OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 02, 2014, 05:09:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I feel like I have a block in my mind  (Read 297 times) Average Rating: 0
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« on: October 21, 2013, 08:19:40 PM »

I'm being 100% serious. It's like I can something in the front part of my brain that is acting like a block. As if I can't actually get passed it with my mind. It's almost like a material writer's block. I try to think or get passed it but nothing happens.

I feel like it is holding me back in life, and I can just overcome it then I can really do what I want to do.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 08:21:30 PM »

I'm being 100% serious. It's like I can something in the front part of my brain that is acting like a block. As if I can't actually get passed it with my mind. It's almost like a material writer's block. I try to think or get passed it but nothing happens.

I feel like it is holding me back in life, and I can just overcome it then I can really do what I want to do.

From the three other stooges:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxtW98VSegk

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 08:23:24 PM »

I'm telling you man, as you should already know, I am the scarecrow from Wizard of Oz.

I'm trying to think but nothing happens. Exactly!

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 08:25:38 PM »

I'm telling you man, as you should already know, I am the scarecrow from Wizard of Oz.

I wear Dorothy's shoes and know where the poppies are, so we are OK.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 08:33:25 PM »

I wear Dorothy's shoes and know where the poppies are, so we are OK.

And we are off to see Watson...and I don't think we are in Toronto, anymore.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:33:41 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Sinful Hypocrite
Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: "The Orthodox Church" by Bishop Kallistos Ware: "We know where the Church is but we cannot be sure where it is not; and so we must refrain from passing judgment on non-Orthodox Christians."

Great googly moogly!

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 03:09:06 AM »

You should find some activity that relaxes you, such as your fave music, as a musician it helped me to listen to something inspiring before a performance, also tense muscles are a hinderance to any work, mental or physical.

The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 12:16:08 PM »

Zen no mind.

Stop trying.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 12:17:43 PM »

So...you've finally admitted to being a straw man.  Excellent.  Time to move on. Grin Grin

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 12:23:16 PM »

You've probably been exposed to the Internet virus.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: