Author Topic: Stephen Colbert on Pope Francis, Cardinal Dolan and (of course) Stephen Colbert  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Jetavan

• Argumentum ad australopithecum
  • Taxiarches
  • Barlaam and Josaphat
    • The Mystical Theology
NEW YORK (RNS) The great and the good — and lots of politicians and TV pundits, too — gathered Thursday (Oct. 17) to hear comedian Stephen Colbert roast and toast everyone from Pope Francis to his host for the evening, Cardinal Timothy Dolan.
You could not have found a more perfect keynote speaker tonight because I am proud to be America’s most famous Catholic. And I’m sure the cardinal is thinking, ‘Stephen, pride is a sin.’ Well, cardinal so is envy. So we’re even.”
“Cardinal Dolan of course has a very, very hard job. Trying to hold up Catholic family values in sexually liberal New York City. I’m not saying New York is the gay mecca. But it’s at least Gay-rusalem.”
[On Pope Francis] “It’s not just his humble lifestyle that gets my chasuble in a bunch. He’s off message! Saying: Catholics, please stop obsessing about homosexuals, abortion and contraception. For Pete’s sake, we need something to be obsessed about now that ‘Breaking Bad’ is over.”
If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
  • All who love ZZ, honour ZZ!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Czech Lands
Gay-rusalem!
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

New thread topic.  Rate the sexual attractiveness of members of OC.net on a scale of 1-10.

Mor Ephrem: 11/10