds and, more, with nice linking of the words, as it has to be; I don't have problems with recognizing the letters, as I've been writing and reading (slowly, with vocalization) Arabic for a few years.

Anyway: my name is obvious, my father is Serbian and the mother is Polish (Roman Catholic). I came back to the faith of my fathers almost 2 years ago. I'm 22 and live in Poland. Probably my writing style and appearance look serious, but I'm not such person Wink

and few things I hate (too much shorten services and lack of their proper order - I mean the scheduling, concerts during Divine Liturgy, ignorance in regard with Orthodoxy and Christians from Arab speaking countries, sayings that Kosovo is not Serbian

Why study arabic? Do you plan on visiting an arabic-speaking country in the future?

Serbian people are really cool! I'm actually very close to a Serbian family as great friends of mine.  They bring me cool things whenever they go back to Serbia like hats and t-shirts.  Grin

I also believe Kosovo is Serbian -no doubt!  This is something I studied about years ago as I am a big fan of history -in particular, ancient history.  Plus, it was one of my majors when I was in college.

Do arabic-speaking people tell you that Kosovo is not Serbian? You confused me when you wrote: "
and Christians from Arab speaking countries, sayings that Kosovo is not Serbian

I love your avatar as I adore the Byzantine two-headed eagle symbol. Since I also love drawing and painting, I drew that shield with pen but with a little variation of adding a sword by the cross and I put it up at my work.  I also wrote on it: "Само слога Србина спасава" -over the shield Wink
Dominika
Serbian/Polish
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2013, 05:02:11 PM »

Why study arabic? Do you plan on visiting an arabic-speaking country in the future?

I’ve been once in Egypt and once in Tunisia a few years ago (before these revolutions). Arabic and the culture, music and so on of Arabic-speaking areas have been my passion (hobby?) since the childhood. And after a few years of trying to get into these studies (it’s really difficult as there are only 15 places and I had problems with achieving a good result from one exam and that was not mine fault but it’s a long story) finally I managed to do it this summer Smiley

Serbian people are really cool! I'm actually very close to a Serbian family as great friends of mine.  They bring me cool things whenever they go back to Serbia like hats and t-shirts.  Grin

I also believe Kosovo is Serbian -no doubt!  This is something I studied about years ago as I am a big fan of history -in particular, ancient history.  Plus, it was one of my majors when I was in college.

Do arabic-speaking people tell you that Kosovo is not Serbian?

It’s great to hear that! Cheesy And yeah, we have some cool t-shirts with special slogans Wink And it’s cool you know some facts, even from college Wink

It was just an accidental order, some Poles (but not only) say such things.

I love your avatar as I adore the Byzantine two-headed eagle symbol. Since I also love drawing and painting, I drew that shield with pen but with a little variation of adding a sword by the cross and I put it up at my work.  I also wrote on it: "Само слога Србина спасава" -over the shield Wink

You know, some of the users can call you too much hyperdox or something like that Wink But I appreciate such works Wink I have similar saying, but rewritten by st. Nicholas Velimirovic, put one the doors to my room Wink (I don’t consider myself as a Serbian nationalist, really Wink)

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: